SuperNova 2 at Gameworks

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:08 pm

lgolem wrote:
BigBadOrc wrote: and if bloomington needs anything, it's not SN2, it's piu pro !
your logic fails, DDR out earns pump all the time, Supernova 2 would bring the vets back out and still get the teens who suck at it. Pump is Dead in Bloomington since it is only:Me, Kara and Kylene who play it regularly and Sam occasionally.
SN2 is great. Though I guess I wouldn't object to PIU pro.

hermione
Warning

Post by hermione » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:43 pm

pump is dead because its a god awful game that requires no timing skill what-so-ever to play. Thats why the people who failed at DDR play Pump now.

This is why there are no Pump machines in Hogwarts.

That and importing laws are a bitch :/
I'm prettier than you :)

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:34 pm

hermione wrote:pump is dead because its a god awful game that requires no timing skill what-so-ever to play. Thats why the people who failed at DDR play Pump now.

Expecto Pumptronum.

hermione
Warning

Post by hermione » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:09 pm

SoDeepPolaris wrote:
hermione wrote:pump is dead because its a god awful game that requires no timing skill what-so-ever to play. Thats why the people who failed at DDR play Pump now.

Expecto Pumptronum.
FORBIDDEN MAGIC! :shock:
I'm prettier than you :)

BigBadOrc
Standard
Standard

Post by BigBadOrc » Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:09 am

lgolem wrote:
BigBadOrc wrote: and if bloomington needs anything, it's not SN2, it's piu pro !
Supernova 2 would bring the vets back out
K the noobs that play DDR all the time prolly wouldn't even notice the difference between SN1 and SN2 (I mean GOOD GOOD ppl still come up to me when I'm playing ITG and go "HEY LOOK DDR!"), and the "vets" would probably come back out the same for pump pro. "the vets" main argument with pump was that it had gay retarded scoring and no timing skill, and this is completely fixed in pump pro, which models ITG's timing and scoring system. AND WHY DO I HAVE TO ARGUE WITH YOU OF ALL PEOPLE FOR A PUMP GAME OVER A DDR GAME LOL U 5 PANEL TRAITOR!!!!

hug
groovestats
<3 blackcat

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:40 pm

BigBadOrc wrote:
lgolem wrote:
K the noobs that play DDR all the time prolly wouldn't even notice the difference between SN1 and SN2 (I mean GOOD GOOD ppl still come up to me when I'm playing ITG and go "HEY LOOK DDR!"), and the "vets" would probably come back out the same for pump pro. "the vets" main argument with pump was that it had gay retarded scoring and no timing skill, and this is completely fixed in pump pro, which models ITG's timing and scoring system. AND WHY DO I HAVE TO ARGUE WITH YOU OF ALL PEOPLE FOR A PUMP GAME OVER A DDR GAME LOL U 5 PANEL TRAITOR!!!!

hug
...Hey Mike?
Chillllllll

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:43 pm

BigBadOrc wrote:
lgolem wrote:

hug
"HEY LOOK DDR!"

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:50 pm

Zach is now a GOOD GOOD ppl.
This thread is now derailed.

BigBadOrc
Standard
Standard

Post by BigBadOrc » Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:03 pm

danc1005 wrote:
BigBadOrc wrote:hug
...Hey Mike?
Chillllllll
epic lulz............. and rofl I meant good god :shock:
groovestats
<3 blackcat

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:56 pm

hey look, nintendo power pad!

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:39 pm

BigBadOrc wrote:no timing skill
ok, no one can say this in my opinion till you FPC Love is a Dangerzone CZ, once you do that then you can bitch about timing skill....the fact of the matter is, even with the timing as leanient as it is, the charts are so much harder and so much more fun than ITGay and DDR will ever fucking be.

The bottom line of the whole fucking arugement is, DDR MAKES MONEY, so far Pump barely pays for it's upgrades, due to it's past of not doing ass well, DDR SN2 is a MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better decision of an upgrade because guess what will make the same as it does now and it will bring the vets around to play something new. AND also you know how brutal it is to install pro into the pump machine, you have to cut a HUGE FUCKING HOLE in the front of a fantastic looking machine, way to much butchering than I think Daniel will want to do. AND we just put in 3 redemption games on credit that out earn the dance games combined so we don't have the money to do an upgrade for anything for a while now.

You don't need to argue with me about wanting Pro there, I want an upgrade period, I would like Pro so I could hack it and add custom songs, but THE POINT IS WE DON'T HAVE THE FUCKING MONEY FOR IT, YOU WANT TO CONTRIBUTE 1.5k$ TO US TO GET IT, BY ALL MEANS DO SO!!!

BigBadOrc
Standard
Standard

Post by BigBadOrc » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:46 pm

it's not really fair to quote me like that since when i said that i was speculating as to why "the vets" might not like pump as much as ddr.. i personally have no quarrel with pumps timing. although i do think its scoring system was coded by a 3rd grader with crayons :)
lgolem wrote:ITGay
is that really necessary?

and yeah, you completely missed the point of what i was saying but whatever :shock:
groovestats
<3 blackcat

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:50 pm

BigBadOrc wrote:it's not really fair to quote me like that since when i said that i was speculating as to why "the vets" might not like pump as much as ddr
and I am saying we have had NX2 there for a month or so, and who has played it, Me, Kara, Kylene, Sam, and Jason who drove up from fucking louisville to play it....Upgrading pump may never happen cause daniel doesn't see it worth it cause NO ONE comes in to play it. Hell last time I talked to him about it, he thought about selling the thing all together. Why should he upgrade a machine that no one bothers to play now.

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:57 pm

hey look, serious business

BigBadOrc
Standard
Standard

Post by BigBadOrc » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:41 pm

i love you orange lounger, we can be bestest friends ?
groovestats
<3 blackcat