DDR Extreme question

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

CgSquall
Standard
Standard

DDR Extreme question

Post by CgSquall » Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:32 pm

Does anywhere around have a DDR Extreme machine in GOOD condition?

I know both RFZ's have DDR Extreme machines, but I also know the one in Whiteland is in horrid condition. I don't care if I havn't played much lately, but when I fail a 9 footer, it's almost as bad as Greenwood park mall.

So, the question remains, does anywhere have a DDR Extreme in good condition, or have they all upgraded to ITG2?

And to be honest, i've never heard of/played DDR Supernova until just now reading on the boards again.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:07 am

I don't know where you live, but the DDR Extreme at the Tokens 'N' Tickets (most commonly abbreviated TnT on the site) arcade in Fort Wayne is in great condition. It gets very little traffic nowadays because of Putt-Putt having everything, and the pads are great. The worst that'll happen is you'll occasionally drop a hold on the left arrow if you don't put enough weight on it, but it's never caused me problems, and I play 10s on it all the time.

TaQa
Standard
Standard

Post by TaQa » Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:01 pm

Nah...Fort Wayne is probably...almost 200 miles out of the way for Matt :-P

Your closest place is likely Gameworks, Mr. Ford.

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:08 pm

I know Indiana beach has a couple of good extremes... (despite the fact that one started rolling in the middle of Drop out heavy)

And if you are in southern indiana, i know Kings island has 23423255 ddr extremes.
You will be baked
Jeff wrote:Try playing in your room where your father enters to see you making crotch gestures with your hands.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:11 pm

LazerLite is fine...

CgSquall
Standard
Standard

Post by CgSquall » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:56 pm

I might make an off trip down to b-town for some good ol Extreme at LL or up to GW for my first time in..well..super long.

I miss being able to play oni's and actually have FUN songs. There's only a few songs on ITG2 I actually like, cause I certainly don't play for the difficulty anymore.

Dyme
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Dyme » Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:03 am

indiana beach's machines have gone to crap. i was there about 3 weeks ago. ever since thomas left for college, the machines started to suck hard
Team KIMO represent!

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:00 pm

Dyme wrote:indiana beach's machines have gone to crap. i was there about 3 weeks ago. ever since thomas left for college, the machines started to suck hard
Noo!!! I go there alot... :cry:
You will be baked
Jeff wrote:Try playing in your room where your father enters to see you making crotch gestures with your hands.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:16 pm

Unless something has changed, I have heard nothing but negativity with regard to the condition of the Extreme machine at the Circle Centre GameWorks Studio.

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:37 pm

Ho wrote:Unless something has changed, I have heard nothing but negativity with regard to the condition of the Extreme machine at the Circle Centre GameWorks Studio.
Its worse than ever now. And the life judge difficulty is up higher than default.
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."

fur-e
Beginner
Beginner

Re: DDR Extreme question

Post by fur-e » Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:00 pm

CgSquall wrote: I know both RFZ's have DDR Extreme machines, but I also know the one in Whiteland is in horrid condition. I don't care if I havn't played much lately, but when I fail a 9 footer, it's almost as bad as Greenwood park mall.
omg.. the one in Whiteland is so so bad.. I used to love to go there to play. It seems they only pay attention to the ITG machine which is a pitty. I enjoy ITG but I love DDR. Lately for Extreme I go to Lazer Lite. I've had no issue with the machine there.

Intermezzo
Standard
Standard

Post by Intermezzo » Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:51 pm

hascoolnickname wrote:
Ho wrote:Unless something has changed, I have heard nothing but negativity with regard to the condition of the Extreme machine at the Circle Centre GameWorks Studio.
Its worse than ever now. And the life judge difficulty is up higher than default.
Last I saw, it's on Very High (8), as opposed to the usual 4, I think. Don't go to Gameworks. Their machine is awful awful awful and they don't really have any other good games besides Tekken 5, House of the Dead 4, and Mario Kart (and those are all usually occupied because they only have one Tekken and two of the other two, yet have half a trillion Indy 500 machines).

I played at Indiana Beach a few weeks ago, but I really just freestyled. I didn't notice anything especially wrong with the machine I was playing on, though.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:07 am

Intermezzo wrote:Last I saw, it's on Very High (8), as opposed to the usual 4, I think. Don't go to Gameworks.
So you're saying that it's like 3rd Mix ver. Korea 2, on difficulty 2?

:)
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:19 am

MonMotha wrote:
Intermezzo wrote:Last I saw, it's on Very High (8), as opposed to the usual 4, I think. Don't go to Gameworks.
So you're saying that it's like 3rd Mix ver. Korea 2, on difficulty 2?

:)
MonMotha,

Almost no one here gets that... ;)

Dyme
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Dyme » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:20 pm

the problem i had with the machines at IB was i was AAA'ing a song halfway thru then all of a sudden i started getting alot of greats. u wont get pad misses or anything like that but i just didnt like them.
Team KIMO represent!