Great X Scape, College Mall, Bloomington

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

Secef
Standard
Standard

Post by Secef » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:52 pm

Jason Dread wrote:I swear someone could give each and every one of you a basket full of rainbows and kittens and you'd STILL find something to bitch about.
What the fuck, a basket? Why not a cardboard box? It's way more useful than some oblong prissy-pants basket.

Jason Dread
Standard
Standard

Post by Jason Dread » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:01 pm

That I absolutely cannot argue.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:40 pm

Then again, if you mean "oddball" as in not 4 panel or made by Konami, then I suppose you are correct one and only to yourself (and I suppose anyone else from Bloomington who feels like jumping on the bandwagon).
Yeah that's pretty much what I meant, but I was referring to dancing games that are still in production, namely DDR and Pump. The games you mentioned are dead and have been for a long time which is probably for the best, Pop'n Stage would've been fun to try out a few times though.

Anyway, I say it's odd ball because when Americans think of dancing games they don't think of Pump. When Americans think of Pump they think of it as "That other DDR," sort of like ITG when it was still being made. This alone says something about Pump's popularity.

Of course, I'm not saying it's a bad game, I never have. I like Pump, I really do. I enjoy having an alternative to the ol' four arrow. I love having one credit doubles which is something DDR should adopt from Pump. I enjoy the stamina challenge over the PA challenge that DDR has. Outside of the bullshit charts, the game is dandy.

But that doesn't mean Pump has no glaring and easily remedied flaws. The interface, as this thread started off, is a piece of shit. Yes it gets the job done but when compared to DDR it's not user-friendly. But whatever, I don't want to repost all the things people have said about Pump in this thread thus far.
I swear someone could give each and every one of you a basket full of rainbows and kittens and you'd STILL find something to bitch about.
I don't know, I guess I'm just thinking critically about Pump. DDR is gay is its own way too, I have a ton of qualms with Supernova.

TaQa
Standard
Standard

Post by TaQa » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:01 pm

Jesus Christ, I was making a joke. I didn't "Storm" out from X-stomp when I lost anyway, I'm sorry if me leaving after I lost to do other things means I "Stormed out"

If you want me to really complain, I can do that, I quite pride myself in my ability to complain.

PiU has ruined my fun on the dancing game scene. I just CAN'T enjoy playing PiU, all but like 6 songs make me want to cut myself, and playing a game just for 6 songs is...uhh...stupid as shit. ANYWAY, I was frustrated when X-site was "the place to be" for a while, because "the place to be" just wasn't a place I wanted to be, playing a game I didn't like playing, listening to garbage I damn well didn't want to listen to.

And now I will take some time to address something I've been wondering for a while:

Dear lolgolem,
Why are you always hanging off of Jason Dredd's cock? Not saying anything against him, because from what I can tell, he's an alright guy...but it seems every time he posts an accomplishment you're the first (and generally the only one) to say "OMG JASON U SO GUD". Seriously? This just bugs me, its annoying. We all know he'd whoop anybody in Indiana's ass at pump, just like I'd whoop anybody in Indiana's ass at making french toast, so why do you insist on being, generally, a suck-up?

Sincerely,
David

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:24 pm

Merk wrote:Outside of the bullshit charts, the game is dandy.
:3

That is all.
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:32 pm

Cuz Jason Dread can do anything in the whole world. He's so good. =(

Secef
Standard
Standard

Post by Secef » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:54 am

TaQa wrote:...just like I'd whoop anybody in Indiana's ass at making french toast...
I smell a tasty challenge.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:23 am

TaQa wrote: so why do you insist on being, generally, a suck-up?
Seriously what the fucking hell are you talking about....I complement all my friends accomplishmets, and whenever I say Jason Dread can do that as a fucking joke and I know saying it pisses off and annoys all you guys. And now that I know it annoys you I am not going to stop.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:32 am

TaQa wrote: "OMG JASON U SO GUD".
AND I have never fucking said that....EVER, and if you look at Jason's brag thread....I mention about the charts...
lgolem wrote:
Jason Dread wrote: And because I can:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjIW3Re-Eps
LIADZ 2 Full, almost the 14 miss run
That is a VERY GODLY chart

Does THAT say that I am calling him godly...no the chart....

You can go through his WHOLE page and I say at one point "I wish I could do that" other than that, I am not the first to reply and if I do, I talk about the chart or something else...like so
lgolem wrote:*is waiting for when you guys get A Fighting Spirit Another unlocked*
That have anything to do with him...fuck no it doesn't...seriously...you are spewing pure bullshit

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:57 am

Secef wrote:
TaQa wrote:...just like I'd whoop anybody in Indiana's ass at making french toast...
I smell a tasty challenge.
100 sec. kitchen battle ... GO!

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:11 am

"None of this outdated code nonsense. Are codes trivially easy? Yep. Can a retard do em? I've seen it happen! Are they annoying? Absolutely."

That sounds about right to me. Also about those other dancing games... I think most of us would call PIU more of a success than the others. I think the constant comparisons to DDR aren't so much needless praise from fanboys. DDR has what just about everyone agrees is a better interface and design. The folks that made ITG managed to make improvements on it (c-mods, the extra red button, USB ports) but they still kept the basic songwheel and had controls on the front panel.

Even if you argue that PIU has an interface, look back at the old VHS or Beta debacle. Beta was agued as the better format, but VHS still won in the rental and recording markets. It might just be time for PIU to adapt. Maybe PIU is trying to be different. If that is the case, then I'd say I'm entitled to complain that the interface is a bit wonky.

I do admit though, I like the animated banners for songs.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:59 am

Why don't you stop hanging off DDR's dick Chad? DDR's sooooooooooooo good.

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:43 pm

Konami releases every song from ?5th mix? on with nearly the same layout on everything. And that is fine too. They are releasing what sells and what players want. Though at the same time, the later mixes are mostly a re-hash of old songs. There is nothing new.

At least this is something that Andamiro stays away from. They like to experiment. Every mix introduces new songs, step charts, modes, arrow skins, and new layouts.

One more thing about the code stuff:

That is a screen shot from Exceed PSP. I wish Andamiro would put this on a later arcade mix. It is obvious they are at least thinking of this.
Yea, I'm like Mother Teresa, except I pwn.

Merk

Post by Merk » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:22 pm

Yeah, that mod menu would be absolutely awesome.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:54 pm

lgolem wrote:And now that I know it annoys you I am not going to stop.
Mature.
Flakk wrote:Though at the same time, the later mixes are mostly a re-hash of old songs. There is nothing new.
Umm, sorry, but are you retarded? Have you played Extreme or SuperNova EVER? Each one introduced HUNDREDS of new songs.