Discuss your greatest DDR and music/rhythm game accomplishments

Moderator: Moderators

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:26 pm

Amp Divorax wrote:
Ho wrote: Image
ROTFLOL! Just call BR-549 if you are interested in buying this one of a kind IIDX Kombat Machine!
That machine is making me drool...
You will be baked
Jeff wrote:Try playing in your room where your father enters to see you making crotch gestures with your hands.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:09 pm

MonMotha wrote:Get busy:

Light 14 - HO! wins, 94 to 26

All those were on older styles (6-8th). There should be plenty more to come.
I see you've been busy. I was expecting it.

My recent sessions have been playing even older styles. I now have complete L14 data for 3rd-5th. I'll work on catching some of your new scores as I continue filling in data since it seems as though I'm up to the styles where you were playing.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:15 pm

Ex Score Comparison
dj BVM Total: 190995
dj HO! Total: 190790
dj BVM WINS!
Difference = 205

I figure you'll fix that soon enough.

Also, as a direct challenge: pass Romeo & Juliet 14k. Beating my score optionally.

Oh, and IIDX Kombat gives me an idea...I do have the ability to play the actual boardset with PlayStation controllers... I think that would be even more silly than Turtles Turtles Revolution.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:53 am

MonMotha wrote:Light 14 - HO! wins, 94 to 26
Light 14 - HO! wins, 101 to 32
MonMotha wrote:Ex Score Comparison
dj BVM WINS!
Difference = 205
Ex Score Comparison
dj HO! Total: 192532
dj BVM Total: 191933
dj HO! WINS!
Difference = 599
MonMotha wrote:I figure you'll fix that soon enough.
Back at ya, bud.

My play was limited to 6th Style tonight. Most of the scores I bounced back at you were 4-6 weeks old. What does all this tell us? We're both getting a heck of a lot better at doubles. Meanwhile, I'm reading doubles high speed at about the same level as singles now...maybe .5 slower when available/necessary.
MonMotha wrote:Also, as a direct challenge: pass Romeo & Juliet 14k. Beating my score optionally.
1 HO! 1026 [70.37%] 423 180 88 21 36 11/19/06 11:24:34 PM
2 BVM 938 [64.33%] 344 250 104 7 33 11/19/06 03:31:32 PM

Done. I actually beat your EX score on my first try, but I failed. So I played a second time, got the pass, and raised my EX score in the process.
MonMotha wrote:Oh, and IIDX Kombat gives me an idea...I do have the ability to play the actual boardset with PlayStation controllers... I think that would be even more silly than Turtles Turtles Revolution.
If you're talking about using Dual Shocks, that really doesn't seem all that silly. It would just be like playing any number of the console versions of MKII that have been produced--including one for the PS2. Now if you're talking about playing MKII with IIDX controllers...well, now you're on to something!

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:17 pm

Ho wrote:
MonMotha wrote:Light 14 - HO! wins, 94 to 26
Light 14 - HO! wins, 101 to 32
MonMotha wrote:Ex Score Comparison
dj BVM WINS!
Difference = 205
Ex Score Comparison
dj HO! Total: 192532
dj BVM Total: 191933
dj HO! WINS!
Difference = 599
MonMotha wrote:I figure you'll fix that soon enough.
Back at ya, bud.

My play was limited to 6th Style tonight. Most of the scores I bounced back at you were 4-6 weeks old. What does all this tell us? We're both getting a heck of a lot better at doubles. Meanwhile, I'm reading doubles high speed at about the same level as singles now...maybe .5 slower when available/necessary.
MonMotha wrote:Also, as a direct challenge: pass Romeo & Juliet 14k. Beating my score optionally.
1 HO! 1026 [70.37%] 423 180 88 21 36 11/19/06 11:24:34 PM
2 BVM 938 [64.33%] 344 250 104 7 33 11/19/06 03:31:32 PM

Done. I actually beat your EX score on my first try, but I failed. So I played a second time, got the pass, and raised my EX score in the process.
MonMotha wrote:Oh, and IIDX Kombat gives me an idea...I do have the ability to play the actual boardset with PlayStation controllers... I think that would be even more silly than Turtles Turtles Revolution.
If you're talking about using Dual Shocks, that really doesn't seem all that silly. It would just be like playing any number of the console versions of MKII that have been produced--including one for the PS2. Now if you're talking about playing MKII with IIDX controllers...well, now you're on to something!
Ive tried playing Soul Calibur with both my iidx and ddr controller...

neither are very fun ^_^
You will be baked
Jeff wrote:Try playing in your room where your father enters to see you making crotch gestures with your hands.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:57 pm

Since I've been bugged enough about this I have this statement to make.

Amp is entering the 14 key wars Desktop Arcade Style soon!

Edit: Popped in 3rd style and started wailing on quite a few songs.

New AAAs:

Take On Me Hyper
Take On Me Another
Shine On Hyper
Shine On Another
I'm In Love Again Normal
Calcutta Another

Also, my Calcutta Hyper score skyrocketed as I switched from playing on HS2 with towel to just HS3. All these new AAAs were most likely the end result of using Xploder HDTV Player on 9th style and newer as when I go without it for 3rd the sync is just about the same oddly enough.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:55 am

Amp Divorax wrote:Since I've been bugged enough about this I have this statement to make.

Amp is entering the 14 key wars Desktop Arcade Style soon!
Don't forget to enable your VJ Army profile for doubles so the scores will show up in DJ Battles...not that I'm going to beat any of them. :P

Meanwhile, on the MonMotha battlefield it seems that we've gotten to the where the winner of the DJ Battle is whoever played last. We're leapfrogging each other with each session. Of course we're both getting a heck of a lot better in the process.
Song Battle Comparison
dj HO! Victories: 197
dj BVM Victories: 111
dj HO! WINS!

By Difficulty Breakdown
Light 7 - HO! wins, 80 to 75
7-Key - HO! wins, 5 to 2
Another - Draw, 0 wins each..
Light 14 - HO! wins, 110 to 33
14-Key - HO! wins, 2 to 1
Another 14 - Draw, 0 wins each..
I'm still holding a comfortable margin on Light 14 songs, but Brandon is catching or has caught me in many of the other categories. I think he's been replaying and raising L7 and 7-key scores whereas I haven't been. I'll get back to singles after I have full L14 data...a goal which I only have about 20 more songs to completion.
Ex Score Comparison
dj HO! Total: 205723
dj BVM Total: 206389
dj BVM WINS!
Difference = 666
OH NOEZ!

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:53 pm

DOUBLE POST!
Song Battle Comparison
dj HO! Victories: 211
dj BVM Victories: 97
dj HO! WINS!

By Difficulty Breakdown
Light 7 - HO! wins, 80 to 75
7-Key - HO! wins, 5 to 2
Another - Draw, 0 wins each..
Light 14 - HO! wins, 124 to 19
14-Key - HO! wins, 2 to 1
Another 14 - Draw, 0 wins each..

Ex Score Comparison
dj HO! Total: 206667
dj BVM Total: 206389
dj HO! WINS!
Difference = 278
I battled through 9th Style to take back several L14 scores and the overall points lead (what is this, NASCAR?). It looks like it's Brandon's turn. ;)

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:22 am

TRIPLE POST!

Mission accomplished: I now have a score logged for every song in L14. This currently puts me at #25 on the VJA DJ Points chart for double.

I'll probably battle a few more of Brandon's scores and then I'll head back to L7/7-key land. Get ready, Dan. I'll be coming for you! ;)

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:46 am

Ho wrote:TRIPLE POST!

Mission accomplished: I now have a score logged for every song in L14. This currently puts me at #25 on the VJA DJ Points chart for double.

I'll probably battle a few more of Brandon's scores and then I'll head back to L7/7-key land. Get ready, Dan. I'll be coming for you! ;)
Right now, im too afraid to even look at the dj battle between you and I... if only songs you havent passed counted :(
You will be baked

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:55 am

If you log a fail on VJ Army (unchecking the cleared box) they will still show up in DJ battles. However, between a player who can clear a song and a player who cannot, the player who can clear the song is likely to win on Ex points anyway simply because hitting notes in time tends to lead to clears :)
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:21 am

I've beaten many a player with failing scores.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:58 pm

Dang, Dan. I'm having serious doubts that I'll ever catch your scores again. Your victory margins have gotten huge in the time I've been playing doubles. You've obviously improved tremendously! Great job!

Playing doubles doesn't seem to have had a dramatic effect on my timing. I mostly played to raise some older scores and push a few close scores into AAAs.

I did beat your Genom Screams Normal score in the process of raising it to a AAA, but I haven't played many direct challenges against you yet. However, the amounts I was raising scores don't give me the impression that I'd have been able to catch you on much.

I bow to your superior timing. I've definitely got my work cut out for me.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:29 pm

Alright, I won't be able to get a 2P DA controller anytime soon due to financial constraints. However, I will be playing IIDX using 1 DA and a US KOC (I will be altering the keys so that they push in the same as my DA to dodge the carpel tunnel inducing madness that they cause.)
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:56 am

Amp Divorax wrote:Alright, I won't be able to get a 2P DA controller anytime soon due to financial constraints. However, I will be playing IIDX using 1 DA and a US KOC (I will be altering the keys so that they push in the same as my DA to dodge the carpel tunnel inducing madness that they cause.)
You are a braver man than I. I tried playing doubles with one ASC and one US KOC. Admittedly, I didn't mod either, but the difference between the two was way too distracting for me. I ended up buying a second US KOC instead. It's not as nice as two ASCs would have been, but it's a heck of a lot cheaper! ;)