First brag in a long, long time...

Discuss your greatest DDR and music/rhythm game accomplishments

Moderator: Moderators

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

First brag in a long, long time...

Post by malictus » Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:19 pm

Sunday night, after almost everyone had left the DDR-A-Thon, I finally played a game of Extreme (first Extreme game I played all weekend!). Although I was exhausted, I tried Soul 6 oni, and passed! That was my first Oni course passed, ever. And Casey was playing too, so I have a witness :P

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:10 pm

Great job Jim ^_^ That was my first oni, too.

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Post by malictus » Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:14 pm

OrangeLounger wrote:Great job Jim ^_^ That was my first oni, too.
So which one should I try next??

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:10 pm

Road of Slow was my 2nd, but I'm weird like that.

Naoki Standard, Naoki Neo-Standard, and Naoki feat. Paula Terry are all pretty easy ones.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:32 pm

My first was Nearly=130, but you can only play that if you have a Max 2 machine handy. Naoki Standard was 2nd, and isn't too bad, though D2R can give you trouble if you can't do 16th/Jump patterns, and of course it's slightly desynced. Soul 6 was my third, followed by BeForU and Naoki Feat. Paula Terry. Those are all I've passed.

Naoki Neo-Standard may give you trouble if you can't handle Memories since it's kinda offbeat (not in the sense of being desynced, just that there's a lot of rhythms that don't fall primarily on downbeats/upbeats), otherwise it's not too tough. You might also want to try Pop 8 on Max 2 if you have one nearby.

After those, they start getting a little harder. Dancemania Oni isn't that bad if you can actually do Get up 'n Move (I can't) and some easier catas. World Tour is fun, and you can probably get to Afronova, which is basically the length of a normal Oni, though it is difficult to pass (Gamelan de Couple owns me).
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.