Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

O 16581 72452 5
Standard
Standard

ITG hits Terre Haute today!

Post by O 16581 72452 5 » Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:16 am

Yo,

Should be at Time Out now, i'll confirm when i come home tonight.

O 16581 72452 5
Standard
Standard

Post by O 16581 72452 5 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:55 pm

Yo,

It was finally set-up today, but it's a junk machine. After a few games, the pads no longer work, the selection buttons stick and sometimes don't work. It appears to be one of the machines that Namco was ripped off on with DDR, you know, the ones that were poorly built with a PS2 inside.

Brandon, if you read this, check out the inside of the pads next time you're in, i did, it's wood inside.

Dyme
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Dyme » Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:07 am

nooooooo not another one of these!!!!!
Team KIMO represent!

O 16581 72452 5
Standard
Standard

Post by O 16581 72452 5 » Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:35 pm

Yo,

The machine isn't as jank as i thought. The pads were working perfectly today and they're very sensitive, i was able to register hand plants by bearly hitting the arrows with my hands. One of the wires must've came loose because the stage wasn't yet bolted together and they were seperate pieces causing them to separate, must've just disconnected something.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:13 pm

Well, the stage did look brand new, so it should at least work for a little while. I don't know if this is the same stages as were used on the jank Extreme US machines or not. It is clearly not a DDR stage or anything of that nature. I'm still trying to figure out what the cabinet itself is. I think it may be an old Pump SD cabinet.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:03 pm

In other news, DDR has left Terre Haute, at least Time Out. I'm not sure if the Laser Tag place still has their machine or not. All we have now is the extremely jankified ITG2 machine. I mean seriously jank, this thing makes the IIDX machine at Putt-Putt Ft. Wayne look pristene...at least that thing works most of the time!

Supposedly Greenwood ended up with the Terre Haute machine. I'm not sure exactly why (they already had a DDR machine). Wherever it is, it's easily recognized by its replacement front glass with no decals and modded in fans on each side. RIP.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Arka
Standard
Standard

Fate of DDR-TH

Post by Arka » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:40 pm

Greenwood does not appear to have the Terre Haute machine; I stopped by Time Out in the Greenwood Mall on my way back from the area today, and all they had was an ITG2 stage which resembles the one in Terre Haute now (i.e., nonfunctional left arrows). The attendant told me the only new equipment they'd gotten in the past month or two was a pair of shooting games and some other random thing which I cannot now remember but which was definitely not DDR.

Anyone know the number of the Evil Megacorp (t.m.) which decided where to send the DDR machine? Or maybe the street address? (The world needs more frivolous roadtrips.)

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:13 am

Awww, our IIDX is jank?
I wouldn't know. I don't play hard enough stuff to be able to tell. XD

But, you know... At least we HAVE a Beatmania machine... n_n The great majority of arcades in Indiana can't boast such a thing.
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:21 pm

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution wrote:Awww, our IIDX is jank?

But, you know... At least we HAVE a Beatmania machine... n_n The great majority of arcades in Indiana can't boast such a thing.
"In Indiana"? Heck, the great majority of arcades in the U.S. can't boast such a thing. Anecdotally, they're less common than GuitarFreaks, DrumMania, Para Para Paradise and even Pop'N Music.

And this, combined with the high availability of videos wherein people make IIDX look really fun, makes me a sad Clueless Bemani Newb. :?

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:45 pm

Arka wrote:
Mosh_Mosh_Revolution wrote:Awww, our IIDX is jank?

"In Indiana"? Heck, the great majority of arcades in the U.S. can't boast such a thing. Anecdotally, they're less common than GuitarFreaks, DrumMania, Para Para Paradise and even Pop'N Music.

And this, combined with the high availability of videos wherein people make IIDX look really fun, makes me a sad Clueless Bemani Newb. :?
You should take a trip up to the Fort. I don't know where a Pop'N is (if there is one in Indiana [never checked]), but there's a DrumMania and Para Para Paradise at Westside in Indy, and then if you come to the Fort, we've got DDR 5th Mix, DDR Extreme, several ITG2 machines, Guitar Freaks, and IIDX. And Keyboardmania might still be over at TNT, too. (I haven't been over there since they got it).

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:19 pm

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution wrote:
<reply tower toppled>

You should take a trip up to the Fort. I don't know where a Pop'N is (if there is one in Indiana [never checked]), but there's a DrumMania and Para Para Paradise at Westside in Indy, and then if you come to the Fort, we've got DDR 5th Mix, DDR Extreme, several ITG2 machines, Guitar Freaks, and IIDX. And Keyboardmania might still be over at TNT, too. (I haven't been over there since they got it).
Niiiiice.

I also have no idea where there's a Pop'N Music in Indiana; the only one I've played on was out in Washington (the state). (The place is Illusionz, in Issaquah, and I highly recommend it if any of you guys ever find yourselves visiting WA. Not only do they have a *good* GF machine and the aforementioned Pop'N, they also have DM, PPP and approximately six thousand versions of DDR, including one which I swear was called Disney's Rave and was hidden over next to the concessions area.)

I've heard of Westside, and in fact tried to go there at the end of December, but the person who mentioned it neglected to inform me that it was CLOSED until March. (You know who you are. I owe you one. :lol: ) I'll have to try a Ft. Wayne run at the end of February... it can't go any worse, right?

How would I go about finding out where all the good Bemani spots in the city are? I know that some of the stuff you mentioned is at Putt-Putt, but I don't know what or where any of the other locations are. (TNT? Huh? Whozzat?)

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:32 pm

FYI on Westside...

They're closing the gameroom to do something different for next season. I don't know what the different is, but it will not involve video games. Therefore, DDR has already sold and PPP and DM are currently for sale (unless they've sold since I heard last week).

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:35 pm

Ho wrote:FYI on Westside...

They're closing the gameroom to do something different for next season. I don't know what the different is, but it will not involve video games. Therefore, DDR has already sold and PPP and DM are currently for sale (unless they've sold since I heard last week).
Ouch. Even better.

On second thought, maybe I shouldn't make that Ft. Wayne trip; I'd jinx all their good arcades. :shock:

(And: thanks for the info, not to mention for saving me another ultimately fruitless 4-hour trip.)

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:56 am

i seem to vaguely remember saying to not get the iidx machine because all they do is break :oops:
insert code compile execute return

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:49 am

sam wrote:i seem to vaguely remember saying to not get the iidx machine because all they do is break :oops:
IIDX hasn't broken much lately, as far as I know. n_x I mean...I'm there a lot. I don't play it every time, and I'm not good like Riot, so I don't know hot responsive the buttons are on difficult playing levels, but I've never had a problem with it.

And it's on a projection screen. n_n Kinda janky, but hell. Better than nothing.

And for Arka, all of the mentioned machines are all in a less than one mile (or pretty damn close) radius of each other. =D