Ho's Humility Thread

Discuss your greatest DDR and music/rhythm game accomplishments

Moderator: Moderators

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:46 am

the gattchoon wrote:
Ho wrote:One other note (no pun intended). In my attempt to chase down (or is that chase up) your scores, I am proud to say I logged my first--and second--AAAs! They were on 5.1.1. L7 and Nothing Ain't Stoppin' Us L7...a 1 star and a 2 star respectively. So, they're not terribly difficult, but they're still quite significant to me since I've been playing this game for like three years and haven't gotten one until now. And then...two in one night! Neat-o!
I ban you from the non-AAA club. Hmph!

Average? HMPH!! XP!
Aww...but those were IIDX scores, not DDR. And they were super easy IIDX songs at that! My ability in either game is still decidedly average.

Can you wait until I get a DDR AAA to ban me from the non-AAA club? Pretty please?

the gattchoon
Standard
Standard

Post by the gattchoon » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:32 pm

Ho wrote:
the gattchoon wrote:
Ho wrote:One other note (no pun intended). In my attempt to chase down (or is that chase up) your scores, I am proud to say I logged my first--and second--AAAs! They were on 5.1.1. L7 and Nothing Ain't Stoppin' Us L7...a 1 star and a 2 star respectively. So, they're not terribly difficult, but they're still quite significant to me since I've been playing this game for like three years and haven't gotten one until now. And then...two in one night! Neat-o!
I ban you from the non-AAA club. Hmph!

Average? HMPH!! XP!
Aww...but those were IIDX scores, not DDR. And they were super easy IIDX songs at that! My ability in either game is still decidedly average.

Can you wait until I get a DDR AAA to ban me from the non-AAA club? Pretty please?
Ok, ok, fine. =P

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:03 pm

Am I in the club? Or do home AAAs/Beatmania US AAAs count?

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:12 pm

I have at least one home DDR AAA and now have beatmania AAAs. So those apparently do not exclude you from the non-AAA club.

Now, whether you'll be accepted into our very exclusive club... That's another matter entirely! ;)

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:40 pm

Ho wrote: Now, whether you'll be accepted into our very exclusive club... That's another matter entirely! ;)
I'll make my own club, Ho! (The H is capitalized purely because of the coincidence that your name happens to be Ho...the word would have been there regardless :P.)

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:53 pm

Just don't call me a 'hoe' and we won't have problems. ;)

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:26 pm

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:20 pm

I normally don't make a big deal about CS/AC and US/JP scoring differences, but it should probably be noted that for beatmania US, the scoring system is about an entire grade level easier than the Japanese equivalents. If we're counting DDR USA (AC), then I have numerous DDR "AAA"s :)

Still, a beatmania US AAA is probably at least a JP AA (work out your Ex score and see), which is quite an accomplishment given that game's decidedly harsh timings and difficult charts.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:44 pm

MonMotha wrote: Still, a beatmania US AAA is probably at least a JP AA (work out your Ex score and see), which is quite an accomplishment given that game's decidedly harsh timings and difficult charts.
Thanks, you made me smile :). Now I know that I've done something that's "quite an accomplishment" in the first few days after getting the game.

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:29 pm

dance1005 wrote:
MonMotha wrote: Still, a beatmania US AAA is probably at least a JP AA (work out your Ex score and see), which is quite an accomplishment given that game's decidedly harsh timings and difficult charts.
Thanks, you made me smile :). Now I know that I've done something that's "quite an accomplishment" in the first few days after getting the game.
Getting a AAA on 14-key is way more of an accomplishment. You should go do that now. :P

Oh, yeah, and the US/JP scoring differences - it is possible to get a AAA on the U.S. home version and only qualify for an A under the Japanese scoring scheme. But it requires some luck.

It's fairly easy to get an A on the U.S. version that's "really" a C, though. At least on some songs. (E-motion a7 - it's not a hard song, why do I keep screwing it up?)

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:19 pm

As a general rule of thumb, a score greater than 187000 is a AAA on all Japanese mixes. I've however gotten a AAA with as low as 185000.

For a Japanese AA it's around 171000 or greater. On BMUS a AAA is equal to a Japanese AA.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:23 pm

Merk wrote:As a general rule of thumb
You're supposed to use your thumbs with this game?!

Damn...no wonder I suck so much!

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:49 pm

Merk wrote:As a general rule of thumb, a score greater than 187000 is a AAA on all Japanese mixes. I've however gotten a AAA with as low as 185000.

For a Japanese AA it's around 171000 or greater. On BMUS a AAA is equal to a Japanese AA.
Definitely none of my scores were even close to 187000, I don't even know if I've broken the 171000 limit...and I have a ton of AAs and 2 or 3 AAAs.

Ho wrote:You're supposed to use your thumbs with this game?!

Damn...no wonder I suck so much!
Lol I think I've used all my fingers (on both hands...yes on 7-key) at one point or another. I play (generally) full 2-handed on 7-key and turntable/buttons on 5-key.

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:37 pm

Thumbs are a big part of my skillzzsszszszsz, I use them in pretty much every chord that has adjacent notes (ie 1+2+3, or 5+6, etc.)

They're also essential for the infamous pinky scratch

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:15 pm

In case it wasn't clear, the thumbs thing was a joke.