Anyone in Kokomo?

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

shadow20
Beginner
Beginner

Anyone in Kokomo?

Post by shadow20 » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:56 am

Does anyone go to The Fun Is in Kokomo? Because thats the only place that I go to DDR. Except my living room :D .
FORIAMSPAM!

yamcha61
Standard
Standard

Post by yamcha61 » Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:50 am

If you want to set something up I could get a bunch of people and head up there.
What happens when you get scared half to death twice?

liln
Standard
Standard

Post by liln » Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:08 pm

Yeah... I was up there like sunday i think its not bad i guess but that right pad likes to brake a lot of freeze arrows. Well I guess i kinda liked going up there a little nice place

XeroCi
Standard
Standard

Post by XeroCi » Thu May 05, 2005 3:13 pm

Dont go.. the machine is gone.. its crap anyway.. we might get an ITG machine though

- XeroCi
Owner/Operator/Leader of DDRKokomo. Assistant Leader of DDRKokomo: Arrow Stompers.

XeroCi
Standard
Standard

Post by XeroCi » Sat May 28, 2005 10:12 pm

update on the Kokomo machine...
we get the Extreme (dammit...) machine back in september.
We will be buying it this time, so it will stay. Assuming the crapass arcade doesn't go out of business before then.
Owner/Operator/Leader of DDRKokomo. Assistant Leader of DDRKokomo: Arrow Stompers.

Elvie
Light
Light

Post by Elvie » Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:01 pm

Umm, the Raceway (by Arby's and all that) Has a playable DDR Extream Machine. 3 tokens for 1P, 6 for doubles and challenge.

It's getting kinda annoying hearing people complain that there isn't a machine in Kokomo, so PAY ATTENTION.

Oi.

XeroCi
Standard
Standard

Post by XeroCi » Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:21 am

6 for doubles and versus, actually.
Challenge is the usual Price for Singles or Doubles because its just an advanced mode like Nonstop.

But yeah. The raceway finally has a machine.

ddrkokomo.cjb.net has the rundown on it, but i'll just say the stats here.

The Left pad has an up arrow glitch occassionally, other than that, the pad is in good condition. The right pad has a left arrow thats slightly hard to activate and can be annoying at times. The left side's bad pad is tore up and can be sticky at times, but the right one is in excellent condition. The lower left portion of the screen needs to be degaussed, but the workers can't clean the pads or open the machine menu, for employment reasons. Drinks are available for $1.25, they usually have cups for water. DDR is the loudest machine in the arcade, so volume isn't a problem. The arcade is usually pretty desolate during the day, so crowding isn't a problem. $5 = 25 tokens, $10 = 60, unless there is a sale (like right now) it's $10 = 80. Ten dollars on a sale generally lasts me 8 to 9 hours.

Just go to DDRK to get the hours and location if you care, I don't feel like going there to get it.

liln
Standard
Standard

Post by liln » Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:58 pm

its the same machine that used to be at anderson putt putt before we got itg2 if u guys didnt know

XeroCi
Standard
Standard

Post by XeroCi » Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:22 pm

lol I know. I like DDR better than ITG.. or ITG2. I have reasons, and its not because its a "DDR knockoff" or anything. I'm not a fanboy. It's just, I like the music better in DDR and I feel the steps are more choreographed and fun on DDR. Thats me though.

Omg.. LilN, your Name is all over the High score list lol. I was like.. "Who the hell is liln." and now I know.

liln
Standard
Standard

Post by liln » Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:56 pm

yeah u should be able to beat them i havent tried to beat my old scores in like 6 months. I talked a couple guys from anderson that fix the machines into looking at that machine and cleaning it. That machine was like brand new when we had it.

XeroCi
Standard
Standard

Post by XeroCi » Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:44 pm

I had trouble determining if your comment on our forums was an insult or a complement. So yeah.

And apparently, ddrkokomo's main page is banned from AOL. I think the other DDR team in kokomo got pissed and got us banned. Not that anyone besides 2 members use AOL anyway.

Your scores are still undefeated. It shows one of two things:

1.) No one tried to beat them (me. Probably couldn't anyway)
2.) The city of Kokomo isn't as good as Anderson at DDR. (probably true)

The machine is still in good condition, I suppose, right pad messes up sometimes, but its definatly not in "brand new" condition.