Post by hascoolnickname » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:56 pm

IM DRIVIN SO YOU BETTA WATCH YOU BACK WHEN YOU SEE DA MINIVAN ON YO TAIL

idk when im gonna be headin up to tbt but hopefully soon
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."

Ray_Clark
Standard
Standard

Post by Ray_Clark » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:09 am

I made a rare Monday apperance to check out the game. Its challenging to say the least. Of course it would be if u haven't played a DDR game in 3 months! It seems faster even on 1.5 speed. I can tell I gonna have fun for while playing this one! Wish I can go today but I gotta work!!

Jeff Jeff Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Jeff Jeff Revolution » Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:37 pm

I was stuck at newspaper deadline until 6 today...couldn't make it out...
ShammerS wrote:Nice cookies, Jeff.
BigBadOrc wrote:boop
Fun fact: only 3 posts at IndyDDR.com contain the word "boop."

Intermezzo
Standard
Standard

Post by Intermezzo » Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:56 pm

Wahah that was fun stuff yesterday. Expect to see me just about every upcoming TBT.

Matt, please don't take my scores. You have your 274,328 high scores on that machine. Let me have my 4. :cry:

polevaultguy
Light
Light

Post by polevaultguy » Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:46 pm

whooo i still got my ONE on be loving lol ... but f'real he was takin all the scores =/

The X
Standard
Standard

Post by The X » Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:39 pm

You people say this as if I meant to. :D
This post is brought to you by BET...Because it's never too late to desecrate an ethnicity.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:00 pm

I actually played on the machine this afternoon. I had a meeting downtown, so I decided to stop by. In general, it's not bad...

The stage seems pretty responsive, and I didn't have any trouble with missed or sticking arrows (keep in mind that I don't play nearly as aggressively as some others who frequent GWS).

My only complaint is the amount of wear on the arrow panels themselves. They are visibly "pitted." You can actually see a concave groove that's been worn into each of them from all the use they've seen over the past 5 years. 2P side seems worse than 1P side in this regard. I was wearing relatively thin flat-soled shoes, and these grooves definitely felt weird to me under my feet. I don't know that it affected my play, but the pitting was severe enough that I was conscious of it while I played. Note that it has probably been over 2 years since I've played on that machine, and I do not recall this phenomenon from that time.

Sound was acceptable. Bass seemed a little to high in relation to the treble/midrange (or vice versa). However, the treble/midrange sounded fine, so this was probably a simple matter of adjusting the individual volume controls for a more balanced mix. In other words, nothing appeared to be broken, and very minimal effort would be involved with affecting my opinion with that matter. And, of course, that's a fairly personal and subjective rating anyway.

Those were really the only two things that stood out to me at all. Everything else seemed generally fine.

On a side note: Does anyone know what happened to the hardware that came out of the machine during the upgrade? I may be interested in it--or know someone else who may be. If someone can put me in touch with someone that would know its disposition or be able to table an offer for it, I would appreciate it.

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:34 pm

black market oh shi-
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."

Spazz
Standard
Standard

Post by Spazz » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:05 pm

I'm not sure if they even have it in thier possession anymore. The general concensus was that the hardware was shot, so my guess is that it's either rotting in the back, or on it's way to corporate by now.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:52 am

Who would be the person to ask? I don't know anyone down there anymore. Or I at least don't know that I know anyone.

Ray_Clark
Standard
Standard

Post by Ray_Clark » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:33 am

Intermezzo wrote:Wahah that was fun stuff yesterday. Expect to see me just about every upcoming TBT.

Matt, please don't take my scores. You have your 274,328 high scores on that machine. Let me have my 4. :cry:

I know. He's everywhere yet i I love how they keep high scores on each song. To me, that's motivation to get better! The higher the goal, the harder I try!

Spazz
Standard
Standard

Post by Spazz » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:58 pm

Ho wrote:Who would be the person to ask? I don't know anyone down there anymore. Or I at least don't know that I know anyone.
If you're REALLY interested in it... Vic (the manager) would be the person to ask for something like that.

Just call GW downtown and ask for him, I think he's there most mornings.

Intermezzo
Standard
Standard

Post by Intermezzo » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:42 pm

Ray_Clark wrote:
Intermezzo wrote:Wahah that was fun stuff yesterday. Expect to see me just about every upcoming TBT.

I know. He's everywhere yet i I love how they keep high scores on each song. To me, that's motivation to get better! The higher the goal, the harder I try!
I feel the same way.

Unless it's Matt who I have to beat.

..Then I just give up.

The X
Standard
Standard

Post by The X » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:18 pm

Intermezzo wrote:
Ray_Clark wrote:

I feel the same way.

Unless it's Matt who I have to beat.

..Then I just give up.
Oh please. You should be thanking me for the extra motivation. :wink:
This post is brought to you by BET...Because it's never too late to desecrate an ethnicity.