Bloomington has DDR Supernova!!!!!

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:53 pm

Oh and by the way, if Intermezzo and The X are going to Great X on Sunday, count me in. What time biyatches?

ShammerS
Standard
Standard

Post by ShammerS » Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:05 pm

blackcat24 wrote: Yeah, if there were a problem with it, I could bring it up to my manager, but it really isn't his responsibility over the machine. our game vendor dude is the one that comes in to fix the machines like once a week.
You're manager does not have responibility over the machine? If the condition of the machine and its problems (all of which are fixable without any extreme internal know-how) has a direct relation of the money it generates (which, in my case, will BE something if it gets touched up!) then I'd say he should be more involved.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining to you; but I do think that the manager's role in machine maintenance is larger than you make it out to be.

I understand that you were the one making suggestions in the past to the vendor maintanence guy, but I think having the arcade manager aware of the ease of the fixes for most of the flaws could not be a bad thing.

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:36 pm

Well...our manager is in charge of the bowling alley and the pool area, I wasn't lying when I said it really isn't his responsibility over the arcade machines. We have a crappy vendor that favors Purdue over us. Dont' get me wrong, I have nothing against Purdue, but the vendor really gives us bad machines that break down all the time.

Plus, my manager isn't really the smartest of guys. He wouldn't know how to fix a machine if it broke down. Maybe the bowling alley, but not arcade games.

Intermezzo
Standard
Standard

Post by Intermezzo » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:11 pm

I should be there by 1:00 or so, and I'll be staying all day.

I still don't know what my first song set will be. Supernova's song list is so beautiful. :cry:

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:00 pm

Coolness...Mike and I might drop by....it's still set for Sunday, right?

Intermezzo
Standard
Standard

Post by Intermezzo » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:17 pm

Yep, I'm definately going Sunday.

The X
Standard
Standard

Post by The X » Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:57 am

Haha.

My plan list has just been changed.....AGAIN! Apparently, it seems I AM free!

I will be there. It'll probably be a bit late...like.....1 or 2.

Edit: Nvmnd. Gotta cancel again..... something's come up....srry
This post is brought to you by BET...Because it's never too late to desecrate an ethnicity.

BigBadOrc
Standard
Standard

ITG2 !!

Post by BigBadOrc » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:10 pm

Agree that the ITG2 machine is a little nonresponsive if you don't hit it hard enough - making it nearly impossible to play songs with hands. However I don't really like songs with hands anyway so that's fine with me.

Ha... I was reading http://inthegroove.com/page/Applying_a_Machine_Update and I realized the card reader does not work. asdf!!! So first priority should be getting the card reader fixed, then "Revision 16" can be applied.

I didn't really notice anything being offsync, but that's prolly because my rhythm isn't as good as Merk's. >_<

Anyway, I still love the machine and will play it alot :D

-Mike

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:26 pm

Mike,

Aren't you the same Mike as Stoned Orc? Also the same Mike as in "Mike and Katy"?

Why the duplicate account?

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:30 pm

Ho wrote:Also the same Mike as in "Mike and Katy"?
It is him. No idea why he wanted a new one....didn't even know he had an old one actually.

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:37 pm

Well, he got another account because he didn't want to use the old one. And I dunno, the whole "Stoned" part sounded really weird since Mike doesn't do any drugs....

Mike doesn't even post that much, he doesn't like to post. I think he just wanted to say something about the machine.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:01 pm

So, is it even possible for us to touch the machine and get that mofo fixed up? From what I hear the Union doesn't even have the keys to open the machine.

BigBadOrc
Standard
Standard

Post by BigBadOrc » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:12 pm

Ho wrote:Mike,

Aren't you the same Mike as Stoned Orc? Also the same Mike as in "Mike and Katy"?

Yeah that's me. I don't know, just got tired of the old name. You probably could have changed my name though right? Not that i really care about being on beginner again...

It's true the union people don't have the keys. The guy that does comes on thursdays (I think). Hopefully we'll be able to find out and talk to him. Anyone know how much it would cost to install a new card reader?

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:41 pm

Word up on the ITG2 machine:

Talked to the guy that comes in once a week to maintain the arcade games. I told him about the USB thing, and they said they would try to fix it. I'm not sure when, so don't hold me to that, but he said that they might replace it with another one, or just try to hire some guys to fix the USB port thing. So hooray hooray for that.

Secondly, there is no time limit anymore. I got him to turn off the time limit, so therefore you can take as long as you want to pick songs and submit your name.

Third, I mentioned about the sensitivity of the buttons when you try to select mods and type in your name at the end. He said he would try to do something about that too.

The mechanic guy loves me so he gave me two free games. He does that for me all the time and makes me happy :-D

I haven't mentioned the fan thing yet, but since I'm at the Union right now, I will mention it to him. DONT LOSE HOPE YET! The ITG2 machine should be up and running soon. I will make sure to keep everyone updated.

HAHA, one last thing to add, I almost talked the guy into setting it to Joint Premium, and I was hoping he wouldn't ask me what it was, but he did, and I couldn't think of a good enough lie (I'm bad with on the spot things, if I had time to think of a lie, I would've), and he didn't buy it. So, I apologize for my bad lying skills. Maybe I'll ask him to put it on Joint Premium again and hope that he has forgotten....hahaha.

Edit: Just talked to my manager about the fan thing, he cracked up the AC thing right next to the machine, so you can come in and check it out, and see how that works for you. If the heat is still a problem, then I will ask my manager to put one of the fans there. But, I don't think he will move it unless it's a last resort thing, soooo yeah.
Last edited by blackcat on Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:42 pm

BigBadOrc wrote:
Ho wrote:Mike,

Yeah that's me. I don't know, just got tired of the old name. You probably could have changed my name though right? Not that i really care about being on beginner again...

It's true the union people don't have the keys. The guy that does comes on thursdays (I think). Hopefully we'll be able to find out and talk to him. Anyone know how much it would cost to install a new card reader?
You are a n00b. ^__^