6.2T VS 8B!

Discuss your greatest DDR and music/rhythm game accomplishments

Moderator: Moderators

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:00 pm

MonMotha wrote:Just so you know, GXS has beatmania Core Remix, not Complete Mix.
Oh, that was a typo, sorry about that. The post has now been corrected.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:04 pm

New Pop4 Difficult record: 97.8, done with 15 greats and 1 miss. (Being 130-132 pounds works against me sometimes as I don't use enough force on 3rd party sensors which is exactly what caused the miss.)

Also, 5 greats on CSFIL Speed Mix which is very good considering that I'm trying to be careful about what I'm playing so that my knees don't get f'ed up.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:07 am

Ok, due to how much I don't like the post Extreme AC releases, I have now officially defected to playing ITG since the PC version has all songs in the arcade. Expect me to start putting scores on groovetrack shortly.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:57 am

Alright, I haven't really put up much of any scores yet for ITG2. Part of the reason for this is that I found out that the arcade uses a 100 hz refresh rate and I'm playing ITG PC at 720p on my HDTV so the lesser 60 hz refresh rate could possibly be seen as not a true arcade score as a result. I honestly don't know if people here would consider my scores to be official or not as a result of this.

On the Pop'N front though I started playing again, this time I'm now playing in Super Challenge mode. (This is available in Pop'N 13 and 14 and it makes use of the cool timing.) The only score I really remember is beating the holy crap out of Railroad Force EX with 87180, but I'll post more when I can.

Edit: In an attempt to improve overall precision both at home and in the arcade, I have decided to edit the static.ini file and subtract 2 ms from the timings.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:20 pm

Amp Divorax wrote:Alright, I haven't really put up much of any scores yet for ITG2. Part of the reason for this is that I found out that the arcade uses a 100 hz refresh rate and I'm playing ITG PC at 720p on my HDTV so the lesser 60 hz refresh rate could possibly be seen as not a true arcade score as a result. I honestly don't know if people here would consider my scores to be official or not as a result of this.

Edit: In an attempt to improve overall precision both at home and in the arcade, I have decided to edit the static.ini file and subtract 2 ms from the timings.
Can you say "anal"?

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:14 pm

Yea, about the timings, I've decided to switch it back as the windows are the same in the CS and AC versions. The main thing that does throw me off is the different in monitors for me so I'll just have to adjust when necessary.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:37 pm

Unless I have the wrong manual for the monitor, the monitor in ITG dedicated cabinets (same as the one in pump cabinets at the time) cannot handle progressive, 480 line video at 100Hz. The monitor is specified to 40kHz horizontal to allow operation at 800x600@60Hz, and 100Hz 640x480 ends up being about 48-55kHz. It should shut down if you feed it something that far out of spec.

On converted cabinets, the situation is even worse. Standard res aracade monitors (as found in DDR machines) won't normally sync to anything above about 70Hz, and they only support a very narrow range around 15kHz horizontal. If it were to sync up at 480 line interlaced, 100Hz video, it would likely suffer severe damage to the horizontal output section within a matter of minutes.

Now, it is possible that ITG trades off vertical resolution for refresh rate as that is a valid tradeoff, but I somehow doubt it.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:19 am

I already know about the situation on the Converted Cabinets. From what I saw of the ITG2 cabinet though the refresh rate definitely looked higher than 60 hz to me and didn't look the same as what little of PIU I have seen.

Edit: From here on in DDR and ITG will now be referred to as....

FEETMANIA!!!
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:36 am

Someone just needs to tag the monitor remote, bring up the OSD, and settle this. My vote: 640x480 @ 60Hz.

The Andamiro-built ITG2 cabinets use the same monitor as the same monitor as later Pump GX cabinets--which is very, very nice. I've seen people attribute all kinds of specs to these monitors that are simply wrong. They just look so much nicer than your standard arcade fare (and what a lot of people have at home) that people assume they're more special than they actually are.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Re:

Post by Amp Divorax » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:08 pm

Ho wrote:Someone just needs to tag the monitor remote, bring up the OSD, and settle this. My vote: 640x480 @ 60Hz.

The Andamiro-built ITG2 cabinets use the same monitor as the same monitor as later Pump GX cabinets--which is very, very nice. I've seen people attribute all kinds of specs to these monitors that are simply wrong. They just look so much nicer than your standard arcade fare (and what a lot of people have at home) that people assume they're more special than they actually are.
I do have to definitely agree on that one. Hopefully we can figure that out. Regardless though I know now that for some reason I can read at faster speeds in the arcade than at home.

Oh, here's a couple of ITG scores from me even though I don't have anything resembling a bar to use yet:

Memorable 2016 quotes:

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Re: Amp's Bemani Accomplishments

Post by Amp Divorax » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:59 am

Some new Pop'N Scores:
Note: All scores are in Super Challenge Mode which means Cool Timing is on:

Rumble Roses Hyper: 81088
Nebuta Hyper: 83536
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:58 pm

Ok, I am clearing 9s and 10s with little trouble so I'm gonna have to start working on 11s soon.

Disconnected Hardkore: Proof that Roxor was planning some evil shit in ITG3!
Last edited by Amp Divorax on Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:22 am

As far as 11s go, Charlene is by FAR the easiest.
Robotix and Xuxa are also fairly simple.
Then Mythology is like a 9 for 3/4 of the song and a 12 for the last quarter, so...

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:28 am

Some more scores from tonight. Something I didn't get a picture of (cause I hit the print screen too early) was a 93.74% on Fleadh Uncut.

Today I started using a chair as a makeshift bar, but it's causing my CF to move forward on the foam workout floor I use so I'm gonna have to figure out a way to make it stay there.

Also, I have corrected my USB memory card to calculate calories burned correctly (This can be changed on Editable.ini) and started converting all notecharts to R21 friendly files as my ITG3 files had a few songs that were over the 5 MB limit.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:42 pm

Due to the fact that I don't wish to fuck my knees up all over again, I will no longer play with mines or hands enabled on ITG. I want to play good notecharts, not ones that rape the hell out of BS gimmicks. (ITG:Rebirth whores it out harder than Konami whored out stops on Chaos!)
Memorable 2016 quotes: