My name's Mad Skillz Magg for a reason... ^_^

Discuss your greatest DDR and music/rhythm game accomplishments

Moderator: Moderators

Mad_Skillz_Magg
Light
Light

My name's Mad Skillz Magg for a reason... ^_^

Post by Mad_Skillz_Magg » Tue May 03, 2005 9:37 am

Heya! Update!!! I can now pass the following songs consecutively without fear of failing!

1) Waka Laka with a "B"
2) So Deep with a "B"
3) Healing Vision (Angelic Remix) with a "C"
4) Bag with a "B"

W007! It took me for ever to get this good but I feel so proud of myself! And I have witnesses so if nobody belives me, they can go play in traffic
:D
Last edited by Mad_Skillz_Magg on Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All talk and no game makes (insert random name here) a poser!

Are you ready? I do beleive it's time to cut the Proverbial Rug!

Spazz
Standard
Standard

Post by Spazz » Tue May 03, 2005 2:00 pm

Cowgirl can be tricky to run PA on if you don't have gallops down. Be proud, I supose. :P

dancing queen iu
Standard
Standard

Post by dancing queen iu » Tue May 03, 2005 5:28 pm

Cowgirl is like the only song with gallops that I can AA.
I'm IndyDDR's Favourite #1 Bitch

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue May 03, 2005 5:30 pm

Mmmm gallops. Next try something like matsuri japan. Harder, but still fun.

Mad_Skillz_Magg
Light
Light

Post by Mad_Skillz_Magg » Thu May 05, 2005 9:25 am

heh...I'm working on getting my greats down on Tsugaru so I can AA that one. Again, not that hard but still just barely too many greats ^_^

TaQa
Standard
Standard

Post by TaQa » Thu May 05, 2005 1:18 pm

Mad_Skillz_Magg wrote:heh...I'm working on getting my greats down on Tsugaru so I can AA that one. Again, not that hard but still just barely too many greats ^_^
Tsugaru...on heavy...is this song magically not hard at B&As? I swear I AA'd Maxx Unlimited before I could consistently AA Tsugaru.

Spazz
Standard
Standard

Post by Spazz » Thu May 05, 2005 6:12 pm

TaQa wrote:
Mad_Skillz_Magg wrote:heh...I'm working on getting my greats down on Tsugaru so I can AA that one. Again, not that hard but still just barely too many greats ^_^
Tsugaru...on heavy...is this song magically not hard at B&As? I swear I AA'd Maxx Unlimited before I could consistently AA Tsugaru.
Quoted for truth, TaQa. I'm lucky to pull FC on that song. Gallops and those weird machine gun skips > me.

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Thu May 05, 2005 6:26 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:Mmmm gallops. Next try something like matsuri japan. Harder, but still fun.
and sounds better. that's definently a plus.
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."

Gamergirl1227
Standard
Standard

Re: My name's Mad Skillz Magg for a reason... ^_^

Post by Gamergirl1227 » Fri May 06, 2005 5:21 pm

[quote="Mad_Skillz_Magg"]the other day I AA'ed Cowgirl on heavy! Huzzah!

Yay Maggie! You own that song!!

Mad_Skillz_Magg
Light
Light

Re: My name's Mad Skillz Magg for a reason... ^_^

Post by Mad_Skillz_Magg » Mon May 09, 2005 9:40 am

Gamergirl1227 wrote:
Mad_Skillz_Magg wrote:the other day I AA'ed Cowgirl on heavy! Huzzah!
Yay Maggie! You own that song!!
Yeah Right...If Justin heard you say that there would be hell to pay XD ...He'd challenge you to a dance off or something and then take all your tokens
Spazz wrote:Quoted for truth, TaQa. I'm lucky to pull FC on that song. Gallops and those weird machine gun skips > me.
See, for some reason, those just don't really bother me. I LOVE that kind of stuff so i get a real kick out of this song. I like to "Cut the proverbial rug" if you will ^_^

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Wed May 11, 2005 9:48 am

Oh my god, "cut the proverbial rug" = <3!!!

XD

Sorry, I love that part of your signature.

P.S. Great stuff you got going on here. Reminds me that I need to get back out and start playing again. >_<
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

Vince
Standard
Standard

Post by Vince » Wed May 11, 2005 10:03 am

On those "skips" or whatever in Tsugaru it helps to think of them more as jumps and less as gallops. Having a music background, there's things called grace notes, or "flams" for a percussionist.

Sing along with the Vince: Fla. Fla. Fla. =D

The F is just a fraction of a millisecond ahead of the la. You want it to be as short as possible but "still there," and when doing that on Tsugaru it's better to have the mentality of playing it as such. Just hit the first note BARELY ahead of the second.

I have crappy PA mostly because I haven't been playing that long and have yet to play in true athletic shoes, but I told HPK this same analysis and it helped him shave off several greats from his previous high score. Too bad it didn't help his ego... oh no is he reading? Ahhhhhhhhh
-Vince
"I was seein this real good lookin woman for about six weeks until somebody stole the binoculars out of my truck." ~Larry the Cable Guy

TaQa
Standard
Standard

Post by TaQa » Wed May 11, 2005 5:50 pm

Vince wrote:On those "skips" or whatever in Tsugaru it helps to think of them more as jumps and less as gallops. Having a music background, there's things called grace notes, or "flams" for a percussionist.
It doesn't make them any easier :-p Really though, the flams are only half the problem. While its a little confusing to flam, gallop, flam, gallop, thats something you can get down. Its more of the crappy "triplet" things that go on after them, but since DDR cannot accurately time triplets (see: Burning Heat!, 12/8 time can go to hell) it becomes difficult. Timing tsugaru is just a bitch.

Regardless, if Magg AAs Tsugaru as one of her early AAs, I'll be pretty impressed.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Wed May 11, 2005 5:56 pm

There are a couple songs with correctly timed triplets. Get Up 'n Move has some, for example. However, DDR does seem to be a fan of fake triplets (the last note has a lot of emphasis and everything is timed such that the gap between the last note of one group and the first note of the next is shorter). You're right about Burning Heat though, it may be in 12/8 (or 6/8 if you prefer, either will work), but the timing of the steps is way off. It's one of the few songs I pretty much don't count out in my head while playing.

Once you get those down, the only part of Tsugaru that's unusually difficult is the weird rhythm in the middle with the jump in it. I've combo'd it a couple times, but by pure luck. Even with excessive speed, I can't seem to read it correctly and put it with correct musical timings.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Wed May 11, 2005 9:24 pm

vince I'd like to see you perform these steps like a flam.
...stepSTOMP
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."