Wishes do come true!

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Wishes do come true!

Post by Pheonixguy » Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:18 pm

pheonix wrote:Now we would be REALLY lucky if that Chuckie Cheeses coming in has pump... that would be AWSOME (but i doubt it)
Chukie Cheeses has zero gx!! In lafayettE!

We are on a roll! :o
You will be baked
Jeff wrote:Try playing in your room where your father enters to see you making crotch gestures with your hands.

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Post by malictus » Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:34 pm

Doesn't Chuck E Cheese have a 'every game is only one token' deal? Nice, assuing you can deal with 2 year olds suddenly jumping on your game and trying to mess you up :lol:

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:05 pm

Yeah, I played for 2 and a half hours, with breaks only long enough to eat and drink. And i only spent 3 dollars on pump.

the down side is, like you said, a two year old is amazed, and jumps on with you. The MOST annoying thing about this is on the menu. They plop down on the middle button, and start it on that side on easy station. And i started playing freestyle, they think you are on one side so they jump on the other side and get trampled when you jump to the other side.
But its worth it!
And if any of you go there to play it, dont use the left pad. The middle button is very moody.

DDR supernova and zero in the same month... next up is ITG3! (that is, when it comes out) I predict it shall be in the only other arcade left, the silent thunder go kart place! *evil music*

And other wise its the smallest Chuk E Cheeses on the planet... :roll:
You will be baked
Jeff wrote:Try playing in your room where your father enters to see you making crotch gestures with your hands.

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:48 am

oh i forgot to say its REALLY quiet, you cant even really hear it. (im going to complain about it, but i doubt they are going do anything)
You will be baked

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:56 pm

:( We asked them to turn it up and it was already up all the way... it turns out the rest of the place is too loud. :cry:
You will be baked

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:35 pm

Pheonixguy wrote::( We asked them to turn it up and it was already up all the way... it turns out the rest of the place is too loud. :cry:
That is what they say. I highly doubt it was turned up all the way. I've heard a machine turned up all the way in a loud environment (Renaissance Fun Park). The Pump machine could still be heared clearly over the many other games, tiny kids screaming, the background music, and the laser tag announcer. Maybe C.E.C. is just much louder, I don't know. It's been a LONG time since I've even stepped inside one.
Yea, I'm like Mother Teresa, except I pwn.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:59 pm

If you aren't sustaining hearing loss while standing on the Pump stage, then the Pump machine isn't turned up all the way...
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:02 pm

Then apparently the guy who looked at it doesnt know anything... he opened a panel in the middle of the bottom of the front side, looked in there for about 30 seconds and said he cant turn it up louder.
You will be baked

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:13 am

Oh really now? A friend and I were betting on which dancing game the new Chuck E. Cheese's was going to get. I guess we know the answer now.

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:06 pm

Um, ive been to alot of cec's. ALOT of them (like i cant count how many) This is the first one ive ever been to that has a dancing game. :?
You will be baked

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:42 pm

it's a new agreement with the piu makers i'm sure...i remember seeing a chuck commercial which was entirely centered around a PIU machine on tv not too long ago
insert code compile execute return

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:51 pm

Last I heard, CEC did have an agreement with Andamiro that all new dancing games they bought would be Pump it Up, but it wasn't clear if that would also refer to ITG or not.

As for turning it up, there are three knobs behind the coin door (the area where you insert coins) at the left side of the control panel behind there. The bottom one is the master volume. If it's already all the way up, you'll have to turn the other two above it up. These control the midrange and the subwoofers separately. Also behind the door are the service and test buttons, should they ever be needed, as well as the coin counter and monitor remote. You don't need to actually open the door to the coin bin to do this, just the top one with the coin slots and mechs.

I have major trouble believing it's actually turned all the way up. These things get patently ridiculously loud. I was entirely serious about my hearing damage comment. Zero isn't quite as loud as Exceed 2 (which is good - Exceed 2 was so bad that it had distortion issues), but they still get really freaking loud. That doesn't mean they'll be WILLING to turn it up any louder, but they get loud enough that you should be able to clearly hear it OUTSIDE THE DOOR of the establishment it's in in many cases.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:41 am

Read carefully, Pheonix said the hapless employee
Pheonixguy wrote:opened a panel in the middle of the bottom of the front side, looked in there for about 30 seconds and said he cant turn it up louder.
He said HE couldn't turn it up, not that it couldn't be turned up. That's refreshing candor. :wink:

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:45 pm

Lol, next time i go now ill insist they turn it up. Its seriously to the point where you cant hear the music during the song.
You will be baked

Dyme
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Dyme » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:41 am

is that machine turned up? i might come down to play in the next couple of weeks
Team KIMO represent!