TnT has Supernova

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:25 am

lgolem wrote:you don't have to call me totally wrong I am going by what I heard from Ho and Brandon and what those stupid arcade magazines say, because DDR Supernova is running off a modded PS2 and there supposedly other things different about it...they said that you can't upgrade the game from an old cabinet.
I'm not sure what you thought I said, but it wasn't that. True: SuperNOVA uses different hardware than previous DDR games. So an upgrade kit would need to replace more than just a disc and security cart as in the past.

Upgrade kits have not been available up to this point. I have a feeling that new cabinets were released first intentionally to try and help drive sales in that direciton. However, there has certainly been some hint that upgrades would be available at some point. Apparently that time has now come to pass.

The last buzz I heard was that Betson was waiting to get stock from Japan. Then, when they finally got the upgrade units, they all had the original build installed on them. They had to install the patch on all of them by hand, which delayed shipment a little longer. I guess they finally got it all squared away.

Either that...or someone's bootlegged this stuff already... ;)