Bloomington has DDR Supernova!!!!!

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:01 pm

MonMotha wrote:I'm not sure what belongs in an arcade cabinet and what doesn't anymore...
Trust me, we've noticed this by now. :lol:

But seriously, excellent work, both of you. What game IS that? I'm running on a crummy monitor right now, so I can't really make out details.

[This makes it even sadder that I'm currently doing VLSI design. ("I'll put a substrate contact here! Oh, wait, that's not even inside the n-well.")]

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:38 pm

TMNT :o
insert code compile execute return

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:05 pm

I'd like to add that the new extra stage siren is totally great. Ten seconds of WOO WOO WOO WOO WOO over and over really draws the attention of random people. I'd like everyone in the arcade to know that I can AA a heavy song on the final stage.

Quickening is also looking playable again. This was a good patch, but lor knows some of these songs need work. I can't imagine why it is so difficult to make sure the songs are on beat.

Intermezzo
Standard
Standard

Post by Intermezzo » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:36 pm

I'd like to hear if Rainbow Rainbow and Seduction Vocal Mix were fixed. I got about 120 Greats on each of those.

Good to hear Quickening is fixed. I didn't think 60 Greats was my usual score.

Secef
Standard
Standard

Post by Secef » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:15 pm

The Supernova cab at GxS is having problems again. =(

I thought the left speaker thing got fixed finally after Daniel reinstalled the update, but evidently not. It quit on me 2 songs into my first game, and all I heard was a little bit of DDR through the right and, coincidentally, a whole lot of Pump's music blaring over it... like usual. So I left after two games.

Daniel did apparently call the guys to come fix it this time though. So here's hoping that works out well... and that maybe he moves the PIU machine so that its attract/demo songs aren't being blasted into the ears of people playing DDR. Not that I don't like Pump's music, but I really shouldn't be able to hear "UP, UP HATCHET THROW! UP, UP KEY MASH OH!" or "I LOOOOOVE YOU BAAAAAYBAAAAAY!" crystal clear over DDR's speakers blasting loud music a foot away from my head, y'know? Kind of distracting, especially on soft songs or songs where the bass drops out (The Shining Polaris, Un Deux Trois, etc).

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:33 pm

Yeah, for real. I seriously can't hear Rainbow Flyer at all whenever I play it, it's like playing with mute on.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:07 pm

The Supernova Machine is fixed now...Ho and Brandon came down Friday to check it out and it was the audio cable, just a typical red and white RCA cable, it was a REALLY cheap cable that apparently had a short in it. We got a new one from radioshack, put it in, all seems to be great with it now.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:08 pm

You had to go all the way to radio shack?

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:10 pm

yeah I know....we went REALLY far to get the cable....

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:09 pm

Ok, so this is really random...and late news, but I keep forgetting to post it, and I forgot to tell all the Bloomington people at the tournament, so word up bitches:

The mechanic guy for the Back Alley, where I work, said that he recently ordered a new thumb-drive slot thingie for the ITG2 machine, and I honestly don't know when it will be here or when the machine will actually get fixed, but SUPPOSEDLY a new thumb drive thingy is in store, so the Bloomington peoplez can take screen shots and cool shit like that.

OKAI?! OKAI!!!

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:29 pm

Does that mean we get the latest patch?

Secef
Standard
Standard

Post by Secef » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:34 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:Does that mean we get the latest patch?
Well, I think when we get working USB ports, we can download and install the patch ourselves. However, r21's main feature, the new thumbdrive song thing, is turned off by default, so Katy or someone else will have to tell the operator guy to turn on that feature at a later date.

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:47 pm

I will twy

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:45 am

r21s only apply to dedicabs I think. The best we could get is like R8 or something like that, at least it's better than nothing = /

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:18 pm

What is so exclusive about it?