Georgetown Gaming Cafe

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Georgetown Gaming Cafe

Post by danc1005 » Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:43 am

Dunno if this is too much about DDR, but I wanted to ask somewhere...Has anybody heard of the new gaming cafe at Georgetown Square (this is Ft. Wayne). I heard they have a ton of consoles and games set up (I've heard everything from Halo 2 to DDR, to NES). I'm going there to check it out, see what all the hype is about.

-Dan

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:46 am

I checked it out, it's a pretty fun place. They have a bigscreen set up with an Xbox for DDR (they have all 3) and they have 2 metal dance pads (off-brand...not too sensitive, but okay enough). They also have about 16 stations with Xboxes set up for H2, all system-linked, and 5 360s with a big selection of games. They have food and drink as well. I think it's something like $4.75 an hour for the first hour and then less after that, and on Saturdays I think, from 11 AM to 5 PM is only $7. So yeah, pretty good, I'll definitely be going again (I liked the fact that I was the best at DDR and Halo there).

-Dan

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:01 am

dance1005 wrote:I checked it out, it's a pretty fun place. They have a bigscreen set up with an Xbox for DDR (they have all 3) and they have 2 metal dance pads (off-brand...not too sensitive, but okay enough). They also have about 16 stations with Xboxes set up for H2, all system-linked, and 5 360s with a big selection of games. They have food and drink as well. I think it's something like $4.75 an hour for the first hour and then less after that, and on Saturdays I think, from 11 AM to 5 PM is only $7. So yeah, pretty good, I'll definitely be going again (I liked the fact that I was the best at DDR and Halo there).

-Dan
Just consoles or do they have a pc LAN setup? Cause if it's just consoles, I can see them going under super fast.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

mexican ninja
Heavy
Heavy

Post by mexican ninja » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:05 am

SoDeepPolaris wrote:
dance1005 wrote:I checked it out, it's a pretty fun place. They have a bigscreen set up with an Xbox for DDR (they have all 3) and they have 2 metal dance pads (off-brand...not too sensitive, but okay enough). They also have about 16 stations with Xboxes set up for H2, all system-linked, and 5 360s with a big selection of games. They have food and drink as well. I think it's something like $4.75 an hour for the first hour and then less after that, and on Saturdays I think, from 11 AM to 5 PM is only $7. So yeah, pretty good, I'll definitely be going again (I liked the fact that I was the best at DDR and Halo there).

-Dan
Just consoles or do they have a pc LAN setup? Cause if it's just consoles, I can see them going under super fast.
I dunno, if they have a decent 360 selection, then it may last for a while.

Annnnd question: How do they keep track of people who have paid and whatnot? Couldn't a kid just walk in, pay for an hour, and play for like 5?

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:12 am

SDP: They only have consoles (and only Xbox consoles, at that). They actually didn't just open...they've been around since Feb., and it actually seems to be going pretty well.

Mex:It's not too crowded, and there's a computer there and it has an Excel spreadsheet up with everybody and how long they can stay till...it's not that huge of a place either, but yeah I guess you might manage to get away with staying longer than you should if you keep real quiet in the back and stuff. But they prolly wouldn't let you back.

-Dan

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:11 pm

oh gee golly two months sure is a long time to be open
this is definitely going down
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:36 pm

i remmeber about 2 places liek this that went under in less than 5 months.
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:46 pm

don't they need consent from the game developers to be making a profit from their game.... or in that case: making a profit on people playing a certain system? I may be completely wrong, but I think that's illegal.
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:50 pm

all you guys are acting like gamung cafes are a new thing. go to netheads or atomic cafe or something
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:00 pm

Potter wrote:all you guys are acting like gamung cafes are a new thing. go to netheads or atomic cafe or something
I know they aren't new, they just tend to flop really easily.

Only time I goto a lan cafe is for tourneys(it's been years), or if I'm out of town and I need to feed my WoW cravings.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

IxI I skate IxI
Standard
Standard

Post by IxI I skate IxI » Mon May 01, 2006 10:37 am

all you guys are acting like gamung cafes are a new thing. go to netheads or atomic cafe or something
So , gaming cafe's...ok. do they actually have like...a cafe?
Like is there cofee and donuts and such? If so, those things are awesome

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Mon May 01, 2006 3:04 pm

yes. netheads has a cafe. coffee, big pretzels, chicken, other food, all kinds of drinks, beer, etc.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Wed May 10, 2006 4:40 pm

Just felt like I should update with the pad types. I'm 99% sure that they're XPG6000s or 4000s. I'm going purely by what I remember them looking like and the images I've seen online of said pads. They also have bars that they can set up for you, but you get a lot of pad misses.

-Dan

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Fri May 12, 2006 10:50 am

Green Tea wrote:don't they need consent from the game developers to be making a profit from their game.... or in that case: making a profit on people playing a certain system? I may be completely wrong, but I think that's illegal.
I think if they have a certain kind of business license (like a video rental store has) they can charge legally.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Fri May 12, 2006 3:10 pm

They do have all sorts of refreshments at X-Scape (that's the name of the place). They have a way better deal on pops than TnT, too. For a size the same or bigger than TnT's large it's $1.50 (as opposed to TnT's $2.00) and the refills are 25c (as opposed to TnT's 27c...which makes me grr cuz you can't just use a quarter).

-Dan