New ITG2 (dedicated cabinet) in Fishers/Noblesville

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Re: New ITG2 (dedicated cabinet) in Fishers/Noblesville

Post by DAVE101 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:28 pm

I'm planning on going tonight around 6 pm eastern standard daylight savings time.

PHAWL
Beginner
Beginner

Post by PHAWL » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:02 pm

Me and brennen were going to say hey, but we got there at like 8 or something so we didnt see you. But a guy at the concessions said there were a few really good sophomores there just before us...? Haha

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Post by DAVE101 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:15 pm

Chris and myself arrived at 6 and left at 7. After playing on a hacked R23 for so long, revision 1 machines get boring. We would of stayed if we knew you and Brennen were coming!

PHAWL
Beginner
Beginner

Post by PHAWL » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:55 am

I know what you mean XD. And its cool. I managed to reacquaint myself with an employee that has worked there for a year or so who used to give me free games back in the day, before they locked the magic door for good :O so we'll see what become of it.

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Post by DAVE101 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:32 pm

Some background:
The ITG2 Machine at this location was a Revision 1 (R1) dedicated cabinet. R1s run on older software (before sm 3.95), and can NOT be updated via patch feature. Typically you could call Roxor and they would send you a new Hard Drive so you can get R21, however these are hard to come by now due to lawsuit. Also, you can't hax these machines the same way either or you'll just end up with music and no steps.

During Summer 2010:
"My friend" figured out a way to cache the simfiles so steps would show up. "My friend" put on like 60 popular simfiles (mostly from groovestats), however since some of them were not the correct frequency (48 khz) so the machine would compensate by speeding up some (like 1/3) of the new songs. So it was like playing on 1.1 or 1.2 rate.

Yesterday:
"My friend" took all the sped up songs on his laptop and converted them to the correct frequency with plans of copying them back over to the machine (this took like 2 hours). When he got there all the songs were gone, all the scores were reset, and the Title Screen said "Revision 11". My friend was like "WOOOOAAH YEAH" because this means that the hard drive was replaced and can now be upgraded to R21.

Now:
Updated to R21,
ITG Rebirth expansion pack,
Misc Sims ,
extra speed mods,
rate mods,
% mini mods,
ITG Ice theme

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Post by DAVE101 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:17 pm

I strongly recommend playing with ITG ice as it has more mods and longer menu timers.To get to the theme changer menu, enter the following code after you insert a credit but before pushing start:

UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT (on either pad).

Only choose between "Arcade" and "ITG Ice." Arcade is the generic red one, if you pick "default" or "fallback" then some weird stuff might happen.

jabbles
Beginner
Beginner

Post by jabbles » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:57 am

I know this machine is sorta shit....but is it at least still there ? At this point I dont really care. This is what I'm reduced to....

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:08 am

Guys just buy a machine!

jabbles
Beginner
Beginner

Post by jabbles » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:11 am

problem 1: finding a dedicab that someone is actually selling

problem 2, and probably more problematic: I dont exactly have 8 to 10 tho laying around. :|

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:43 am

I don't follow ITG stuff, buuuuut a lot of us bought machines for 1.5-2k. Can you not just install ITG on it?

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:31 pm

Yeah you can just drop a PC in it and run OpenITG which is basically Stepmania with just the ITG features (mods, stepcounts, score name inputs, per song score rankings, etc.).

ITG dedicabs though are pretty rare and you're going to pay, in my opinion, a very unnecessary premium. The economical route is to just buy a DDR machine off eBay and then drop a little PC in it just like Riot and Fluffyumpkins have done. Your mileage may vary but if you're patient you can get a DDR machine for under $1,500 + $500 for shipping.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:01 pm

Merk wrote:Yeah you can just drop a PC in it and run OpenITG which is basically Stepmania with just the ITG features (mods, stepcounts, score name inputs, per song score rankings, etc.).

ITG dedicabs though are pretty rare and you're going to pay, in my opinion, a very unnecessary premium. The economical route is to just buy a DDR machine off eBay and then drop a little PC in it just like Riot and Fluffyumpkins have done. Your mileage may vary but if you're patient you can get a DDR machine for under $1,500 + $500 for shipping.
I think the dedicabs were known for large monitors and high quality pads, or at least that's what Casey told me a while ago.

Merk

Post by Merk » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:26 pm

Ah! Welp, the beauty of using a PC is you do have the option of technically using any monitor that supports VGA. Really if you can gut the JAMMA harness and the pads out of a DDR cabinet then that's all you really need.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:35 pm

Dedicated ITG2 cabinets are essentially the same as a PIU GX cabinet. These feature a 34" flat monitor vs. the 29" curved monitor in DDR. The monitor is also multisync, making PC support much easier. Heck, the monitor alone was worth $1000+ when it was new.

I don't really know if the stages are particularly any better or worse than DDR from a design/materials/construction standpoint as I haven't spent any time with them myself. But I would assume they are comparable to a PIU GX which I would consider about half a tick lower than DDR in terms of materials they used--slightly less heavy duty, but generally a solid, reliable design.

However, an ITG2 cabinet will have been in service since mid-2005 or later vs. the 1999-2000 of pretty much any DDR machine you'd buy for < $2000 now. That means ~5 years less play for most likely better overall condition. Personally, I don't believe them to be worth $8k at this point given they were ~$10k new, but I would certainly value them higher than a DDR cabinet at this point if I were at all interested in the game...but I'm not.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:36 pm

Merk wrote:Ah! Welp, the beauty of using a PC is you do have the option of technically using any monitor that supports VGA. Really if you can gut the JAMMA harness and the pads out of a DDR cabinet then that's all you really need.
The stock DDR monitor does not support VGA. The PIU GX/ITG2 monitor does.