Crazy Pins

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

UnLiMiTeDmAxX
Standard
Standard

Crazy Pins

Post by UnLiMiTeDmAxX » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:40 pm

There's a new place called crazy pins in the fort. If anyone has been to or heard of Great Times in indy, it's sort of like that but just a lil better. They have DDR Max, with good pads :shock: . I was excited to play the exclusive songs.

Crazy Pins has bowling, which consists of normal bowling, minature bowling, and some expensive bowling. The expensive bowling is $150 per hour. Only because it has couches and projectors or something. It's retarded. They also have black light golf, an upstairs restaurant, and a ball room for kids.

I was just happy they're DDR machine's pads were good. I'm gonna talk to management and hopefully get it upgraded to max2. :?
ImageImage
ImageImage

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:01 pm

Where exactly in the Fort is this place?

I can finally get OMES : DDDDDDDD

UnLiMiTeDmAxX
Standard
Standard

Post by UnLiMiTeDmAxX » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:08 am

wow great sig...

...but it's off of Lima Road down behind the Wendy's/BP
ImageImage
ImageImage

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:04 pm

I just wanted to give my two cents on the place.

I was also there on Tuesday, the day it opened, and I have to say it is a great place. First of all (and most importantly for me) they do NOT ALLOW SMOKING!!! They have quite a few lanes for bowling, some of which, as Shannon mentioned, have couches and nice TVs for the scores (though I don't know what you're talking about with that outrageous price...I and 2 friends played on one of these lanes and it was $4.50 per hour plus shoe rental), they got big screens all over the place. They also have this pretty cool black light miniature golf section, which I didn't see anyone playing, but it looked cool...I heard this was rather expensive. They have a full-fledged restaurant plus just a snack bar on the side, a pretty good sized arcade (complete with, as Shannon mentioned, a 6th mix with VERY nice pads...I played two 9s and an 8 and didn't get any misses or timing errors...however, somehow the pads aren't secured well to the floor, so it felt like I was dancing on a hovercraft for most of the time...overall I'd give the machine an 8.5/10), and a bar upstairs for the 21-and-over crowd (not sure if smoking is allowed up there). It was a really nice place, and having a nice 6th mix is going to be really nice.
FLASH IN THE NIGHT FTW

DDRmaster
Light
Light

Post by DDRmaster » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:58 pm

Dan, the only reason you got the cheap price for the nice bowling is because they were full and wanted to get as many people bowling as possible. Shannon was right to say that it's crazy expensive, but you do get your own personal waiter/tress. It's more for like business meetings and rich people parties. Like Dan said, there's no smoking in the entire building (including upstairs) which is nice.

About the machine, as the others have said, it's really nice and I had absolutely no problems (I never seem to anyway). Like Dan said, the pad moves a ton, especially when two people are DDRing at the same time. It wasn't that bad when I played by myself.

That's about it for my opinion.

Noah

EXOTIC ETHNIC FTW!!!

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:10 pm

Ah, good old fashioned pad surfing. It's not hard to fix: just get them to lower the stage levelers until the wheels are just barely off the floor. Bonus points for actually leveling the stage.

It's also nice to see a MAX machine around. Those are far too rare. I still think I like MAX2 better, though.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:32 am

Ghosts FTW!!!

UnLiMiTeDmAxX
Standard
Standard

Post by UnLiMiTeDmAxX » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:14 pm

Well there's a max at Georgetown Bowl, if it's still there. As for the Max machine at Crazy Pins, I think it's pretty much flawless. It still has the cardboard design around the screen. It's only .50 cents too. That's hott!!! :lol:

My worry is that the pads won't receive proper maintenance. Too many arcades have this problem and with it being at a place which will probably be most known for bowling, it makes me nervous. Until then, I'll enjoy the machine and the atmosphere.

Justify My Love FTW :roll:
ImageImage
ImageImage

DDRmaster
Light
Light

Post by DDRmaster » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:01 pm

Even though it's only 50 cents per play, they have no token deals whatsoever (is that supposed to be one word???), so if you look at the big picture it actually costs more than TNT and PP as long as you buy at least $10 at a time. Maybe even $5. Its worth it for the songs and machine though.

Random Stuff FTW

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:16 pm

Georgetown and Village Bowl are both Crazy Pins, I'm pretty sure it's the same proprietors. This one was just named Crazy Pins.

It's a bowling "boutique."
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:36 am

DDRmaster wrote:Even though it's only 50 cents per play, they have no token deals whatsoever (is that supposed to be one word???), so if you look at the big picture it actually costs more than TNT and PP as long as you buy at least $10 at a time. Maybe even $5. Its worth it for the songs and machine though.

Random Stuff FTW
Not only is it worth it for the songs and quality pads, but it's not that much of a price differential when you look at it, either. Let's look at it by plays per dollar instead of tokens per dollar. I'm using the DDR SuperNova from TnT, the ITG2 from Putt-Putt, and the Max from Crazy Pins. At Crazy Pins, no matter what, you get 2 plays per dollar, or 4 per two dollars. At Putt-Putt, with the BEST DEAL (Savers' Club Monday-Thursday), you get 2.5 plays per dollar or 5 plays per two dollars. At TnT, with the best deal (I believe 55 for $10), you would get only ~1.4 plays per dollar. So, Crazy Pins is actually a better deal than TnT, and only slightly worse than Putt-Putt at its best deal.

P.S. Not sure about the TnT token deal, that seems a little too crappy compared to the other ones, somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT: Added to DDR Freak, go vote it in.

UnLiMiTeDmAxX
Standard
Standard

Post by UnLiMiTeDmAxX » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:50 pm

dance1005 wrote:P.S. Not sure about the TnT token deal, that seems a little too crappy compared to the other ones, somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
My token deal at TnT is 120 tokens for $2 :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:12 pm

UnLiMiTeDmAxX wrote:My token deal at TnT is 120 tokens for $2 :lol:
WTF
Can get ahold of me @spookyxcraig

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:13 pm

You don't count, Shannon. Lol.

EDIT: Update: They have fixed the pad surfing issue at Crazy Pinz. However, now the pads are considerably closer to the screen and it feels a little weird and cramped at first. Also, when I went last night, a lot of people seemed to be having problems with dropping holds.