Being Great In No Time

Discuss your greatest DDR and music/rhythm game accomplishments

Moderator: Moderators

Ray_Clark
Standard
Standard

Being Great In No Time

Post by Ray_Clark » Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:07 am

This past weekend, I had my best DDR performance ever! May not sound good to some, but its a huge accomplishment for me. How can some who was somewhat a B- in Standard comes out of nowhere and rips the mode like it was nothing. I had an A in the following songs Saturday: Vanity Angel, Pink Rose, frozen ray, ECSTASY, Air, true(radio and sunrise mix), and Insertion. I admit I was feeling a bit loose and confidence was building to the point I just ahead and tried Heavy! The following results occur: JANAJANA-B, Let's Groove-A, .59-B, Look To The Sky(original mix)-C, ABSOLUTE-B, and gentle stress-B. I don't know how I was doing , but it was nice! I still need to know the steps, which was always my main weakness. If I get the steps of the songs, I can be really good. Things are starting to slow down for me now than in the past. The key to be a great DDR player is patience. U have to be patient even if ur playing Paranoia MAX :lol: . I want to know how long it took u guys to become the great players that u are? If I continue at this rate, my goal for the summer(refer to Introduction Thread)will be made!

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:27 am

umm... will someone move this to the brag board?

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:01 pm

Yep. Ray, ya need to look around before you post.

This is a brag thread that should be in the Brag section of the forum.

Then again, I'm not a mod. Whatev.
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:34 pm

This definitely belongs in the Brag Board, so it now resides there.

CaseyDidder
Administrative Discipline

Post by CaseyDidder » Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:51 am

how is this a brag thread, he got a B on JanaJana... seriously.

oh and you don't get good from patience, you get good from whoring.

Spartan_117
Standard
Standard

Post by Spartan_117 » Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:31 am

Yeah, But I only play ddr maybe once in a couple weeks anymore because around christmas I went to gameworks and spent the leftovers on my card and I was so tired after that. . . therefore I decided to do DDR, maybe barely.
I think I saw Casey there too.
Ah,...A life story...........

Ray_Clark
Standard
Standard

Post by Ray_Clark » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:46 am

Spartan_117 wrote:
Yeah, But I only play ddr maybe once in a couple weeks anymore because around christmas I went to gameworks and spent the leftovers on my card and I was so tired after that. . . therefore I decided to do DDR, maybe barely.
To Casey: Only an arrogant person like u would said that of course. For any ppl who happen to see this post, who is new to DDR, here's a tip. I may not great, but I can tell you right now that patience is the key to being successful and never let someone who's ego is big enough to fill the population of Texas put you down with statements such as "you can't do it" or "you suck" because just like everyone who plays this game no matter what skill level their in, they all have to start from the bottom.
To Spartan: It's a heck of a life story too! If you got any question about it, let me know.

CaseyDidder

Post by CaseyDidder » Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:11 am

Ray_Clark wrote:
Spartan_117 wrote:
To Casey: Only an arrogant person like u would said that of course. For any ppl who happen to see this post, who is new to DDR, here's a tip. I may not great, but I can tell you right now that patience is the key to being successful and never let someone who's ego is big enough to fill the population of Texas put you down with statements such as "you can't do it" or "you suck" because just like everyone who plays this game no matter what skill level their in, they all have to start from the bottom.
To Spartan: It's a heck of a life story too! If you got any question about it, let me know.
it has nothing to do with being arrogant or being better than you, its a fact. You get better from playing not from having patience. It's called PRACTICE.

I didn't get good cuz I waited for it to happen. Not in DDR, not in Baseball, not in Soccer. I got good from practicing, and I got good fast. You're calling out the wrong person for the wrong thing.

Ryan Dognaux
Standard
Standard

Post by Ryan Dognaux » Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:56 am

I'm gonna hafta side with Casey on this one - you only get better by playing... not standing next to the DDR machine hoping you'll get better.

But keep it up, everyone's gotta start somewhere. The more you play, the faster you will get better. Play everyday and you'll be AA'ing stuff in no time.
Ryan Dognaux
My Life

CgSquall
Standard
Standard

Post by CgSquall » Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:56 pm

You do get better from practice, i'm siding with Casey, but it's not only just whoring, a person's natural ability at the game will affect how fast they'll get better. For instance I got good really fast, some people it's taken years for them to get good. It'll also matter how much you practice, a lot of shit goes into how fast somebody becomes faster, but in short, practice will do it. Play with people better than yourself too, watch how they play and you may learn a thing or two.

CaseyDidder

Post by CaseyDidder » Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:31 pm

CgSquall wrote:You do get better from practice, i'm siding with Casey, but it's not only just whoring, a person's natural ability at the game will affect how fast they'll get better. For instance I got good really fast, some people it's taken years for them to get good. It'll also matter how much you practice, a lot of shit goes into how fast somebody becomes faster, but in short, practice will do it. Play with people better than yourself too, watch how they play and you may learn a thing or two.
I wouldnt consider your playing good ;) lol jk!

Ray_Clark
Standard
Standard

yea

Post by Ray_Clark » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:59 am

CaseyDidder wrote:
CgSquall wrote:You do get better from practice, i'm siding with Casey, but it's not only just whoring, a person's natural ability at the game will affect how fast they'll get better. For instance I got good really fast, some people it's taken years for them to get good. It'll also matter how much you practice, a lot of shit goes into how fast somebody becomes faster, but in short, practice will do it. Play with people better than yourself too, watch how they play and you may learn a thing or two.
I wouldnt consider your playing good ;) lol jk!

I know that ppl! Of course it takes practice. That's what I'm currently doing right now. U will understand my "patience" theory. Hell, u can't just wake up in the morning and say "I'm too good" and go to the arcade and rack AAA's all day. I know it takes hard work. I doing that every time I go to the arcade every Saturday and I enjoy trying to become better week. That's why I practice because of progression. What I mean by patience is in terms of reading the arrows. U know the up arrow is coming, but u don't know when to press it. No matter how fast the arrows are coming, u still can't commit too early or u wont be credited for the step. Its not how fast you're legs are, its the mind that is essential to putting together a great score. I appreciate the input by u guys, but thats how I see things.