DEDICAB IS HERE!!!

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Mon May 29, 2006 8:05 pm

I played on a IIDX machinein Japan with a Plasma modded onto it to replace the (no doubt dead) monitor. It was pretty awful. I was good attacking the crap out it (even erring on the side of getting a bad instead of a great) until I just gave up and put it on Hidden. All the regulars seemed used to it, though.

I can vouch that you will get used to whatever timing you play on most often. I played on an LCD monitor at school. While it doesn't have much lag (a couple frames, just enough for the deinterlacer and scaler), it's noticable on IIDX to the point where I good attack fairly badly for the first few games on a CRT or stock machine monitor. After a few games, I'm fine (there's a funny little story about that from when Ho and I visited Chicago, actually).

Plasmas seem to be the worst on the average, followed by DLPs, LCD non-native resolution, CRT non-native resolution (being scaled), LCD native, and then a CRT running in a native mode (no scaling) being the best. IIDX runs at 640x480 progressive, so an "EDTV" CRT would work best.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

pimpmachine
Standard
Standard

Post by pimpmachine » Mon May 29, 2006 9:30 pm

i dont know what kind of monitor it was... after a few games i was fine and was getting a fair amount of JGs and was AAing most songs and even almost got my first AC AAA. and i passed the HELL course on Another... with easy though. only cuz of Holic though. thats a toughy.
Total DP:
164 646 / 166 832 (2 236)
http://ddrecall.com/user.php?mode=viewprofile&user=1277

Image Image Image

Dyme
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Dyme » Wed May 31, 2006 10:20 pm

screw all u fort ppl!!! lol jk. but seriously, when the fuck is valpo gonna get ITG??!!
Team KIMO represent!

UnLiMiTeDmAxX
Standard
Standard

Post by UnLiMiTeDmAxX » Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:30 am

Lil Dyme wrote:screw all u fort ppl!!! lol jk. but seriously, when the fuck is valpo gonna get ITG??!!
Hey man, it's not even that great. Our coin mech is a piece of shit. It either takes the token or spits it back out, if you're lucky. A few days ago it took 20 tokens in a row. NO LIE.

The left pad's right arrow came with a crack under the plexi glass. The right pad's right arrow feels like it's loose or something is breaking inside. We even had to put a no stomping sign on it for Zach (SDP) and Brian cuz they stomp like crazy.

So for being $10,000 it didnt come perfect.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Erica6924
Standard
Standard

Post by Erica6924 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:25 am

UnLiMiTeDmAxX wrote:
Lil Dyme wrote:screw all u fort ppl!!! lol jk. but seriously, when the fuck is valpo gonna get ITG??!!
Hey man, it's not even that great. Our coin mech is a piece of shit. It either takes the token or spits it back out, if you're lucky. A few days ago it took 20 tokens in a row. NO LIE.

The left pad's right arrow came with a crack under the plexi glass. The right pad's right arrow feels like it's loose or something is breaking inside. We even had to put a no stomping sign on it for Zach (SDP) and Brian cuz they stomp like crazy.

So for being $10,000 it didnt come perfect.
as far as I knew it was a scratch not a crack
~*Erica*~

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:46 pm

Ya it is a scratch. But the token thing is really a problem. For you, it wouldn't be, cuz your GIRLFRIEND WORKS THERE [/unfair]. But yeah, I probably lost ~15 tokens yesterday.

-Dan

P.S. SCHOOLZ OUT SUMMER BREAK BITCHES!

UnLiMiTeDmAxX
Standard
Standard

Post by UnLiMiTeDmAxX » Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:24 pm

dance1005 wrote:Ya it is a scratch. But the token thing is really a problem. For you, it wouldn't be, cuz your GIRLFRIEND WORKS THERE [/unfair]. But yeah, I probably lost ~15 tokens yesterday.

-Dan

P.S. SCHOOLZ OUT SUMMER BREAK BITCHES!
...and you have to watch that too because as far as i know, PP is only allowed to give back 4 tokens.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Dyme
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Dyme » Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:57 pm

damn that is pretty shady. maybe i'll come out for the summer? its quite possible.
Team KIMO represent!

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:23 pm

Lil Dyme wrote:damn that is pretty shady. maybe i'll come out for the summer? its quite possible.
It's still uber responsive, and I haven't had coin troubles since the first day.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:32 pm

is it still 3 tokens per play?
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.

Bionix
Standard
Standard

Post by Bionix » Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:45 pm

UnLiMiTeDmAxX wrote:
dance1005 wrote: ...and you have to watch that too because as far as i know, PP is only allowed to give back 4 tokens.
the reason they do that is because they have had to many people come up to them and say "I put 20 tokens in this game and it didnt work", gie them the tokens, look at the game and it works with out any problems coin mech and all (the regulars might reconise the kid named Jonah, he tried to do that a lot). So that one you can blame on the people who try to scam bussinesses for that.
Warning incoming game!

Erica6924
Standard
Standard

Post by Erica6924 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:00 am

Green Tea wrote:is it still 3 tokens per play?
New games are always 4 tokens.
ITG2 = 4
Pump = 4
DDR = 3
~*Erica*~

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:10 am

You guys need to lower DDR to 2 tokens, because TnT has a WAY better machine, and theirs is 2.

-Dan

P.S. Either that, or get better sensors.

UnLiMiTeDmAxX
Standard
Standard

Post by UnLiMiTeDmAxX » Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:35 am

dance1005 wrote:You guys need to lower DDR to 2 tokens, because TnT has a WAY better machine, and theirs is 2.

-Dan

P.S. Either that, or get better sensors.
It'll never be 2 tokens because of the amount of tokens you get for $5
ImageImage
ImageImage

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:49 am

I didn't have any problem with the ITG taking coins but I did have a problem with the DDR machine taking them (maybe it just doesn't show the #/3 that you need to put it or whatever)

And the Sanyo they got hooked up to IIDX is really blurry and laggy. Sucks. They might as well just get a PS2 and hook up the home version to it lol