That Fun Place - R.I.P.

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

Jeff Jeff Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Jeff Jeff Revolution » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:41 pm

I went back tonight for the first time in MONTHS...it's a shame you weren't working, Cbav.

Anyways, I did hang out with good ol' Darrel and KGib for a bit. They were kind enough to put 2 credits on the machine for me. That's $2 that I am in debt to them. Tell them I said thanks.

Nothing really special, but I knew why I went. So I could show off my lackluster skills to people who couldn't know better.

*Jeff fails Unlimited MAXX*

Onstanders: Wow! You're fantastic!
ShammerS wrote:Nice cookies, Jeff.
BigBadOrc wrote:boop
Fun fact: only 3 posts at IndyDDR.com contain the word "boop."

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:46 pm

yeah i worked this morning. you should have come by rascals. ddr is for silly people
Can get ahold of me @spookyxcraig

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:51 pm

The plea for TFP ITG2 continues. I quickly mailed Shaffer through their website:
Email sent by Cbav wrote:Hi. I'm an employee at That Fun Place in Greenfield Indiana. Months ago, you contacted my boss, Michael Hilton, about trading his 'In The Groove 2' dance game for a 'DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA' game. My point in emailing you, is to attempt to re-switch the games.

My reasons:

In The Groove (ITG) is a version of dance game that was developed for MUCH more experienced players. It was developed essentially as the next step up from Dance Dance Revolution (DDR). My point is, that since we traded our In The Groove2 game to Bouncertown in Greenwood, it doesn't make sense at all. The placement of the machines is the complete opposite of what it should be.
Why? Because, Bouncertown in Greenwood is an entertainment center created for toddlers and young children. No one is allowed to enter unless you're accompanied by a child.

DDR is a game that's more suited for beginners and is a much more sturdy basis for children to begin on. Thus, it makes sense that the DDR game that we have at That Fun Place in Greenfield, IN, should be switched with the ITG game that is currently located in Bouncertown in Greenwood, IN.

Bouncertown - Toddlers ; Most Intense Dancing Game
That Fun Place - all ages ; Basic Dancing Game

The switch should make a happier environment.
You can contact my boss Michael at thatfunplace@hrtc.net
I'll reply with any further info later. if it comes.

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:48 pm

ok all dance games are gone from here.
Shaffer: "Y'ain't doin' it good nuff in tokens!"

Jeff Jeff Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Jeff Jeff Revolution » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:41 pm

Cbav wrote:ok all dance games are gone from here.
Shaffer: "Y'ain't doin' it good nuff in tokens!"
WHAT?!?!

I seriously was in Greenfield today, and I was (this close) from going inside to play. The only things keeping me back were a lot of homework left to do and tons of pouring rain.

Now, I'll never go back.

"That Lame Place."
ShammerS wrote:Nice cookies, Jeff.
BigBadOrc wrote:boop
Fun fact: only 3 posts at IndyDDR.com contain the word "boop."