New ITG2 (dedicated cabinet) in Fishers/Noblesville

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

TaQa
Standard
Standard

Post by TaQa » Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:50 pm

Took a visit here this evening, and it was...an experience I suppose.

Here's what I gathered from my evening:

A dollar a play sucks ass
The volume is extremely low, almost inaudible if it's even semi-busy (and it was pretty busy)
The place is overrun with 11-14 year olds
Some of the 11-14 year olds like to hit on you (I was there 30 minutes and I got hit on 3 times...)
There was a fist fight between two grown men in the bowling alley (you'd think without the drinking that'd stop...but I guess they really need those cigarettes to calm them down, bleck)
I hate my shoes
I almost tripped on a basketball while playing
ITG2 is probably the only game in the arcade worth playing (unless you like doll cranes)
Everybody thinks you're Jesus or something

Aside from that, it was pretty fun. Probably good for bowling, but I don't see myself making another trip there just to play (I'd rather drive the extra 20 miles for the cheaperness and comfortableness of Anderson PP), but I'd possibly go there to do some nice smoke-free bowling.

pkmnx
Standard
Standard

Post by pkmnx » Sun Sep 11, 2005 3:10 pm

TaQa wrote:Everybody thinks you're Jesus or something
This is generally true in any public location where you can play 8+ foot songs.

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:39 pm

TaQa wrote:Everybody thinks you're Jesus or something
This is generally true in any public location where you can draw a crowd, feed them all, and then walk on the water that you spill from your cup.

And getting hit on by little kids? Yeah, blows. -.-
Getting hit on by guys old enough to be your dad? Yeah, blows even more -.-

Hopefully the latter hasn't happened to you.
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:47 am

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution wrote:Getting hit on by guys old enough to be your dad? Yeah, blows even more -.-
Remind me not to hit on you. :P

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:26 pm

so how is the machine now? i'd love to hit it up this weekend when i'm in town again.

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:44 pm

YAY 2x post.

anyway, that place is great. it reminds me of the local eXceed 2 hang-out in Louisville. you know.. clean, lit-up, mostly friendly staff. i went up there twice, once friday and again on saturday, and was able to get some #1 scores (look for FLAK on the scoreboards). i'm assuming it's because it's a new machine since my scores weren't all too great (75-85%). that or no one plays doubles (got a #1 score on a Hard song, can't recall what it was though). i can't wait till i can make it up there again. i saw only one other player while i was there both times. i want to see some more next time.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:03 pm

FLAKK wrote:so how is the machine now? i'd love to hit it up this weekend when i'm in town again.
Be more specific about when you'll be there next time, and I will try to show up. :) Maybe try a Gettin' Together post for best response.

dc_slaughter
Light
Light

Post by dc_slaughter » Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:58 pm

Well, I've been there quite a few times lately....and they've moved it.

The machine is now the first thing you see in the arcade, so the noise is down. The pads great, the sound could just be up a tad bit though. Everyone DOES think you are Jesus. When I had my football team party there, everybody stood in awe. The little kids get on you're nerves. I can promise you that an arrow (or more) will get broken from some little asshole 6 year old. I caught one banging on the command arrows (ya know, the green and red buttons, and the song arrows), and I told him he would break the thing. A dollar for three songs blows $#!7, it's way too expensive for what it is.

Anyway, it is my only choice for now besides Laser Flash, since Ben & Ari's Extreme is out of order.
The youngest phenomenon to EVER hit IndyDDR! Not really...but some people may remember me...

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:52 pm

YOUR BACKKKKKKKKKK!
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

dc_slaughter
Light
Light

Post by dc_slaughter » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:25 pm

Meh...today is my last day of fall break, so I didn't know what else I didn't do. And I went to Pinheads on Friday.
The youngest phenomenon to EVER hit IndyDDR! Not really...but some people may remember me...

The X
Standard
Standard

Post by The X » Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:11 pm

'Bout time you got here, slaughter.

And I've been out there before. Someone tell me when people will be there and I'll try to show.

Looooooonnnnngggggg drive for me, though, so no promises.
This post is brought to you by BET...Because it's never too late to desecrate an ethnicity.

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:24 pm

dc_slaughter wrote:A dollar for three songs blows $#!7, it's way too expensive for what it is.
That's cheap for me. For the longest time, the closest machine for me was in Lexington, Ky. It was $1 for 2 songs AND there was a $6-7 cover charge (it was in a Mr. Gatti's).
Yea, I'm like Mother Teresa, except I pwn.

Yume_Taira
Standard
Standard

Post by Yume_Taira » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:28 am

dc_slaughter wrote:
Anyway, it is my only choice for now besides Laser Flash, since Ben & Ari's Extreme is out of order.
Of course...they FINALLY get the Extreme AFTER I move... :P Silly Ben & Ari's.

Not like I'll be fit enough to do the Extreme stuff like I used to. There is NO close DDR up here!!!

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:30 pm

i was up there friday night. it's WAY too quiet. oh well, i'm not there enough for it to really matter to me. while i was there, i got some high scores. so have fun beating me (my handle there is FLAK, of course). srsly, it shouldn't be too hard.
Yea, I'm like Mother Teresa, except I pwn.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:23 pm

I was told at X-Site tonight that Pinheads has replaced their ITG2 machine with a Pump It Up machine of some sort. The source on this is not reliable (they were referring to the X-Site machine as "2 Exceed 2" and had no clue what Pump It Up actually was), but they claimed it did have 10 panels. Can anyone confirm this?
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.