Dyme luvs pump with all his <3

Discuss your greatest DDR and music/rhythm game accomplishments

Moderator: Moderators

Fluffyumpkins

Re: Dyme luvs pump with all his <3

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:57 pm

If you're into IndyDDR history, this was a pretty good thread. Starting around page 10 Wolfen hit the scene, and... well... you should read it for yourself.

There were a lot of clever and snarky comments, and a lot of hurt bottoms. In retrospect, did we over do the ball busting?

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:34 pm

This is a reminder that somehow this fucking furry got enough money to make a documentary (a least a trailer for one) about his friends playing Pump It Up. http://wolfenfilms.com

--------------> http://wolfenfilms.com/films/dating-for ... hallenged/ <--------------------------
In retrospect, did we over do the ball busting?
In my defense I was really hoping Wolfen would answer my post where I asked him legit questions because I genuinely do want to understand a furry's thought process. Like, how does a grown ass man look at furrydom and go, "Yeah, that's how I want to define myself. This is a good idea."?

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:01 pm

mom buying you a minidv cam and making your friends be in a movie about PIU ≠ getting money to make a documentary

oh mannn that looks bad
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:29 pm

Potter wrote:mom buying you a minidv cam and making your friends be in a movie about PIU ≠ getting money to make a documentary

oh mannn that looks bad
Like my friends who left steadyshot on while filming skate video sections with a fisheye.

Also, aee bronies as bad as furries?
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:16 pm

-My opinion-

Whether the whole 'brony' culture is the result of a society that craves irony, a big inside joke, or genuine interest in the show, it's still just a TV show. The problems start when people let their interest in a hobby become a defining characteristic of their persona. It's good to like things. It's bad to let the things you like become the sole expression of who you are.

This applies to nearly any pastime including sports, TV shows, video games, comics, and enjoying the aesthetic of sexy-or-otherwise anthropomorphic stuff. Fan is short for fanatic. Being a fanatic is a bad thing.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fanatic

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:43 pm

Maaaaaan, I dunno. I was kinda mean, but more to other people. With Wolfen I was just being sarcastic until he got all uppity. See, the thing is I never really tried to be deliberately mean to anybody, but I would just look for every opportunity for little puns and jokes (like the hurtpiggypig comment!) that really have no reflection on my opinion on the person (since I don't even know her really), but it just was an irresistible moment for a pun. My point still stands though... don't come in with a giant sexy wolf avatar and sig and then say "stop asking me about it, I don't like to talk about or let people know I'm a furry." He clearly wanted attention, and didn't get the kind he wanted.