Cooking is fun! Cooking for everyone!

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Math
Standard
Standard

Post by Math » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:52 am

Green Tea wrote:
Math wrote:Bill Pearl the world famous body builder. He won the Mr.Universe title not only as a Vegetarian, but also without the use of steriods.
Didn't know about him, but he did start steroids in 1958 but ended his use of them in 1961. So he did use steroids prior to starting his vegeterian diet in 1969.
Could one not safely assume that if cutting out red meat from a diet is healthier for the body, that the body is therefore designed for that type of diet.
Red herring.... your arguments are supporting that there are a few strong vegetarians, and your claim is since there are a few strong vegetarians that it's healthier for the body and the body is designed for it. Unrelated.
Yeah it wasn't meant to be related. I don't see how muscle mass really fits into the equation anyway. We don't need muscles to survive. At least to the point of being "muscular".
What I was trying to point out was that if a vegetarian diet is "adequate" enough to survive on and it's also both "heathful" and "beneficial", as the ADA says. Then... "Could one not safely assume that if cutting out red meat from a diet is healthier for the body, that the body is therefore designed for that type of diet."

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:20 am

Math wrote:Yeah it wasn't meant to be related. I don't see how muscle mass really fits into the equation anyway. We don't need muscles to survive. At least to the point of being "muscular".
Football :D (sorry I'm a huge football fan it's a portion of my life.)
Math wrote:"Could one not safely assume that if cutting out red meat from a diet is healthier for the body, that the body is therefore designed for that type of diet."
All you need to drink is water:
Could one not safely assume that cutting out tea from a diet is healthier for the body, that the body is therefore designed for that type of diet?
(don't even try to argue benefits of tea with me :lol:

Math wrote:What I was trying to point out was that if a vegetarian diet is "adequate" enough to survive on and it's also both "heathful" and "beneficial", as the ADA says.
reference to my first post about this topic
Green Tea wrote:(Sorry for a ranting/chewing post but I can't stand when people just believe everything they read, vegetarianism is not a horrible thing but when they make up completely false arguments it pisses me off)
and my second:
Green Tea wrote:The only reason why I argued is because you are believing lies and ignorance is one of my top pet peeves especially when you try to pass off those lies as truth
and my 3rd post:
Green Tea wrote:I agree that vegetarianism can be healthy, but saying we're not designed to eat meat is absurd.
and again in my 3rd post:
Green Tea wrote:I know it can be healthy, but my point is what you stated was not credible.
so I will not repeat myself.
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.

seveneleven
Heavy
Heavy

Post by seveneleven » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:08 pm

be this disccusion as it may, I challenge you to a cook off T.

And to note on that stuff about meat rotting in ones digestive tract...what would you expect from a country that really doesnt rely on serving sizes?

Your supposed to have a serving of steak the size of your fist (approx.) yet either way i think people would agree, some not all, that a steak should at least be the size of a football...

And T i still challenge you! >=]

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:50 pm

goddammit i keep trying to click those t's cuz i think theyre links
when your eyesight is this bad you might need sleep :x

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:39 am

The only thing better than starting an IndyDDR meme: starting an IndyDDR meme that causes hascoolnickname to gouge his eyes out.

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:54 pm

He's a pretty good and creative cook. n_n

A NEW CHALLENGER HAS APPEARED.
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:28 pm

I will do cooking against anyone who deems themselves worthy enough to challange me.

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:57 pm

i will crush you son!
insert code compile execute return

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:45 pm

Heaven or hell...

LET'S COOK!

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:50 am

Don't even start shit, cuz you're all about to get schooled by a 15 year old.

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:32 am

If I had available foodstuffs for this "cook off," I wouldn't mind involving myself. Sounds like a lot of fun now that, you know...I'm fairly convinced that I can cook. XD

In other news, every time I scroll by Fluffy's signature picture, I have to stop and watch. -.-

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:15 pm

Erin FTW!

I'm not even going to try... can't beat her.

But on a marginally related topic, you know what I discovered today? Sun-dried tomatoes do not like my noodles. Fresh basil, on the other hand, does. We need a drooling emoticon.

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:34 pm

Arka wrote:Erin FTW!

I'm not even going to try... can't beat her.

But on a marginally related topic, you know what I discovered today? Sun-dried tomatoes do not like my noodles. Fresh basil, on the other hand, does. We need a drooling emoticon.
Awww, hearts!!! n_____n

You could beat me. I'm a noob. n_n

Your "noodles"? Like...spaghetti? Basil is yummy with 'sketti. n_n If I'm eating tomatoes with my pasta, I prefer them, eh...the fresh way. XD I figured out that making my own sauce instead of using the jar stuff is so much better (and it's goooooodddd). I don't think sundrieds would be very good, though... XP Sundrieds make me think of this:

Grapes are to raisins
Tomatoes are to sundried tomatoes

And then I think of sundried tomatoes like raisins. Then I pout a little and turn them down. XD

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:45 pm

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution wrote:Awww, hearts!!! n_____n

You could beat me. I'm a noob. n_n
Yes, but you're not a talentless hack! Advantage: Erin.
Mosh_Mosh_Revolution wrote:Your "noodles"? Like...spaghetti? Basil is yummy with 'sketti. n_n If I'm eating tomatoes with my pasta, I prefer them, eh...the fresh way. XD I figured out that making my own sauce instead of using the jar stuff is so much better (and it's goooooodddd). I don't think sundrieds would be very good, though... XP
Actually, the first batch I cooked using a light cream sauce. (Less work is good, and flat noodles are better with light sauces anyway.) The remainder of the noodles are up in my freezer now, and I keep promising myself I'll thaw and cook them any hour now...
Mosh_Mosh_Revolution wrote:Sundrieds make me think of this:

Grapes are to raisins
Tomatoes are to sundried tomatoes

And then I think of sundried tomatoes like raisins. Then I pout a little and turn them down. XD
Hee! I like that. Though I actually enjoy raisins, for some reason... only the plump, juicy kind, though.

I wonder how noodles made with raisins would taste. :lol:

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:20 pm

sam wrote:i will crush you son!
Actually I would like to have a cookoff with you one of these days... I will have to hone my technique a little bit more

(wow I had never typed the word hone before and it looks really weird.)