blackcat be burnin' up the didder machine

Discuss your greatest DDR and music/rhythm game accomplishments

Moderator: Moderators

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:23 pm

Heh, maybe once I get good WITH mods, I will start learning them WITHOUT.

Dyme
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Dyme » Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:40 am

blackcat24 wrote:New AA, but not a huge deal :-(

Kind Lady...yeah I know. So what? Everyone can freakin AAA it. T.T
i wish it were easy. it took my awhile to get it mostly because i cant play on a decent machine. i did get it when i went to IL for a tourney. got it during a warmup...lol
Team KIMO represent!

AllusiveGold
Standard
Standard

Post by AllusiveGold » Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:47 am

Lol, respect? Why do people make such a big deal about those who use mods or the bar? If it's so bad then why are they on the machine. I'd think they wouldn't put mods on the options if it were considered cheating. I still think it's fun to play stuff without mods at all also but I don't get what the big deal is if someone uses them. If it's going to help improve a score, hey why not.

Also, good job on Kind Lady :o

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:37 am

Ho wrote:1x Flat for life! ^_^
Heart.
dance1005 wrote:You should try to learn to read 1x, it gets you more respect, and if you're playing on older mixes, you need to be able to read it.
I disagree. I have a heck of a lot more respect for anyone who can read 4x than I have for my own playing abilities. Frankly, some people find it easier with mods & some find it easier without; I'm in the latter camp. (Except for Reverse, Flat & Dark, which make no apparent difference one way or the other.)

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:00 am

AllusiveGold wrote:Also, good job on Kind Lady :o
Thanks:-) It's not as cool as a AAA, but eh, I'll get it. lol. Like I said before, it seems to be the easy AAA. Then again, for the good people, every song is an easy AAA...

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:06 pm

rofl...I got a new AA and it was the first time ever doing the song. I owe it in part to Mike, because he kept trying to get me to do it before, but I wasn't interested. Finally, I just did it and I happened to AA it. Eh, it was an easy song, so once again, not a huge deal.

Sexy Planet Challenge FC

I feel like my rhythm is getting a lot better. My great counts have been gradually decreasing, so I'm definitely getting better. Kind Lady has kinda helped me get a feel for the rhythm of songs. I'm still so bad at double stepping. My life would be so much better without doubba steppin.

I'M STILL TRYING TO AA LITTLE BOY. LIEK ASDF IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNI LAWLZ!

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:10 pm

Yeah, so I didn't AA anything new, but I got my lowest great count on So Deep today! Ok, so my great count went from 89 to 53! I think that's pretty good...and I think I got to like 300 or so combo before I got a good or something.

53 greats, 1 good, 4 boos, no misses, and I got a NG for the only hold at the end :-\ which evened out to an A. But wow, that was pretty awesome today, lol.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:56 am

Ok, I finally did it! I went into your DD:Recall profile and logged a score for every song you had in Extreme Heavy Single.

As I expected, you thoroughly stomped me! :P

For these scores, I just played each song once just so we can see where I'm at right now given that I don't play DDR regularly anymore. I can tell I'm really out of practice, though I don't know that I would have done a whole lot better at my peak. I've never been a very good PA player.

I'll try working on some of these songs to see if I can improve my scores. It'll be a good challenge for me--and a good challenge for you if I actually manage to beat any of them.

FYI, all of these songs were done 1x Vivid (normal) except for So Deep which was 1.5x. I guess I should have done Flat since that's my trademark, but I didn't. :P Maybe I'll do Flat when I replay these songs.

So Deep was the only one that I replayed because I failed it. I put it on 1.5x and still failed it, but I logged the score anyway. I have passed it in the past, but I was never any good at it. I doubt my passing scores back then would be all that much better than this new score.

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:28 pm

So Deep is like my favorite one to play :-) I wanna at least FC that sucker...to AA it someday would be amazzzzing!

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:31 pm

Ho wrote:As I expected, you thoroughly stomped me! :P
Nice pun. I'm still trying to figure out whether it was intentional.

And, uh... really, I'll be doing DDRecall scores any day now! Maybe.

[/pointless]

~*+*craziefairy*+*~
Standard
Standard

Post by ~*+*craziefairy*+*~ » Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:00 pm

katy kicking ass. good job! your Fawesome.

~Craze

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:28 pm

I went back and replayed all the songs from earlier. But I tried an experiment. I bumped up to x2 up to about 150 bpm and x1.5 above that. As you can see, I improved nearly all of my scores from before. I guess all the Pump and pop'n I've played since I quit playing DDR regularly has made me speed whore.

Sorry Arka, I'm a sellout!

I suppose this just puts me on relatively even ground with most players these days. It seems like the majority are using speed mods. But my x1 DDR days aren't over! x1 is still more suitable for my freestyle technique. It puts more arrows on the screen for me to read ahead and PA is irrelevant. I also play a lot more freestyle than PA anyway.
Arka wrote:
Ho wrote:As I expected, you thoroughly stomped me! :P
Nice pun. I'm still trying to figure out whether it was intentional.
Yeah, it was...although it's Pump that directs you to stomp, not DDR. ;)

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:08 pm

Heh, mods = god.

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:31 pm

Ho wrote:I guess all the Pump and pop'n I've played since I quit playing DDR regularly has made me speed whore.

Sorry Arka, I'm a sellout!
No! How could you do this to me? You Ho! :cry:

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:36 pm

Don't worry Ho. I'll catch up to you and beat all your scores. Just you wait. :-P