lgolem passed Dignity finally

Discuss your greatest DDR and music/rhythm game accomplishments

Moderator: Moderators

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:29 pm

Hehe, giant jumps. Just you wait... One of the reasons I kinda like pump is that they have no qualms about doing things that some people might think are "stupid" or even "dangerous".

For example, DDR never used certain jumps on doubles...yeah, go play Chung Hwa Ban Jeom NM :) That'll redefine "big jumps". It involves hitting the corner panels on completely opposite diagonals of the stage, so like 1P 7 and 2P 3.

It takes some getting used to, but the larger movements are kinda fun. In DDR you pivot a bunch, while in Pump you tend to have to actually move your center of gravity around a fair bit, even on singles.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:21 pm

I dunno, why Pump intigued me more. DDR was boring looking and it didn't feel fun, I don't know if it is the extra button, the angled arrows, or if it is the awesome songs, I just love Pump and I don't like DDR.

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:57 pm

lgolem wrote:I dunno, why Pump intigued me more. DDR was boring looking and it didn't feel fun, I don't know if it is the extra button, the angled arrows, or if it is the awesome songs, I just love Pump and I don't like DDR.
Don't like DDR? SACRILEGE! :evil:
MonMotha wrote:In DDR you pivot a bunch, while in Pump you tend to have to actually move your center of gravity around a fair bit, even on singles.
I actually disagree with this statement, at least for most songs. To me, the DDR singles steps are much less choreographed, so you wind up slinging yourself around the pad *more.* With PIU, there are very few non-FS/NM songs below difficulty 15 that can't be streamlined by stepping properly... it's just that "stepping properly" may be more trouble than it's worth for some of you speed demons.

Regardless, you're clearly right about the FS/NM on Pump being more... erm... exotic than Doubles on DDR.

I'm going to regret arguing about this with a guy who owns 3/7ths of a PIU machine, aren't I?

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:10 am

Arka wrote:
lgolem wrote:I dunno, why Pump intigued me more. DDR was boring looking and it didn't feel fun, I don't know if it is the extra button, the angled arrows, or if it is the awesome songs, I just love Pump and I don't like DDR.

Nope, don't like DDR, I actually hate it but I didn't want to be that mean. :D

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:00 pm

Ohhhh hate is such a strong word...and I don't know, I think that DDR is more my thing. I'm a tiny thing ya know...not that flexible either...don't want to have to pull something while attempting massive PIU jumps from opposite end arrows. If that makes any sense. lol.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:05 pm

blackcat24 wrote:don't want to have to pull something while attempting massive PIU jumps from opposite end arrows.
That is like a lvl 15 crazy song, I will NEVER do that one, I doubt I will get that good at it, but other than that there isn't many hard jumps.

Jason Dread
Standard
Standard

Post by Jason Dread » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:18 pm

There are 3 Pump songs which will require you to do jumps such as those aforementioned:

1 - Winter (Level 19, very last step of the song)
2 - Sajahu (Level 14, and the only thing that makes this song difficult to S)
3 - Chung Hwa...aww fuck it, Chinese Restaraunt (Level 17?)

And all of those difficulties are Nightmare only. You won't have any songs up until that point pull crap like that for you unless you feel sadistic and put yourself on Another Truth Freestyle with Random enabled.

THAT is hell.

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:54 pm

Jason Dread wrote:There are 3 Pump songs which will require you to do jumps such as those aforementioned:

And all of those difficulties are Nightmare only. You won't have any songs up until that point pull crap like that for you unless you feel sadistic and put yourself on Another Truth Freestyle with Random enabled.

THAT is hell.
Hmm, sounds intriguing...

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:58 pm

Jason Dread wrote:There are 3 Pump songs which will require you to do jumps such as those aforementioned:

THAT is hell.

I only saw the 3rd one, I think You and Yuo-hie (I don't think I spelled his name right) played that song on Nightmare, and I felt likt grabbing my crotch cause just seeing your guys stretch your legs out that far made me feel hurt there...lol.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:42 am

Chung Hwa isn't really that hard. Yes, you do have to stretch a bit, but you're already in the center and everything, ready to do it. Sajahu is a pain in the neck. You're over on one side of the stage, and I often don't even see the darn arrow on the other side until I've already missed it, let alone have time to get to the center to step it.

Actually, I think Chung Hwa is pretty darn fun, personally. It's got some tricky stuff in it, but it's a pretty good chart overall.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

great x scape
Standard
Standard

Post by great x scape » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:25 pm

lgolem wrote:
Arka wrote:

I am a bigger fan of PIU, however I could never ignore my DDR roots. Even though I played DDR a few months before I ever played PIU, I find that DDR is my first. I also like the fact that DDR is a great home system, being that you can purchase metal pads and all.
STOP:c0000221unknownHARDerror
\systemroot\system32\ntd11.d11

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:21 pm

great x scape wrote:
lgolem wrote:
Arka wrote: Don't like DDR? SACRILEGE! :evil:

I am a bigger fan of PIU, however I could never ignore my DDR roots. Even though I played DDR a few months before I ever played PIU, I find that DDR is my first. I also like the fact that DDR is a great home system, being that you can purchase metal pads and all.
And I tried DDR again over at your house, and I still don't like it. Honestly I haven't played much Pump it Up latly, I have been to busy with school and seeing you Christina ^_^.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Tue May 02, 2006 4:46 pm

I DID it, I played it like 50 times but I beat another 5 with an S, I beat Another Truth by Novasonic in the k-pop channel. I am really wore out, I stared of just flopping it from the begining and then I beat it with a C and then I kept playing it, I beat it with an S ^_^. WOOT

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Sun May 07, 2006 11:01 pm

WOOT, I beat Dignity (another 5) with an A....I am so happy I am getting alot better at this game.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Wed May 10, 2006 2:41 am

I have been getting better at pump, I beat Canon D on Hard today (another 5) with an A