Cooking is fun! Cooking for everyone!

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:43 am

and factory farming might be "effective" but in the long run it is bad for everyone.
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:03 pm

I made cupcakes!

Seventy-two of them!!!

Pic completely unrelated! <3

No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

Math
Standard
Standard

Post by Math » Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:59 pm

Potter wrote:GOOD THING THE HUMAN BODY DOESENT NEED MEAT? AMIRIE? AMIRITE? O WAI-
I'm not trying to preach or get anybody to change their mind, BUT the human body isn't really built for eating meat in my opinion. We're the only "carnivors" that have to cook their meat, cause if we didn't our teeth wouldn't be able to tear it apart, and we'd also get sick from eating raw meat. Meat, even cooked, has a tendancy to get stuck in our digestive track and rot. Which can cause cancer.

I haven't had a piece of meat in about 3 years. Since going veggie, I haven't gotten sick, sans a few minor colds, and alcohol related instances.

I'm not trying to be an ass about it. Hell, I have a lot of friends that eat meat. Just thought I would throug this out there for the sake o discussion.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:18 pm

Math wrote:Meat, even cooked, has a tendancy to get stuck in our digestive track and rot. Which can cause cancer.

LOL. I got to here and stopped reading

oh, and btw, there has been extensive studies on vegitarians after death and how horrible there bones and bone structure has become.
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:51 pm

Yeah, I was talking to you about this too. Growth hormones in your meat mang. They pump those chickens up with steroids that make them grow so fast that their legs cant hold them and they die of starvation because they cant reach any food.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:31 pm

lolololol, nah. people ever since cavemen have eaten meat, and thats the only way we could have built this generation with breakdancers. find me a vegitarian breakdancer sir. o wait, there is none
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:23 pm

HEY BUDDY IM WORKING ON IT QUIT MAKING FUN OF MY BREAKDANCING SKILLS

Math
Standard
Standard

Post by Math » Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:40 am

Potter wrote:
Math wrote:Meat, even cooked, has a tendancy to get stuck in our digestive track and rot. Which can cause cancer.

LOL. I got to here and stopped reading

oh, and btw, there has been extensive studies on vegitarians after death and how horrible there bones and bone structure has become.
This is quoted from a nutrition website, just so you're aware that I'm not making this shit up.

"We are not genetically designed to be meat-eaters. In comparing our digestive system with the cat family, they secrete ten times more hydrochloric acid than we do. Their digestive tracks are short for the rapid expulsion of putrefying flesh. They can easily eliminate large amounts of cholesterol and have sharp teeth for ripping flesh, all of which humans do not have. Our digestive track is long, the same as in those creatures who digest plant foods."

As for the bone thing, I don't think i've ever heard anything to the such. That sounds like something that would be due to lack of calcium, and for most people the major source of that would be Milk. But upon checking the labels in my refrigerator the Soy milk that I drink has the same amount of calcium per serving as the milk sitting next to it.

This is the last I'm posting on the subject, cause honestly I'm not trying to push this on anybody. I was just curious as to whether or not there were any vegetarian DDR players that would like to share recipes. :D

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:54 am

Math wrote:I'm not trying to preach or get anybody to change their mind, BUT the human body isn't really built for eating meat in my opinion.
I disagree with this. Aside from just meat and vegetables and things that humans normally eat, some people can actually consume metal and glass. That's a bit on the extreme side, but really, when you look at the big picture and what some people eat, I think that a hamburger or a steak is the least of our worries. I don't have anything against vegetarians (like you have nothing against the rest of us), but even our mouths are designed to eat both meat and vegetables. We were built to be omnivores. Not build to be carnivores, per se.
math wrote:We're the only "carnivors" that have to cook their meat, cause if we didn't our teeth wouldn't be able to tear it apart, and we'd also get sick from eating raw meat. Meat, even cooked, has a tendancy to get stuck in our digestive track and rot. Which can cause cancer.
Like I said, omnivores. I think that we get sick from our food and we have to cook it because our bodies have weakened over time. Frankly, I think that we really COULD eat bloody, uncooked meat if we wanted to. I'm sure that people still do it somewhere, and they're fine. I think, though, that we're more scared of the bacteria or viruses that could be in the meat. And you don't think that our teeth could tear the meat apart? It's why you have pointy ones in the front and flat ones in the back. n_n Tear and chew. As for the meat causing cancer bit, read this: http://skeptically.org/env/id3.html. While it says that eating processed meats (PROCESSED, examples: cured meats, spam, and sausages) can slightly increase your risk for that kind of cancer, it also states that the resuslts were inconclusive and that anything from gender to age to lifestyle could increase or decrease your risk for that cancer.
Math wrote:I haven't had a piece of meat in about 3 years. Since going veggie, I haven't gotten sick, sans a few minor colds, and alcohol related instances.
Were you very sickly before you went vegetarian? Most people aren't. And the people I know that have gone vegetarian have changed their lifestyle quite a bit after doing so, becoming more health-concious as a whole. That would also decrease your risk of getting sick.
Math wrote:I'm not trying to be an ass about it. Hell, I have a lot of friends that eat meat. Just thought I would throug this out there for the sake o discussion.
Just to get things straight here, too, I'm not trying to bitch back at all. n_n It's just nice to have a few facts and opinions on both sides.
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:13 am

well i was about to say stuff AND THEN MOSH SAID IT.

cats are liek that cuz there carnivores, that species is,, where OMNIVORES. with your limited, decreased nutrition and bloodflow I know it can be hard fo yo brainz to say big words liek that but just jack off mr. rodgers

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:53 am

Math wrote:This is quoted from a nutrition website, just so you're aware that I'm not making this shit up.
Critical thinkers have a term for this, it's called Proof Surrogate.

You are citing a random statement only saying it's from a nutrition website. That DOES NOT MAKE IT CREDIBLE. I can make my own god damn website saying that the sky is green but does that make it true? Arguing against this point would be worthless on your time unless you give me the source and it is credible and NOT SUBJECTIVE.

Along with Mosh's entire post I just need to reinstate, people change over time, Humans at one point in time HAD to be able to eat RAW MEAT. Wisdom teeth are a vestigial structure in our body (meaning it had use in our ancestors but not as much for us) and it's purpose was to help chew meats. This was discussed 7 years ago in my high-school biology class.

(Sorry for a ranting/chewing post but I can't stand when people just believe everything they read, vegetarianism is not a horrible thing but when they make up completely false arguments it pisses me off)
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:03 am

My cat eats plants all the time, especially my moms flowers. He's old as hell, has dredlocks, and the vet said he should have died three years ago. He kicks ass though.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:09 am

yea, i was goin to say something about his source and how uncredible it is and how many different nutrition sites there all that are biased, but i got lost in my thoughts about mr. rodgers.

\
oh and btw, you know that food pyramid thing, THARS MEET IN AIT.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:42 am

Math wrote:
I haven't had a piece of meat in about 3 years. Since going veggie, I haven't gotten sick, sans a few minor colds, and alcohol related instances.
As Mosh said, that's just from having a healthy lifestyle. I used to be really fat, do almost no exercise, and eat frozen dinners all the time. I got sick quite often. Now I eat normal food, exercise, and have lost a lot of weight. Since ~2 1/2 years ago since the change occured, I've had maybe a runny nose or two.

seveneleven
Heavy
Heavy

Post by seveneleven » Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:34 pm

Green Tea wrote:
Math wrote:This is quoted from a nutrition website, just so you're aware that I'm not making this shit up.
Critical thinkers have a term for this, it's called Proof Surrogate.

You are citing a random statement only saying it's from a nutrition website. That DOES NOT MAKE IT CREDIBLE. I can make my own god damn website saying that the sky is green but does that make it true? Arguing against this point would be worthless on your time unless you give me the source and it is credible and NOT SUBJECTIVE.

Along with Mosh's entire post I just need to reinstate, people change over time, Humans at one point in time HAD to be able to eat RAW MEAT. Wisdom teeth are a vestigial structure in our body (meaning it had use in our ancestors but not as much for us) and it's purpose was to help chew meats. This was discussed 7 years ago in my high-school biology class.

(Sorry for a ranting/chewing post but I can't stand when people just believe everything they read, vegetarianism is not a horrible thing but when they make up completely false arguments it pisses me off)
Also studies have shown that are appendi(x?),more likely then not, were used to aid digestion w/ raw meats...this was disscussed 2 years ago in my biology class. And also that salt + moisture will cause rust...which is bad for shiney cougars... (Cant say im sorry enough Kevin heh :wink:)