Pump Exceed

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

O 16581 72452 5
Standard
Standard

Post by O 16581 72452 5 » Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:21 am

Yo,

I will start visiting Bloomington again!

I'll have to follow you an upcoming weekend to the venue, Chad. Most likely the weekend of the 25th.

Hopefully PIU starts getting popular, i was able to play it a few times while i was in KY, i love it!

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Post by malictus » Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:25 am

I have a feeling that I'm going to be playing a lot of this game --- playing it is like DDR USED to be: there's so much room for improvement! (Not that I'm that great at DDR, but I just reached a plateau long, long ago...)

Does anyone know where a decent song list is available online, with listings of which songs are available in which modes and what the difficulty ratings are? If I can't find one, I'll just make one myself I guess...

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:52 am

The Pump it Up Exceed song listing can be found at the official site. That doesn't include the ratings, but it does include song name, artist, BPM, and screen shots.

xK1
Standard
Standard

Post by xK1 » Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:36 pm

Actually, I probably won't be able to go tonight, or if I do it will be very brief. I got WAY too much crap that needs to be done in the next couple days.

BeatmaniacIIDX
Standard
Standard

Post by BeatmaniacIIDX » Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:12 pm

Speed mod code: On music selection Down Left,Down Right, Down Left, Down Right, Center.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:38 am

Well the get together that was had this evening was rather entertaining. In fact, here's a highlight from tonight's events!

http://portfolio.iu.edu/mmerkler/ChadPump.AVI

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:06 am

Hey, that looks like you guys sure are having lots of fun!

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:31 pm

I'm violent happy =D

dancing queen iu
Standard
Standard

Post by dancing queen iu » Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:02 pm

The funniest part for me is the echo the basketball game makes, and the wary look on my face as I just glare at Chad.

And then right after that I proceeded to laugh at his ass. Roffle.

God, that video is wonderful.
I'm IndyDDR's Favourite #1 Bitch

UnLiMiTeDmAxX
Standard
Standard

Post by UnLiMiTeDmAxX » Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:34 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:Props to Shannon who knew about this but never said anything.
Yea my bad...I thought everyone already knew so I didnt say anything.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:33 pm

I've played 3 piu mixes, premiere, prex2 and exceed. Exceed is by far my favorite. Songwise, it is uber good.

Can't wait to try it out.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Secef
Standard
Standard

Post by Secef » Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:09 pm

I just got back from playing PIU:Exceed in an attempt to work off some stress, and I discovered some pretty damn cool steps on some of the otherwise more lame songs (AKA most non-Banya songs). The cover of Kiss Me under the Pop category in particular. I was goofing around and trying some of the easier Crazy songs (8's and 9's), and Kiss Me is all kinds of ridiculous fun on Crazy. It's only about 126 or 128 BPM, but it plays a whole lot like Drop Out Oni on DDR, and let me tell you... if you can do the streams fairly clean without double-stepping, that is a DAMN fun song to play.

Next time someone pretty good goes to play, I recommend playing Kiss Me and just playing some of the easier Crazy songs in general. They're pretty fun and not overwhelmingly hard as the difficulty number might lead you to believe. Like Dignity Hard is an 8, but so is Don't Bother Me Crazy under K-Pop, and it's nowhere close to being as hard as Dignity. PIU has a weird difficulty system.

dancing queen iu
Standard
Standard

Post by dancing queen iu » Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:20 am

omg but there's one siesta song me and chad played last night...it's under pop I think...it says it's a 5 on hard but that shit was trifling
I'm IndyDDR's Favourite #1 Bitch

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:55 am

I got a chance to go play on this machine last night. It was quite fun! It only makes me wish even more that there was a Pump machine in Indianapolis...that didn't suck.

This is the newest version of Pump I've played. I'm glad to see it's all I liked before and more. I like the cabinet with its nice big monitor and hi-res graphics.

The stage seems good and responsive. Most of my missed steps were a result of me stepping on the metal parts...where DDR arrows would normally be. ;) Old habits are hard to break. But, as with my previous Pump experiences, I really enjoyed some of the step patterns offered by the arrangement of the panels. I'm not sure how much of it is just because it's something different from DDR, but I found some really fun and dynamic step patterns for which DDR has no real equal that I can think of.

I'm not a huge fan of selecting everything with my feet. I miss the select and start buttons for that job. Navigating menus with my feet just feels kinda clumsy.

I also like the variety of music. Although I think a lot of that is simply becuase it's not the same 200 or so songs I've been playing on Extreme for the past two years. But there seem to be a lot of songs based on classical music that I really enjoyed.

All-in-all, I'm really glad I went and hope I can return sometime soon.

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Post by malictus » Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:59 am

Glad you enjoyed it Brian. Off-topic, but... did you happen to get the 4th mix machine working again at Lazerlite? If so, Bloomington will be forever in your debt :D