Greenwood's 2 Machines

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

Ryan Dognaux
Standard
Standard

Greenwood's 2 Machines

Post by Ryan Dognaux » Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:20 am

Greenwood has their usual crap machine, and now some different machine. It looks really bootleg, the pads were definately some of those metal arcade pads you'd get off ebay with the soft arrows in them. Seems that DDR Extreme for Playstation 2 is inside as well.. and it saves all data to an 8 MB Memory Card.

Plus to it? One token for three songs.
Ryan Dognaux
My Life

fpd
Standard
Standard

Post by fpd » Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:27 am

lol, i'll have to go see that sometime soon.
YAGUCHI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CaseyDidder
Administrative Discipline

Post by CaseyDidder » Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:11 am

I already commented about this. Its a Namco machine, its a piece of shit, and I already broke one arrow on it that they easily fixed because its so cheap. The pads weigh in at like 20lbs a side, its pathetic.

and yes, that is a PS2 inside.

Secef
Standard
Standard

Post by Secef » Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:23 am

I heard about these PS2-crappy-pad machines on AaronInJapan awhile back. Are all Namco arcades getting those pieces of crap now? That's pretty scary.

The setup of the game has some issues though. For instance, you can break into an Oni or Nonstop whenever you want during your game. So, one fun thing I've heard to do is play a couple songs, then play the 20 song nonstop course or whatever it is in DDREX US on that machine. That's like, what... over a 30 minute set for 50/75 cents? :lol:

CaseyDidder
Administrative Discipline

Post by CaseyDidder » Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:19 am

Secef wrote:I heard about these PS2-crappy-pad machines on AaronInJapan awhile back. Are all Namco arcades getting those pieces of crap now? That's pretty scary.

The setup of the game has some issues though. For instance, you can break into an Oni or Nonstop whenever you want during your game. So, one fun thing I've heard to do is play a couple songs, then play the 20 song nonstop course or whatever it is in DDREX US on that machine. That's like, what... over a 30 minute set for 50/75 cents? :lol:
actually about 45 minutes, and yes it can be down for 1 token.

Also, all namco arcades ARE getting them.