Ho's Humility Thread

Discuss your greatest DDR and music/rhythm game accomplishments

Moderator: Moderators

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:35 am

Ho, do I have you as a friend on DD:Recall? If no, please do add :).

(BTW, to avoid any questions, I'm dance1005, although I'm sure you could've figured that out.)

EDIT: Okay, I added you (if you are "Ho", that is), and I was wondering how you did the little screenshot of the Compare Users screen...did you screenshot it and crop it, or something easier? It's not for posting me compared with you, just for future reference...what bothers me is that I think I've done it before, but I don't remember how.

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:18 am

Ho wrote:Ok Katy... I'M THROWING DOWN! :P

To warm up/practice for the tournament this past Saturday, I played all the songs (except So Deep) where we were tied or you were beating me. Somehow I logged two SDGs in the process. That never happens! I'm not even certain I've ever gotten an SDG before. If I have, it's only been like one or two. So thank you...for being a source of encouragement that seems to actually be making me better. Hopefully I can return the favor and you'll get the scales tipped back to your side.

Mind you that there were multiple layers of whoring involved in beating some of those scores. I was speed whoring (in some cases, as high as x3) and some songs I had to play 5+ times just to eek out a few more Perfects. You'll notice that the spread on several songs is quite small.

At any rate, I'll have to work on So Deep. I've improved my score, but I still have a long way to go to come anywhere near to catching you.
Eh, I still have to work on So Deep too. I really want to AA that sucker, but it might be a while :cry:

As for everything else, good job! I have a picture phone now, so I should be able to take picture of my scores more often. Maybe I can catch up to you again and submit some new scores in for some of my older AAs. And, the AA count is rising.....I'm up to 19 AAs so far :-)

I'm getting pretty good at Waka Laka though. Watch out for my scores buddy. I'm comin after ya!

Hey, you shouldn't get caught up in my scores so much. Go and challenge Mike. He's the one ya wanna be gunnin after :-P

And I am SOOOO envious that you can AA El Ritmo Tropical. I offically hate you. You don't know how many times I've played that song and I STILL can't AA it. !@#$!#@%#$@$% HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ok, I promise I'm done rambling now :-P

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:00 pm

Ho wrote:Dear the gattchoon,

Thank you for making this thread live up to its name. You have humbled me with your superior averageness. ^_^

Yours truly,
Ho

Who are you kidding? Many of these scores are pretty darn good! Average, my foot (maybe even both of them)!

I went through and played all the songs you had logged in DD:Recall. I already had scores for some of them, so I generally didn't bother playing them again just yet. I just took one run at each of the ones I hadn't played. As you can see, you're stomping me on 20 out of 24!

I'll go back and replay them to see if I can raise any of them, but it looks like I've really got my work cut out for me!

the gattchoon
Standard
Standard

Post by the gattchoon » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:53 pm

LOL! Ahhh, I was having a "good day" that day, my AA attack. =P

All those were made after one run per song, so I have yet to try again and improve and add some more scores. =P

I haven't been out in a while, so... ehh. Busy cleaning my room and dreading the start of school in a few weeks. ;_;

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:16 pm

I think that site is pretty cool :D I just signed up and I will try my best to keep track of scores (my name on it is green tea)
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:15 pm

Green Tea wrote:I think that site is pretty cool :D I just signed up and I will try my best to keep track of scores (my name on it is green tea)
Welcome aboard! (You're already beating me... ;))

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:28 pm

Ok, Dan.

I played all the songs you had scores for that I didn't. That amounted to 14 songs. Plus I played the one new song that Katy entered. I did all that in about 35-40 minutes. So, 15 songs with basically no breaks. Which leads me to the question...

"Dan, why'd you have to play such hard songs?!"

Oh man, I am as out of shape as I thought. My stamina is poop. That hurt...a lot! At least I was able to pass them all, but I can't say I did all that well on most of them.

And speaking of stamina... I tried PSMH. Of course I tried at the end of that session. I think I can probably figure out the pattern, but I was just out of gas. I'll have to try it again when I'm fresh.

I want my stamina back! :P

P.S. - Your profile says you have 26 songs entered, but I only saw 23 in the list. I even checked Challenge difficulty (learned that one from Katy). Do you have some private scores or something? I was confused...not that I was really itching to play three more songs just then. ;)

TaQa
Standard
Standard

Post by TaQa » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:43 pm

Ho, this is going to make you tons better, I see it coming :-)

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:43 am

TaQa wrote:Ho, this is going to make you tons better, I see it coming :-)
Well, I really have nowhere to go but up. ;)

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:49 am

I have a few songs entered from 5th mix, I think like Kick The Can and some other stuff. Lol, nobody made you play them all at once! I play hard songs because I like to challenge myself, too. On the other hand, you did beat me on 2 9s and my 2 best PAs! Guess I'll have to go through and beat you back tomorrow/today. :)

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:57 am

dance1005 wrote:I have a few songs entered from 5th mix, I think like Kick The Can and some other stuff. Lol, nobody made you play them all at once! I play hard songs because I like to challenge myself, too. On the other hand, you did beat me on 2 9s and my 2 best PAs! Guess I'll have to go through and beat you back tomorrow/today. :)
Aha! Indeed I did not think to check other mixes. So I have learned yet another DD:Recall "trick." So few people have access to anything but Extreme that I guess I just didn't think about it. I forget that Ft. Wayne somehow became the Bemani capital of Indiana--at least as far as variety of games is concerned.

And yes, I know no one forced me to play all that at once. I just wanted to quickly establish a baseline between us. I just mentioned it to make a pathetic excuse for myself that I probably wasn't playing my best--especially toward the end of the run. Maybe someone will feel sorry for me? :( ;)

Anyway, I'm sure we'll have some fun with this. I'll look into adding those three "extra" songs and keep an eye open for whatever else you come up with.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:59 am

Cool, I'll keep an eye out, too, as I'm now actually regularly checking my DD:Recall.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:38 am

Ok Arka...tonight I was gunning for you! :)

I'm headed out for the weekend, but I'm leaving you something to do.

I played the beatmaniaIIDX songs you were beating me on. I was able to tip the scales in my favor on 10 of them, leaving only 2 out of 17 that you're still winning.

One was era (nostalmix). You were absolutely slaughtering me on that one by 125 EX points! I was able to raise my score to just 25 points below yours. I tried playing it a few more times, but each additional play was worse, so I won't complain about +100 even if you're still beating me.

The other song was e-motion. You want a dumb excuse? My laptop battery died...I use it to enter scores into VJ Army as I play. I just decided to quit at that point because I was too lazy to go up stairs to get my power adapter and then come back downstairs to keep playing. It was already late anyway.

One other note (no pun intended). In my attempt to chase down (or is that chase up) your scores, I am proud to say I logged my first--and second--AAAs! They were on 5.1.1. L7 and Nothing Ain't Stoppin' Us L7...a 1 star and a 2 star respectively. So, they're not terribly difficult, but they're still quite significant to me since I've been playing this game for like three years and haven't gotten one until now. And then...two in one night! Neat-o!

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:19 am

Ho wrote:Ok Arka...tonight I was gunning for you! :)

I'm headed out for the weekend, but I'm leaving you something to do.

I played the beatmaniaIIDX songs you were beating me on. I was able to tip the scales in my favor on 10 of them, leaving only 2 out of 17 that you're still winning.
Ut oh...

Wow! I've been demolished. I can't actually see how badly I've been demolished, because VJArmy is only showing me part of the DJ Battle screen for you (it cuts out in the middle of Holic). But it's pretty obvious I've been demolished anyway.

At least you picked a good time - I can't play 14key for a while, as I managed to cut my right hand yesterday. So the more incentive to improve my 7key game, the better.
Ho wrote:One was era (nostalmix). You were absolutely slaughtering me on that one by 125 EX points! I was able to raise my score to just 25 points below yours. I tried playing it a few more times, but each additional play was worse, so I won't complain about +100 even if you're still beating me.
I like Era, can you tell? I actually need to log a new score for it - I'm now down to single-digit goods (and my perfect attack has improved a lot, too). Here's hoping I can widen the gap on something.

But that's a pretty impressive improvement, nonetheless. Now I have to see if I can do the same thing on Bad Boy Bass!.
Ho wrote:One other note (no pun intended). In my attempt to chase down (or is that chase up) your scores, I am proud to say I logged my first--and second--AAAs! They were on 5.1.1. L7 and Nothing Ain't Stoppin' Us L7...a 1 star and a 2 star respectively. So, they're not terribly difficult, but they're still quite significant to me since I've been playing this game for like three years and haven't gotten one until now. And then...two in one night! Neat-o!
AUGH! You beat me to the AAA by... hours. (Check out First Day. I only have one, though... owned again.)

Seriously, congratulations. Welcome to the ex-no-AAA club!

the gattchoon
Standard
Standard

Post by the gattchoon » Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:40 pm

Ho wrote:One other note (no pun intended). In my attempt to chase down (or is that chase up) your scores, I am proud to say I logged my first--and second--AAAs! They were on 5.1.1. L7 and Nothing Ain't Stoppin' Us L7...a 1 star and a 2 star respectively. So, they're not terribly difficult, but they're still quite significant to me since I've been playing this game for like three years and haven't gotten one until now. And then...two in one night! Neat-o!
I ban you from the non-AAA club. Hmph!

Average? HMPH!! XP!