Burned a kid freestylin'

Discuss your greatest DDR and music/rhythm game accomplishments

Moderator: Moderators

Hoody2006
Standard
Standard

Burned a kid freestylin'

Post by Hoody2006 » Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:47 pm

I just got back from vacation this morning. We went to Branson, Missouri for the week. They had a few theme parks we went to, One of them being CELEBRATION CITY. I was looking for a place to eat when i went through the arcade, and seen they had a MAXX2, taht was in top quality I hadnt played in a while so i started watching this guy. He was playing ok then during a freeze he jumped over the bar and jumped back over. He obviously thought this was a great freestyle routine or something then he finished his song and people were amazed :?: (I guess DDR isnt that big where i was). SO he thought he was awesome it was my turn so i picked my song and started my routine. The crowd started getting into it, and when i was turned around i keep staring at him. He stated getting pissed off. While he was complaining to his family about how i was doing stuff different i finished my routine, while my brother Zack kept laughing at him, and the crowd kept getting better. He got mad then said "you've done that before let me pick the song," i declined then played another. I said OK you can pick. He hit random and the bar landed on B4U. I had an alright routine, but i knew most of the steps and patterns. After this the crowd was huge and everyone was into it. He ended up getting pissed off and storming off with his mommy and Daddy. All in all it was a pretty good DDR experience.
if it doesnt matter who wins or loses then why do they keep score
-Vince Lombardi-

XeRo
Standard
Standard

Post by XeRo » Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:38 pm

Yes you must always appreciate the crowd of newbies who can play all of ONE song and do a freestyle to it..usually makes me want to ask them to do any kind of dance move at all off of the machine...I could C-walk \ Pop-n-Lock all over that shit.

djfooboo
Standard
Standard

Post by djfooboo » Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:44 pm

You are too annoying even for me, that was seriously obnoxious in my opinion.

djfooboo
Standard
Standard

Post by djfooboo » Sat Jul 02, 2005 6:21 pm

^^^^^^^

O NOES! people don't like my opinion. [goes and cuts self]

The X
Standard
Standard

Post by The X » Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:20 am

Hah!

Nicely done. He deserved it if he's gonna storm off like that over a game.
This post is brought to you by BET...Because it's never too late to desecrate an ethnicity.

TaQa
Standard
Standard

Post by TaQa » Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:26 am

I'm all for showing people up, but "staring back at him" while your "brother was laughing his ass off" is kinda uncalled for. What am I saying uncalled for, I meant retarted. He was trying to show off, you were trying to show off, you won the bigger DDR-Penis contest, good for you.

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:17 pm

Yep, screwing with the nooblets isn't nice. Honestly. Don't shit on somebody's one freestyle. They probably just haven't had as much time to figure things out as you have.

If DDR isn't such a big thing in Bronson, don't be an ass and discourage the players. >_o
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

Hoody2006
Standard
Standard

Post by Hoody2006 » Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:59 pm

Yep, screwing with the nooblets isn't nice. Honestly. Don't shit on somebody's one freestyle. They probably just haven't had as much time to figure things out as you have.

If DDR isn't such a big thing in Bronson, don't be an ass and discourage the players. >_o
He was actually from ohio, not branson, and about screwing with the newbs thats how a lot of people have learned. I dont care if thats not how you learned, but thats what it was for me. All it did was make me want to get better, and prove that i could do it and make it look good. It sucks but thats how it is, and most of the people on the boards are guilty of messing with newbs.
-Vince Lombardi-

seveneleven
Heavy
Heavy

Post by seveneleven » Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:05 pm

*cough*Mexy*cough* :wink:

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:52 pm

Hoody2006 wrote:It sucks but thats how it is, and most of the people on the boards are guilty of messing with newbs.
Permission to sound like your mother?
If all your friends jumped off a bridge, would you do it, too?

If he was from Ohio and an experienced player, maybe you should have mentioned that before you went off about railing a newbie. :roll:

I guess I was lucky enough to have people behind me helping me along as I was learning. I feel sorry for you if you only learned because you wanted to get better than somebody else.
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

The X
Standard
Standard

Post by The X » Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:37 pm

I didn't have hardly anyone behind me when I started, but I've never played to show anyone up unless a challenge was laid down. If they can't handle the end result then they really shouldn't be there.

I guess some people take the word "fun" differently.
This post is brought to you by BET...Because it's never too late to desecrate an ethnicity.

Hoody2006
Standard
Standard

Post by Hoody2006 » Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:12 pm

Permission to sound like your mother?
If all your friends jumped off a bridge, would you do it, too?

If he was from Ohio and an experienced player, maybe you should have mentioned that before you went off about railing a newbie.

I guess I was lucky enough to have people behind me helping me along as I was learning. I feel sorry for you if you only learned because you wanted to get better than somebody else.
once again you dont read thoroughly, i didnt learn because i wanted to be better than everyone in fact i know im not the best. Like i said i did it to prove to myself that i could do it, not to be the best.
-Vince Lombardi-

CgSquall
Standard
Standard

Post by CgSquall » Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:39 pm

Hoody, ALL of us were newbs at one point or another. So do NOT insult them in any way that you wouldn't want to be treated. Hell, compared to most of the people here, i'm a newb, and i've been playing almost two years now.

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:29 pm

Hoody, one day I want to grow up to be just like you.

I'm sick of storming off to mommy and daddy when someone who's COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY AWESOME AT THE DANCING GAME shows me up. I'm sick of crying myself to sleep at night because some meanie showed up at the arcade I was enjoying my day at and showed me up at the stompy game.

My life feels so worthless and empty because I lost to you during ultimate dance battles and you walked away looking so completely and obviously cool.

Please teach me your ways. Please teach me how to be as utterly cool and superior as you are. Please show me how to inject importance into my miserable life by ruining other people's days then bragging about it on the internet. I want to become an ass too.

Hoody2006
Standard
Standard

Post by Hoody2006 » Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:31 pm

give me a call rodent and ill teach you my ways, its a pretty simple philosophy to follow.
-Vince Lombardi-