6.2T VS 8B!

Discuss your greatest DDR and music/rhythm game accomplishments

Moderator: Moderators

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Re: 6.2T VS 8B!

Post by DAVE101 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:59 pm

Fake, I'll pwn you at academics any day of the week!

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:01 am

O rly?
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:36 pm

Since mouseish mentioned this, I may as well confirm that there's a VERY good chance that I'll be getting a 2p side ASC for IIDX cause I've wanted to play 14 keys for quite a while now. Also, I'm starting to play again even though it will be only be 1-3 hours a week so don't expect my scores to be anywhere near Super Sumo Merk's level of awesome!
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:38 pm

Pretty sure you're a lot better than me now even on the hard shit. I'm sure not sure where you're at when it comes to clearing 11s and 12s but boy howdy is your timing better than mine.

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:42 pm

Unless of course you were being facetious then fuck my ass I just got burned hard.

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Post by DAVE101 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:44 pm

Amp Divorax wrote:Super Sumo Merk
HE CALLED YOU FAT

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:57 pm

Merk wrote:Pretty sure you're a lot better than me now even on the hard shit. I'm sure not sure where you're at when it comes to clearing 11s and 12s but boy howdy is your timing better than mine.
From what I saw on your accomplishments page, I think you have the upper hand.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:53 pm

Anyhow, played some stuff on DJ Troopers today to get some more full combo scores. (Most of the charts on this version I played only once in December 2008.) While I did get some good scores, the only score that feels kind of post worthy is 95.06% EX on Shades of Grey Hyper.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:15 am

Yeah 95% EX on anything sans L7 bullshit is pretty darn good.
Amp Divorax wrote: From what I saw on your accomplishments page, I think you have the upper hand.
Not true. Most of that stuff comes from flukes or good randoms. Unless we're playing some 11 then I'm confident that you'll beat me on pretty much any given song because you can keep a steady beat in Beet. You know the beginning of Fire Fire and Quasar? Those are literally the hardest things for me to time because I'm awful at keeping a beat for some reason in Beet. If a song has a constant 8th or 16th note rhythm or whatever then I do pretty well but horry shit if the rhythm is staggered at all then I'm fucked.

I mean did you see my score on Alien Temple at the Bemani Bordello? John-Michael beat me by a good number. Easy shit eludes me because there is literally no room for error - fucking up and good attacking a roll can mean the difference between a AAA and a AA.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:03 am

On most of the staggered stuff still makes life miserable for me so I understand how that feels. As for a steady beat, I'm surprised you have that issue given that you are a damn good session player Merk.

Several new Hyper scores on 9th Style.

Also, I may as well mention this now. If everything goes well tomorrow I'm ordering a second ASC for 14 key gameplay.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:12 am

I swear some songs are just flat out off in Beet and there are weird little timing idiosyncrasies between each CS mix. Happy Sky without a doubt has noticeably late timing when compared to every other mix Red and up. I tried giving Happy Sky a go not too long ago and I just could not play it even after dicking around with the timing adjustment settings - it's either too late or too early and there's no option to adjust the timing in 0.1 increments like in Empress. AC timing is its own beast and I honestly can't tell if I'm just fucking up because I'm not used to the 16:9 skinny scroll lanes / the monitor sucks / the keys are actual Sanwa buttons / the timing is actually different.

In general though I feel like I have to be a bit ahead of the beat in order to get Just Greats. Riot thinks the same thing but he's a nub for what it's worth. I always tend to drift either too fast or too slow and I start getting Greats in 8th note chord streams - I have the same problem in DDR for some reason. I believe I just think too hard about the beat or something and constantly try to adjust when I don't need to. I really need that shit that debuted in Sirius or Resort Anthem that tells you if you're going too fast or too slow whenever you don't get a Just Great.

But anyway, Fire Fire, Quasar, Zero, and Parasite World are off in the beginning IMO.

So have you cleared any 12s yet?!?!

ImuyumI
That guy in Kentucky that posts in an Indiana forum

Post by ImuyumI » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:12 am

Speaking of Happy Sky timing, it was so off on my old TV, however when I got my new LCD TV a long while ago, every style was off, and Happy Sky was dead on. It made me lol.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:19 pm

Merk wrote:I swear some songs are just flat out off in Beet and there are weird little timing idiosyncrasies between each CS mix. Happy Sky without a doubt has noticeably late timing when compared to every other mix Red and up. I tried giving Happy Sky a go not too long ago and I just could not play it even after dicking around with the timing adjustment settings - it's either too late or too early and there's no option to adjust the timing in 0.1 increments like in Empress. AC timing is its own beast and I honestly can't tell if I'm just fucking up because I'm not used to the 16:9 skinny scroll lanes / the monitor sucks / the keys are actual Sanwa buttons / the timing is actually different.

In general though I feel like I have to be a bit ahead of the beat in order to get Just Greats. Riot thinks the same thing but he's a nub for what it's worth. I always tend to drift either too fast or too slow and I start getting Greats in 8th note chord streams - I have the same problem in DDR for some reason. I believe I just think too hard about the beat or something and constantly try to adjust when I don't need to. I really need that shit that debuted in Sirius or Resort Anthem that tells you if you're going too fast or too slow whenever you don't get a Just Great.

But anyway, Fire Fire, Quasar, Zero, and Parasite World are off in the beginning IMO.

So have you cleared any 12s yet?!?!
Happy Sky's timing represents probably the most awkward timing in the second half of the console series. One example of this is that I still cannot AAA IceCube Pf.(RX-Ver.S.P.L.) on Another cause of how generally odd that chart is. (Pretty good song for what it is though.)

On timings that are off, I honestly never really saw those four being off, but then again I haven't played those in years so I'll have to give them another look shortly.

Recently? No. Prior to starting college though Innocent Walls (Hyper and Another), A Another, Ristaccia Another, Sakura Another, and Gambol Another had been cleared.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:25 pm

You should go for Setsugekka, that's pretty much the one 12 I can clear with any sort of consistency.

ImuyumI

Post by ImuyumI » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:05 pm

Hell, I almost passed Innocent Walls Hyper. A friend watched as I was passing most of the song and then the near end jackhammers shot me down to 4%. Then, I got some Ben & Jerrys and cried asking why Beatmania didn't love me anymore.