Bloomington has DDR Supernova!!!!!

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:53 am

Fluffyumpkins wrote:If they really drop the price to 50 cents on move in week, I'm moving in.
Last time I went into the office I saw those printed out ready to be slapped onto the cabinets...so I believe they are still doing it.

V
Standard
Standard

Post by V » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:14 am

He's doing everything 2 tokens the first week(end) of September, but from what I know SuperNOVA will not be included in this deal.

I am insanely freaking jealous that all of you have now played it, not to mention hung out already...I wait all freaking summer for you to come back and now I'm not there.

Arg :(

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:45 am

V wrote:He's doing everything 2 tokens the first week(end) of September, but from what I know SuperNOVA will not be included in this deal.

I am insanely freaking jealous that all of you have now played it, not to mention hung out already...I wait all freaking summer for you to come back and now I'm not there.

Its ok V we notice that you aren't there (insert a stupid joke about you being loud) j/k. Don't worry about it V...I guarentee that you will have ALOT of chances when you get back to hang out there and play DDR with peeps. And if no one else is there for you to play with...I will play some DDR with you, afterall, I practically lived there last school year. ^_^ AND you will be back when DDR-a-thon takes place so there will be your chance to hang out with alot of people.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:17 pm

Holy shit V posted! I don't think she's posted since I joined this...

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:35 pm

V you come back tomorrow don't worry you can see the new place then and Supernova is just OKAYYYYYYYYYY. Tell your boss to patch it and get memory card slots when they're available

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:40 am

V wrote:He's doing everything 2 tokens the first week(end) of September, but from what I know SuperNOVA will not be included in this deal.

I love you V!!! Plz play with me!!!! ^__^

Merk

Post by Merk » Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:14 am

we now have ITG2 in the union, it looks like a whole new cabinet since the screen is no longer fucked up. I didn't get to play on it so I don't know how the pads are. From the high scores it seems like it definitely was the Purdue machine. Purdue guys, how was the machine before you got Supernove? Good? Let's hope so.

Secef
Standard
Standard

Post by Secef » Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:31 pm

Merk wrote:we now have ITG2 in the union, it looks like a whole new cabinet since the screen is no longer fucked up. I didn't get to play on it so I don't know how the pads are. From the high scores it seems like it definitely was the Purdue machine. Purdue guys, how was the machine before you got Supernove? Good? Let's hope so.
Yeah... the ITG2 machine in the Union is dead to me now.

#1) The USB ports don't work. BOOOO! REALLY BIG FREAKIN' BOOOO! The one thing I really love about ITG is the ability to save my scores and play edits. None of that happening here. Not that it matters though, because even if they did...

#2) The pads are not responsive at all. Both sides about equally terrible. They have decent bounce for an old DDR stage, but they don't register well. I don't know how many broken freezes and pad misses I got in a mere 6 song set. For example, I played Queen of Light. Its expert chart is one of my favorites in ITG and I could 80%-90% it with little issue on a dedicab or at home. On this... thing... I ended up with something like 64% I think. Not to mention my hands hurt like hell afterwards. It's not like the ol' dedicab where you can almost just tap the arrow with your fingers to get it to register.

#3) The volume is pretty low. This normally wouldn't bug me too much since it IS audible and all, but it just adds to the "boooooo ITG2 machine! BOOOOO!" feeling I have right now.

#4) The selection buttons are touchy. Really damn touchy. I skimmed the green button in the song list and chose Energizer on accident. Furthermore, in the options menu, I had to very lightly and gently tap the button to get it to go down just one row. Anything else and it would skip anywhere from 3 to 6 rows down.

#5) It's hot in the IMU. Once again, something that doesn't bug me when it's the only thing, but lumped in with these other factors, I'm more inclined to say "Mr. ITG2 machine can't have my moneys."

I hate to bring down this machine so much, but I've been really looking forward to it since I first heard of its upcoming arrival. I like ITG2, and I like the idea of having one closer than Indianapolis, but not like this. This was like wishing for a new puppy for Christmas when you're a kid, having your parents tell you that it might just happen if you're a good little boy, running down the stairs excited that glorious morning, tearing open the only box that's moving around and woofing, and then instead of being greeted by a cute new puppy, you get slapped in the face with a trout by an annoying midget clown hiding inside, screaming at you "BETTER LUCK NEXT YEAR, DUCKFUCKER! HEEHEEHUH HOHO!" as you cry and your parents laugh at your crushed dreams.

So yeah, in summary, I'm disappointed.

ShammerS
Standard
Standard

Post by ShammerS » Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:01 pm

Secef wrote: you get slapped in the face with a trout by an annoying midget clown hiding inside, screaming at you "BETTER LUCK NEXT YEAR, DUCKFUCKER! HEEHEEHUH HOHO!"
....LOL!

I'm sorry to hear of the machine's poor quality; the union is a short walk from my dorm.

...although, frankly, I think Supernova rocks socks and that's enough for me. I was looking forward to this machine, though.

Hopefully we can suggest ways of improving at least a handful of the things that you've mentioned, as none of them are completely irrepairable..

Secef
Standard
Standard

Post by Secef » Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:22 pm

ShammerS wrote:Hopefully we can suggest ways of improving at least a handful of the things that you've mentioned, as none of them are completely irrepairable..
Yeah, some of them could be fixed up a bit. The temperature varies depending on the season, and the volume could be fixed no problem. However, getting the machine techs to do any real work on them is probably going to be a bit of a hassle. In the past it was hard to get them to simply input the unlock codes for Extreme, let alone maintain the pads or do something as involved as cracking open the machine or fixing a USB hub.

Maybe since Katy works there some suggestions for repairs could get passed along quicker (in the past, nearly all the bowling alley employees hated the DDR machine), but my hopes aren't too high for good solid fixes.

Merk

Post by Merk » Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:35 pm

I checked and the machine is running R2 (Revision 2). As a point of reference, the highest revision out there is I think 11 or 12. The machine at Putt-Putt was a R11 machine. And what exactly does that mean? The synching is off, way off on some songs. I got like a 92 on Tribal Style when I'm normally in the 97-98 range.

Hopefully Katy will let us fiddle around and make the machine not suck. IT ALL DEPENDS ON YOU.

But in any case, $0.50 Pump this week.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:56 pm

blackcat24 wrote:

I love you V!!! Plz play with me!!!! ^__^
DUDE DATS WAT I SED KEKEKEKELEZ

Intermezzo
Standard
Standard

Post by Intermezzo » Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:53 pm

zomg I just saw on DDRFreak that X Scape has Supernova. :o

I'll be down there this Sunday, if anyone cares.

The X
Standard
Standard

Post by The X » Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:16 pm

Ah, fo sho. Hit me up fo one of dems, yo.

Translation: I'll be there too. :D

Edit: Damn. Something else to do that day. nvmnd.
This post is brought to you by BET...Because it's never too late to desecrate an ethnicity.

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:50 pm

Ok, my $0.02 on the ITG machine...

It IS a disappointment that the USB thingies don't work, but that doesn't matter too much to me, cuz I have a camera that I can always take pictures of if need be. But, I like the machine simply because it's ITG2, and Bloomington finally has one. Yes, it could be in better condition, but I've played on it, and I personally like it.

Yeah, if there were a problem with it, I could bring it up to my manager, but it really isn't his responsibility over the machine. our game vendor dude is the one that comes in to fix the machines like once a week. Usually he was the one I talked to about DDR machine problems when the DDR machine was still there.

As for it being hot, there are fans, but none near the ITG machine, and that is something that I MIGHT be able to talk to my boss about.

I dunno, I like it and dislike the machine in certain ways, but I like to be optimistic about it and say that BLOOMINGTON FINALLY HAS IT! *shrug*