Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

UnLiMiTeDmAxX
Standard
Standard

Post by UnLiMiTeDmAxX » Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:06 pm

Dam...nigga really did steal my bike.

*back on topic*
...i just came from That Fun Place and I have to say I was highly disappointed. For being a brand new dedicab, everything was so off sync. I had to step about half a second late, literally, just to get a Fantastic. The pads themselves, are in 100% mint condition. They were flawless. When we received our dedicab, there were a few songs that seemed off sync but seriously, only a few. You guys really need to invest in R16 because those songs need to be synced so bad. For example, I played Birdie on Expert and only got about a 93%. I should easily be 99ing that. I have a 99.73% (5ex) on that song, and I had to sight read the entire thing. My best score for the day was a 97.17 (i think) and that was on The Message, which is a very easy song.

Overall, I'd rate That Fun Place a 5 out of 10, simply because of synching issues. I have no doubt that if you guys get R16 and have the songs synched with the arrows that it will be one of the top 3 machines in Indiana. :P

EDIT: No one was there either. You guys scared of black ppl around there, cuz I sure didnt see any!!! HAHAHAHA 8) When you get R16 I'll def. be back.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Jeff Jeff Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Jeff Jeff Revolution » Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:18 pm

UnLiMiTeDmAxX wrote: EDIT: No one was there either. You guys scared of black ppl around there, cuz I sure didnt see any!!! HAHAHAHA 8)
Actually...the Klan started my high school, just 8 miles down the road from said arcade.

The local Klan group gave the school some money, and asked that we name the school in their honor. We kept the city name (New Palestine), but we are referred to as the Dragons (Dragon=term for high member of a Klan district or something).

Not only that, but according to the wikipedia page, the school is like 99.5% white. Perhaps we are afraid of black people...>_>.
ShammerS wrote:Nice cookies, Jeff.
BigBadOrc wrote:boop
Fun fact: only 3 posts at IndyDDR.com contain the word "boop."

UnLiMiTeDmAxX
Standard
Standard

Post by UnLiMiTeDmAxX » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:02 pm

Jeff Jeff Revolution wrote:
UnLiMiTeDmAxX wrote: EDIT: No one was there either. You guys scared of black ppl around there, cuz I sure didnt see any!!! HAHAHAHA 8)
Actually...the Klan started my high school, just 8 miles down the road from said arcade.

The local Klan group gave the school some money, and asked that we name the school in their honor. We kept the city name (New Palestine), but we are referred to as the Dragons (Dragon=term for high member of a Klan district or something).

Not only that, but according to the wikipedia page, the school is like 99.5% white. Perhaps we are afraid of black people...>_>.
Ahh shit, I'm never going there again.
ImageImage
ImageImage

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:07 am

LMAO @ TaQa's pic

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:38 pm

UnLiMiTeDmAxX wrote:Dam...nigga really did steal my bike.
*back on topic*
...i just came from That Fun Place and I have to say I was highly disappointed. For being a brand new dedicab, everything was so off sync. I had to step about half a second late, literally, just to get a Fantastic. The pads themselves, are in 100% mint condition. They were flawless. When we received our dedicab, there were a few songs that seemed off sync but seriously, only a few. You guys really need to invest in R16 because those songs need to be synced so bad. For example, I played Birdie on Expert and only got about a 93%. I should easily be 99ing that. I have a 99.73% (5ex) on that song, and I had to sight read the entire thing. My best score for the day was a 97.17 (i think) and that was on The Message, which is a very easy song.

Overall, I'd rate That Fun Place a 5 out of 10, simply because of synching issues. I have no doubt that if you guys get R16 and have the songs synched with the arrows that it will be one of the top 3 machines in Indiana. :P

EDIT: No one was there either. You guys scared of black ppl around there, cuz I sure didnt see any!!! HAHAHAHA 8) When you get R16 I'll def. be back.
That's weird. I havn't noticed any off-sync issues and I've been playing for there for at least 2-3 months now.
Can get ahold of me @spookyxcraig

Fagulous
Standard
Standard

Post by Fagulous » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:05 pm

TaQa wrote:Its the correct link, it just doesn't allow outside linkage, so go to the page and then copy the url, and then put it in again. Sorry if you have to work hard for your comedy :-p
Where are his "Pool's Closed" signs at?

UnLiMiTeDmAxX
Standard
Standard

Post by UnLiMiTeDmAxX » Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:17 am

Cbav wrote:
UnLiMiTeDmAxX wrote:Dam...nigga really did steal my bike.
*back on topic*

That's weird. I havn't noticed any off-sync issues and I've been playing for there for at least 2-3 months now.
Are you serious? I dont know you're skill level, so you must not have that great of FA, but man the synching was just pathetic. Do you know how to check to see which version you have. A friend of mine told me that if you have R14, then that's probably the problem.
ImageImage
ImageImage

TaQa
Standard
Standard

Post by TaQa » Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:48 am

ITG2 at Eastside Rascals is up and running again...it's an R2, I'll see what I can do about getting them to get R16

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:43 pm

I upgraded the That Fun Place machine. It's an R21 now.

Jeff Jeff Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Jeff Jeff Revolution » Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:27 pm

Cbav wrote:I upgraded the That Fun Place machine. It's an R21 now.
^_^ Expect me at TFP about 400% more now.

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:11 pm

R.I.P. In The Groove 2 at That Fun Place.

It's being replaced with DDR SuperNOVA. Yeah that's right.
I'm not really happy about it, Shaffer said we're doing such great business on it, they're going to take away ITG2, move it to a different location, and give us a brand new SuperNOVA machine. I'm excited and saddened. I loved that ITG Machine. At least I still have Rascals.

SuperNOVA it scheduled to arrive... TOMORROW. (Thursday, February 22n)

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:52 pm

Any idea where the ITG2 machine will be moved to?
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:54 pm

WhiteDragon wrote:Any idea where the ITG2 machine will be moved to?
I asked my boss to tell me where they're moving it to.
He's thinking Avon or Greenwood.

Jeff Jeff Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Jeff Jeff Revolution » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:07 pm

Wow...this is great news. I've had a growing taste to ITG, but there is always Rascal's.

I pray that they keep the pricing at 75 cents...please?!?

Also, this should help out my record attempt as far as how familiar I am with the songs, and the fact Event Mode is a lot more convenient for such an...event.

UnLiMiTeDmAxX
Standard
Standard

Post by UnLiMiTeDmAxX » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:10 pm

Now I have no use for TFP!!! :?
ImageImage
ImageImage