Brand New Pump It Up Exceed 2 machine in Bloomington

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:03 pm

I've never noticed it, but I bet most of the time it doesn't register and I don't even notice because I just automatically assume that because I suck I'm not hitting the arrow or getting tripped up still.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:06 pm

Playing more and more... the left pad is showing obvious signs of sticking. I feel bad for the arcade owner since he's really trying to make it function, but damn if I'd like to play doubles without failing.

Also what are some good songs with fun, but not excessively hard, 16th not runs?

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:50 pm

Valenti (K-Pop channel, purple song banner) is the Indianapolis whored song that has lots of relatively easy 16th runs. It is currently 16th on the machine according to the stats (guess what's number one...).

I'd seriously see if you can get the owner (or someone) to just slap it in test mode when a panel is sticking. See which sensor it is (sometimes you can tell just by playing around with the arrow after opening it) and either remove and reseat that sensor or just disconnect it for the time being. As far as I know, the X-Site machine still has two disconnected sensors for just this reason and I sure don't seem to notice.

If you're still concerned about failing, you could turn off stage break (which will disable the autofail), though I feel it adds another fun dimension to the game. That's in the game options menu.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Post by malictus » Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:06 am

Fluffyumpkins wrote:Playing more and more... the left pad is showing obvious signs of sticking. I feel bad for the arcade owner since he's really trying to make it function, but damn if I'd like to play doubles without failing.
It's really annoying, isn't it :cry:
I did have moderate success tonight; I only had a handful of pad misses over my entire session, all on the left side...

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:55 pm

I went there today, didn't even notice it the last 3 times I've been in the mall (oops)

the guy seems cool but he only wants new well supported games which is going to burn him in the end sadly...you need to know how to fix your own machines in this business or you're fucked in repair costs.
insert code compile execute return