What would it take (GW Question)

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

JP_Sasuke17
Standard
Standard

What would it take (GW Question)

Post by JP_Sasuke17 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:36 am

Who do I/we have to talk to, to get the pads on the SuperNova machine fixed? We all know that the left pad is shot with the right and up arrows sticking at random time, and now the right pad is starting to have problems with the left arrow, not nearly as bad, but it is still noticeable. It is bad enough that they turned the machine down so low that you nearly have the have whatever song you are playing memorized, and now the only good pad we had is starting to mess up. If things keep going like this I might just start spending all my money at Rascal on Washington street, even though they only have Extreme, they do have ITG as well and it's alot cheaper with ten bucks getting you enough tokens to play around 33 games and still have a token left over.
I just love the way Dancing on Arrows make me feel, especially when I pass out from this song....

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Re: What would it take (GW Question)

Post by WhiteDragon » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:52 am

JP_Sasuke17 wrote:Who do I/we have to talk to, to get the pads on the SuperNova machine fixed?
God.
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

Spazz
Standard
Standard

Post by Spazz » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:42 am

Alright, this is sorta in the wrong section, but I'll go ahead and toss in two cents before a mod moves it :p

In order to save myself some time typing up what needs to be done: http://www.ddrfreak.com/library/contrib ... ID=7580534

I'm at a disadvantage as a regular, as I'm on at least friendly terms with most of the staff. What does this mean? It means that when I complain about the machine, I get joked with rather than treated like a customer. I, however, would LOVE to see this machine put back at least into working order... so I'll try to arm whomever can get the job done with the knowledge they need.

Here's what's REALLY wrong with the machine:

1. The right arrow on the Player One side (the left side) sticks. The general consensus with the techs is that they replaced all the sensors... I'll give them that, it might even be a bracket problem. Either way, $5-$15 fix and suddenly they have a PLAYABLE Player One.

2. From time to time, the back arrow on the Player Two (the right side) does not register a step/will stick. This happens less and less with me, so I'm either learning to not hit the part of the arrow that uses that sensor or the sensor is righting itself.

3. From time to time to the screen will flicker like it loses power, or it will get grainy for a moment. This makes me think that there's a connector loose, as this only happens when I really hammering the pads with a jumpy/fast song.

Other than those three problems, one of them a very major one for a DDR machine, the machine is playable. Yeah, sometimes you get pad misses... but uh, guess what? That's part of the game in a place that doesn't really care about it's DDR crowd anymore.

You will most likely NOT get a response from face-to-face contact with local management. I would recommend sending e-mail/snail-mail to the district or regional managers. This means corporate... if they understand that they're losing sales because of a simple fix no one will tend to, I'm sure they'll jump on it.

Also, the music is not really a big problem. If you can't read the arrows without the music, then you should try playing some Stepmania/DWI without your sound turned up. PA is 80% arrow reading, and you can grab the BPM from the flashing arrows at the end of the scroll.

Edit:

Also, I would appreciate it if the fucking 15-year-old brats that play there would NOT approach anyone with machine problems anymore. Management is fed up with dealing with sweaty, nasty, ill-mannered teenagers who blame greats on the machine.

This has been a public service announcement from NOCKY (No One Cares go Kill Yourself)

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:53 pm

Spazz wrote:Alright, this is sorta in the wrong section, but I'll go ahead and toss in two cents before a mod moves it :p
Moved to locations. :)