That Fun Place - R.I.P.

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:52 pm

UnLiMiTeDmAxX wrote:Now I have no use for TFP!!! :?
=[

I guess I'll be visiting Fort Wayne sometime to visit. hah
Can get ahold of me @spookyxcraig

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:42 pm

This is horrible news!
SuperNova is extremely GAY!
Now Craig doesn't have a good ITG machine to play on :(.

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:47 pm

dance1005 wrote:This is horrible news!
SuperNova is extremely GAY!
Now Craig doesn't have a good ITG machine to play on :(.
this is the truth. :(

Oh yeah, Dan. I passed HoTN today before they took away the ITG machine. (they said it's arriving today, but it wasn't in when i visited after school_

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:48 am

Cbav wrote: I passed HoTN today before they took away the ITG machine. (they said it's arriving today, but it wasn't in when i visited after school_
Nice, I tried, but I was really tired for some reason and I couldn't do it...next time maybe.

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:41 pm

As I was walking into work yesterday, I saw the devilish "Shaffer Distributing Company" truck infront of TFP. The back of the semi-trailer was open, and I could see the ITG2 Machine lonely and cold inside of it. I walked inside to see in the arcade the DDR SuperNOVA cabinet, which looks pretty attractive. There was 2 short stubby ladies playing on it while the Shaffer fellas were adjusting the screws on the bottom. My boss walked up to me and I just glared at him. He laughed.

The stubby women got off the pad and my buddy Kaleb (Kgib) walks in, he too was working that night. We kinda just both stared at the game. We walked up, because the ladies put in credits and left them. (Yes, we were both clocked in at the time, my boss didn't care, he knew we were upset)

First song, Sakura, just to test out the pads and what not. SOMEHOW I ended up failing, and my buddy Kaleb got a B. That's weird, because I AA that song all the time. It was weird. So after closer investigation...

We discovered:
The wiring of the 1P and 2P sides of the pad were switched. (I controlled 2p side, 2p controlled 1p side)
Also, the Left speaker didn't work. Someone told me it blew out already.

Sweet deal. :?

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:59 pm

Cbav wrote:As I was walking into work yesterday, I saw the devilish "Shaffer Distributing Company" truck infront of TFP. The back of the semi-trailer was open, and I could see the ITG2 Machine lonely and cold inside of it. I walked inside to see in the arcade the DDR SuperNOVA cabinet, which looks pretty attractive. There was 2 short stubby ladies playing on it while the Shaffer fellas were adjusting the screws on the bottom. My boss walked up to me and I just glared at him. He laughed.

The stubby women got off the pad and my buddy Kaleb (Kgib) walks in, he too was working that night. We kinda just both stared at the game. We walked up, because the ladies put in credits and left them. (Yes, we were both clocked in at the time, my boss didn't care, he knew we were upset)

First song, Sakura, just to test out the pads and what not. SOMEHOW I ended up failing, and my buddy Kaleb got a B. That's weird, because I AA that song all the time. It was weird. So after closer investigation...

We discovered:
The wiring of the 1P and 2P sides of the pad were switched. (I controlled 2p side, 2p controlled 1p side)
Also, the Left speaker didn't work. Someone told me it blew out already.

Sweet deal. :?
OMG YOU GOT SUPERNOVA!!?!11?!!1 THAT IS SO AWSOME!!11!1
:wink:
You will be baked
Jeff wrote:Try playing in your room where your father enters to see you making crotch gestures with your hands.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:00 pm

Pheonixguy wrote:
OMG YOU GOT SUPERNOVA!!?!11?!!1 THAT IS SO AWSOME!!11!1
:wink:
Die a painful death.
Even though you were kidding.

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:03 pm

hey, purdue suffered the same fate WAY before this...
You will be baked
Jeff wrote:Try playing in your room where your father enters to see you making crotch gestures with your hands.

Dyme
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Dyme » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:19 pm

SN isnt really THAT bad. the betson cabinets are just really shitty.
Team KIMO represent!

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:04 am

Dyme wrote:SN isnt really THAT bad. the betson cabinets are just really shitty.
Especially the pads, maybe they just need broken in, but I can pretty easily pass LoM Heavy. Haha. FAIL ON THE HOLDS

Jeff Jeff Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Jeff Jeff Revolution » Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:18 pm

Cbav wrote:
Especially the pads, maybe they just need broken in, but I can pretty easily pass LoM Heavy. Haha. FAIL ON THE HOLDS
Those pads sucked more balls than Freddy Mercury.
ShammerS wrote:Nice cookies, Jeff.
BigBadOrc wrote:boop
Fun fact: only 3 posts at IndyDDR.com contain the word "boop."

Dyme
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Dyme » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:52 pm

Jeff Jeff Revolution wrote:
Cbav wrote:
Those pads sucked more balls than Freddy Mercury.
lmao. i know the one i play on sometimes gives me ALOT of pad greats. i got 2 greats on Centerfold and the greats were both in a row. so i called pad greats
Team KIMO represent!

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:08 am

Haha. so today i pretty much beat the shit out of the 1p side pad. it's barely better. I guess i'll let them fat little kids beat it into sence. :roll:

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:45 am

Any update on the stage wiring? Did it get fixed? And the speaker?

And why do these sound like familiar problems to me...even having only had contact with like 2-3 other SuperNOVA machines? I'm going to agree with the sentiment on the Betson-distributed cabinets. They just don't seem to be of the same caliber as their Japanese counterparts.

Based on my experience with "classic" DDR cabs, Konami is traditionally famous for using plugs that you pretty much CAN'T get wrong. As in, they only fit one way and if there are more than one in a particular area, they're either well labeled or different types so you can't get them confused.

But then again, I don't hold a much stock in the ability of Shafer to get things right either...

Anyway, I'd make a trip out to check out this machine, but I'd rather wait until it was in proper working order before I do. Keep us updated.

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:04 pm

Ho wrote:Any update on the stage wiring? Did it get fixed? And the speaker?

And why do these sound like familiar problems to me...even having only had contact with like 2-3 other SuperNOVA machines? I'm going to agree with the sentiment on the Betson-distributed cabinets. They just don't seem to be of the same caliber as their Japanese counterparts.

Based on my experience with "classic" DDR cabs, Konami is traditionally famous for using plugs that you pretty much CAN'T get wrong. As in, they only fit one way and if there are more than one in a particular area, they're either well labeled or different types so you can't get them confused.

But then again, I don't hold a much stock in the ability of Shafer to get things right either...

Anyway, I'd make a trip out to check out this machine, but I'd rather wait until it was in proper working order before I do. Keep us updated.
Fixed list:
Pads (yet still needed to be broken in)

Yet to be Fixed list:
Left Speaker
Neon Circular Bass Light

Currently it's 4 tokens to play, but I'm getting my boss adjust it to 3. (He wants all of the games to be 1, Shaffer doesn't like that idea much though.)

Give a shout when you plan on visiting. I'm sure Jeff and I will be in attendance. =]