GAT GAT GAT GAT

Discuss your greatest DDR and music/rhythm game accomplishments

Moderator: Moderators

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:59 pm

So for the past few days I've been sick with Strep Throat w/ somewhat fever conditions, a cold, and swollen tonsils. Today I forced myself to go to school cause i didn't want to miss out on Chemistry final preparations. Anyway. I went into the arcade today, feeling a little better... got some new scores. Passed some new songs. :]

Actually did this song on accident, hey new high score.

Last high was a 92% or so? I guess blue comboing the speed up helps. xD

Other cool songs i passed...
First time pass Monolith Expert - 71.xx% haha
First time pass ! Expert - ~70-80% Can't remember lame.

Potter: I put in Fo Deesha just for you. hah
(reference to what you said in one of my posts a while back)
Can get ahold of me @spookyxcraig

UnLiMiTeDmAxX
Standard
Standard

Post by UnLiMiTeDmAxX » Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:03 pm

Man you've gotten a lot better in such a short amount of time. Keep it up.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:39 pm

better:
I feel the double star is within reach.

Romeo & Juli8 Expert - 98.72% - 29ex 1g

At work today I found out that you can save edits to the machine through the service menu. O_O cool
I also raised the volume slightly.
and made the machine double premium. =]
and added unlimited menu timing - but it was getting annoying so i took it off. hah.

TaQa
Standard
Standard

Post by TaQa » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:51 pm

Cbav wrote: and made the machine double premium. =]
and added unlimited menu timing - but it was getting annoying so i took it off. hah.
Make sure your manager knows you did that, or else it may end up costing you your job :-\

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:47 am

TaQa wrote:Make sure your manager knows you did that, or else it may end up costing you your job :-\
Yeah, I was bored because no-one was there, so I was reading through the service menu had, and was looking through different options you can change. While I was doing so a girl who I work with (the kinda-manager) was like-

"Hey what are you doing?"

Me:"Just checking out the options... I want to change some things for the better of the machine but I don't know if Mike (my boss) will agree"

Her: "Like what?"

I point out Double pad was a ridiculous 6 tokens, and it was kinda stupid. As well as the menu timer. While I had them highlighted she went ahead and changed them. So I said I didn't do it, she did because she pressed the button. xD

Anyway- thx for the reminder... I'm actually going to change it back to doubles costing 6 tokens then ask my boss if it'll be ok. :)

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:36 am

Played tonight at 11:00pm, actually did fairly well.
Easily passed Hardcore Symphony Expert but then bs'd the final stream and failed LAWL

I passed Quasar tonight except.. xD
The syncing was off.
Look at that ridiculous great count.

Anyone have a good version of quasar i can steal? =[

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:47 am

Cbav wrote:
TaQa wrote:
I point out Double pad was a ridiculous 6 tokens,
heh, at mega play thats how much it is for singles :roll:
You will be baked
Jeff wrote:Try playing in your room where your father enters to see you making crotch gestures with your hands.

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:20 pm

went in today.

Blue combo till about half way then I turned weird on a part then thats about where the 5 started popping.

Other scores:
Uber Rave - 31% fail - Hey, i got about 10-15 seconds into the final stream. My stamina isn't good enough yet.
Heaven(Dan23 steps) - Like a 82% - it didn't feel perfectly sync'd.
The Legend (Marathon) - Intense - 85.26% - nothing special, but new.

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:58 pm

So my Nike Free's arrived yesterday. They've got everything right in them. Light, small, comfortable, and extremely flexible. The only problem is they're not gripping the pad like my old shoes, causing me to get lower scores than usual. Would this be because they're new? The traction on the bottoms of them are awesome, but just don't seem to be gripping the pad worth anything.

I tried spraying the pad and cleaning it with window cleaner, but that didn't seem to do much, as well as spraying some on the bottoms of my shoes, didn't do much either. Maybe they just need broken in on the bottoms. Anyway, they have a long future ahead of them. =]

I went in today.. it was boring like always... playing alone. I think I might go to Rascals more instead of TFP.

new high for me.

+2%

my shoes. =]

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:11 pm

Cbav wrote:Image
my shoes. =]
...because much like speed holes and NOS stickers on lgolem's Honda, putting your name on shoes makes you better at the game. Perhaps you should try spraying some Black Flag on the shoes. THEN you'll get the REALLY good scores. :lol: I'm just kidding. I really have no room to talk. I bought special shoes too.

Seriously though, what were your old shoes? Nike Frees are supposed to have a lot of grip on the bottom. something you might want to try is rubbing eraser on the bottoms of your shoes. It helps with grip more than Windex. It also helps to keep dust off of the pads. Go to a Michael's (or whatever arts shop is around you) and look for a soft triangular white eraser.
Yea, I'm like Mother Teresa, except I pwn.

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:12 pm

What I was thinking it was, the shoes were basically untouched to the ground, just out of the box. So I was thinking they were so "un-broken-into" or fresh / clean - that it wouldn't grip.

Or - the generic glass cleaner that's used to clean the pads. It's really slippery and leaves a somewhat slippy aftereffect.

Or - The rags I use to quickly wipe off the pads with (i take them from the back kitchen before i play), leaves a hairy residue on the pads sometimes.

Mainly my only problem is, my shoes don't make the squeaking sound my old shoes did, and allow me to move my feet quickly from one direction to another.

Here's some pics of my old shoes:

I don't want to have to spray chemicals on the pad or my shoes to get the performance I want. These older shoes would "squeak" without any assistance.

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:31 pm

Went in today to mainly get higher scores on some of my oldies.

I finally got my 99% on The Game Expert. First try actually.

I tried about 6-7 times to get a 99% on RoMeo & Juli8... so sad... I couldn't. The closest I could get was a 98.79% i think.

I didn't get my pass on Euphoria Expert today. :( But my Nike Free's are really changing the way i play. the Bouff sprints were easy. :shock: As was a 180bpm 16th stream on my flash. :shock:

Dyme
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Dyme » Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:57 pm

romeo and juli-gay is just stupid
Team KIMO represent!

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:39 pm

Haha today after work I nearly passed Summer ~speedy mix~

Nike Free's win like whaat!

AllusiveGold
Standard
Standard

Post by AllusiveGold » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:56 pm

Soo... I got really bored and read your whole thread. God DAM you got good quick.