Bemanistyle Location DB (GXS added)

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

Arka
Standard
Standard

Bemanistyle Location DB (GXS added)

Post by Arka » Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:11 pm

I know 90% of you are probably already acquainted with the DB, but I noticed today that Great X-Scape's Zero machine wasn't listed there, so I thought I'd mention it:

Bemanistyle is a fansite for Bemani and Bemanesque games, including but not limited to DDR, ITG, PIU, IIDX, PNM, and anything with -mania in the title generally. It's also the only site that I know of with a locations DB not restricted to one specific game. Locations DBs are wonderful things which allow clueless asocialites like me to find out about the existence of Bemani games in their immediate vicinity...

...so go visit that DB and put in locations, dammit! When I got there neither Great X-Scape nor any of the Indianapolis or Fort Wayne locations were listed. :evil:
[/rant]

I added a couple of locations, but my memory on what machines are where is rather fuzzy, so I couldn't do much. For instance, I know for a FACT that GameWorks has a second machine, but I can't remember what - maybe 4th mix? Something old. And I know of two locations in Fort Wayne with some cool stuff, but I can't remember the prices on any of it, so I can't enter it.

Oh, yeah, and someone who lives in the appropriate places confirm the locations I just added (and add any machines I missed). Pretty please?

(Mods: I could have sworn there was already a Bemanistyle thread kicking around here somewhere, but I couldn't find it with a search. If you can, please link & lock, and smack me around a bit depending on how obvious the correct choice of search terms was. :wink:)

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:03 am

Umm, DDRFreak also has a database not restricted to one specific game...they only list the DDR machines, but if you click on a DDR machine location, it also lists "Other Music Games" that include every other rhythm game. Unfortunately, I think this means that if a location doesn't have DDR but DOES have other music games, it won't be listed.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:45 am

ITG is also a "primary" game within the DDR Freak database. But you may be right that if a location has a music game with neither DDR nor ITG, it might not get listed.

I'll have to check out the Bemanistyle one. I hope it has a better search engine. DDR Freak is ok if you're looking for a machine near where you're going, but it's terrible if you're looking to see where to go for a particular machine.

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:49 pm

dance1005 wrote:Umm, DDRFreak also has a database not restricted to one specific game...they only list the DDR machines, but if you click on a DDR machine location, it also lists "Other Music Games" that include every other rhythm game. Unfortunately, I think this means that if a location doesn't have DDR but DOES have other music games, it won't be listed.
Precisely the problem I was referring to. :wink:

Anyway, I'm afraid the Bemanistyle one still only goes by state - but the index they use at least displays all the machines, so you can (e.g.) click on IN and visually scan the list rather than pulling up the page for each specific location...

I'll make the suggestion on the forum, though.

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:35 pm

added all information for Fort Wayne :D (actually I just forgot fast track and laser X... adding)

EDIT: I also forgot george town bowl (like anyone goes there anyways :D) they are all added now
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:55 am

By the way, I mentioned the "sort by machine" possibility and one of the devs indicated it was in the pipeline. He also mentioned that they wanted to add a search function that would spit out all machines within a specified radius of a specified zip code.