Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

XeroCi
Standard
Standard

Attention Kokomo Players

Post by XeroCi » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:45 pm

I have two announcements.

1.) A crappy pump it up perfect collection is at Side Pocket Pool Hall and Games. If you want to play on a kinda weird PIU machine, then go for it. Left side is kinda stiff. So is right, but not as bad.

2.) DDRKokomo Community Website has a new address: http://www.ddrkokomo.com
Owner/Operator/Leader of DDRKokomo. Assistant Leader of DDRKokomo: Arrow Stompers.

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:35 pm

Well now...

I was planning on going down to X-Site tonight, but I think I'll head up to Kokomo to see just how crappy this Pump machine you speak of is. I'll be heading out shortly, and it should take me about 30-40 minutes to get there. So, if anyone feels like stopping by, I'll be wearing my IndyDDR shirt.
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:09 pm

Well, that was fun.

Drove past the place twice before finding it.

Anyway, the machine itself is in pretty horrid condition. The sensors weren't all that terribly responsive, the bars were incredibly rickity, and the pads made some creaking noises when stomped on much, and the pads were right up against the machine. However, the worst part of this machine, by far, is the monitor. It's very, very blue, and dark. I got some pictures of it, so look at those to see what I'm talking about. Oh, and the screen is a lot clearer in the pictures than in real life.

As for the game itself. The interface on that mix is rather odd. Definately not what I'm used to. Also, nearly everything's in Korean, so it was hard to figure out which songs where which. I tried doubles once, but the 2P pad was completely dead for some reason. Meaning, of course, that I failed miserably, even though I actually hit every step. :roll:

It was fun anyway. I ended up talking with Charlie, the guy who runs the place, for awhile. He's a really friendly guy, and it seems like a really nice little place there. I really wouldn't mind going back simply because of the atmosphere of the place and such, but I'd have to have some reason, such as being in town, or meeting someone there. The pump machine is just a bit too crappy to justify the drive by itself.

Charlie also mentioned the possibility of a new dancing game, and I believe someone on here should know what I'm talking about...

Anyway, here are a few pictures I took. You can see how off the monitor is, as well as how cramped the machine is:

The DX machine running Perfect Collection

Perfect Collection title screen

Song select menu

Title image at the begining of Rolling Christmas

Arrows scrolling durring one of the songs

XeroCi
Standard
Standard

Post by XeroCi » Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:15 pm

Dude, you skipped a trip to X-site to come play a crappy Perfect Collection. Curiousity killed the cat, no?

By the way, do you care if I use a couple of those pictures on the website, WhiteDragon?

Yes, we MIGHT be getting a new DDR at Side Pocket.
MIGHT. Big might.

He's going to open for Team DDRKokomo early on saturdays if we do get a DDR machine. It's a big plus, Charlie is friggin awesome.
Owner/Operator/Leader of DDRKokomo. Assistant Leader of DDRKokomo: Arrow Stompers.

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:43 pm

XeroCi wrote:Dude, you skipped a trip to X-site to come play a crappy Perfect Collection. Curiousity killed the cat, no?
Meh, I was bored, and felt like doing something different :roll:
XeroCi wrote:By the way, do you care if I use a couple of those pictures on the website, WhiteDragon?
Go right ahead.