6.2T VS 8B!

Discuss your greatest DDR and music/rhythm game accomplishments

Moderator: Moderators

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Re: Amp's Bemani Accomplishments

Post by danc1005 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:22 pm

Wait, what do mines have to do with knees?

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:56 pm

danc1005 wrote:Wait, what do mines have to do with knees?
Well, since some people never add 2 + 2 on here, I'll make it simple.

For the last 3 years I've went through knee issues left and right. With that in mind, I don't feel like having any further issues due to extraneous faggotry which is why I won't do mine whoring charts.

Oh, I should mention that I have started playing Pump It Up now. Albeit due to the lack of a machine in the area this may not work out unless I get something for home. (Oh, I don't have several grand to blow on a machine so don't make that suggestion.)
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:02 am

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:19 pm

Amp Divorax wrote:For the last 3 years I've went through knee issues left and right. With that in mind, I don't feel like having any further issues due to extraneous faggotry which is why I won't do mine whoring charts.
That doesn't explain anything. How exactly does a chart with mines in it hurt your knees any more than a chart WITHOUT mines? Your logic is senseless.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:39 pm

danc1005 wrote:
Amp Divorax wrote:For the last 3 years I've went through knee issues left and right. With that in mind, I don't feel like having any further issues due to extraneous faggotry which is why I won't do mine whoring charts.
That doesn't explain anything. How exactly does a chart with mines in it hurt your knees any more than a chart WITHOUT mines? Your logic is senseless.
It's calling having to do dodge the mines bullshit is annoying, espically in some songs where they are plastered everywhere. I find it very ironic that you question my logic since that you are usually the only one who I need to break things down Barney style for. As a result, I'm inclined to believe that you probably have a difficult time telling rabbit turds from Rice Krispies! (J/K!)

On another note, I AAed Uranus Challenge (sounds like a really lame diss, but it really is a real song) which is considered a 10 on Supernova 2, but the reality is that it's a 9 to me.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:37 am

Pop'N Accomplishments:

Note: All scores are in Super Challenge mode which means Cool timing is on!
Usual Days Hyper: 90628 (28 greats, 1 good)
Electronism Hyper: 90532
Chicken Chaser EX: 83267
Foundation of Our Love Hyper: 87217 (159 greats, 1 good)
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:39 pm

Ok, I figure that I should speak out about this cause it's been an issue.

In the case of DDR I have hacked all the Japanese CS releases to utilize arcade timing, but technically whatever I do on them will not count on score tracking websites. In the case of ITG, while R21 did help people keep playing, all attempts to do songpacks for the series never officially materialized. (Of note being ITG: Rebirth.) As for the case of PIU I'm not holding out any hope for a halfway recent CS release let alone a decent home platform.

The lack of AC access has become a substansial determent to the point where I don't know if I will continue playing or not. Any suggestions (that aren't retarded) would be welcome at this point.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:48 pm

Nobody is as anal as you.
If you have the timing matched perfectly to the arcade on your CS versions, and you mention something about it in, say, your profile on DD:Recall, I'm sure nobody will really care.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:18 pm

Amp Divorax wrote:Any suggestions (that aren't retarded) would be welcome at this point.
If it matters enough to you...move out of Muncie.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:18 pm

danc1005 wrote:Nobody is as anal as you.
If you have the timing matched perfectly to the arcade on your CS versions, and you mention something about it in, say, your profile on DD:Recall, I'm sure nobody will really care.
I hate to say this, but that statement is definitely not true compared to some people on this forum. (Cough, MonMotha, cough.) As for timing, they usually frown on that idea due to problematic songs such as D2R and Hyper Eurobeat not being synced correctly in Pre-SN releases, but were corrected in the JP CS releases.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:32 pm

Dude, you make me seem downright lax (word intentionally chosen for lulz) in terms of my gameplay requirements. I'm a stickler on presentation and authenticity, yes, but I don't go to nearly the efforts you do to make the gameplay more "perfect" than it was ever intended to be. There really is such a thing as "good enough".
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:59 am

This coming from the man who made a control board so both PStwo and AC releases could be played on a IIDX machine. There's also the longwinded (and in some cases, completely unnecessary) tech posts that are done from time to time. Oh, there's also you deriding NFL Blitz 2000 outside of the arcade despite the Dreamcast version benefiting from the more powerful console in comparison to the arcade hardware cause it's not 'True NFL Blitz.' The lulziest example I have though is you calling me by my full account name for the longest time IRL despite me introducing myself by my real name. I'm mainly anal about videogames, but you're anal enough to where you would probably have a computer setup trying to figure out why the answer to Life, The Universe, and Everything was 42.

LOL, Just Messin around y0! I know I'm anal to an extent and I'm glad to some extent cause my Video Game OCD legitimately saved my life! (Messed up and ironic story.) Also, being anal gave me the drive to save and get good games and controllers. (Or in the case of a few games not available for purchase, find them online.)
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Sun May 04, 2008 10:31 pm

Yesterday I successfully A'd a decent amount of 14s and 15s on PIU and I'm also going through the older PStwo DDR releases to work on my overall precision. I will mention upfront though that DDR Festival will no longer be used for score tracking purposes. For those not in the know, that release uses the same engine that is utilized in DDR Extreme US. The issue at hand though is that for DDR Festival Konami apparently thought they could just copy and paste over songs from MAX US, Extreme US, and the Ultramix series without re-syncing them up so I have to go to the timing offset and change it depending on what release it first appeared on which kinda sucks.

I will mention that while there are 1-3 'problematic songs' in the average release, that one is widely considered to be the biggest letdown to date for the series.

Also, I'm going back through various the older IIDX releases to redo alot of my older scores. I find it ludricious that I had a sub 90% score on Switch when I was able to pull off a 95.06% on it on the first attempt.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Tue May 27, 2008 11:31 pm

Ok, eariler today I found out that the Japanese version DDR Supernova 2 can be set to 480p so that (along with the fact that I will soon be getting all things Ultramix) prompted to start playing again.

Several new AAAs, with 2 greats on Look To The Sky. (I've somehow never been able to AAA that song to save my life.)

On an offnote, I will state that 480p makes a hell of alot of difference for me when I'm reading songs over 400 bpm so I'm glad I found this out as I may have a chance at finally clearing Pluto Challenge. Another surprise is the fact that there are barely any jaggies on it despite the PStwo not having any anti-aliasing capabilities. What I don't understand though is Konami's decision NOT to have it available for the US counterpart since 480p capable TVs are now widely available.

Edit: In what nearly caused me to lose composure and mess up mid song, I discovered that for every 100 combos achieved after 1000 combo the announcer says "Wow, I can't count anymore combos!"
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Wed May 28, 2008 8:48 am

Amp Divorax wrote:Edit: In what nearly caused me to lose composure and mess up mid song, I discovered that for every 100 combos achieved after 1000 combo the announcer says "Wow, I can't count anymore combos!"
This makes me want to play DDR again. :)