Wanna be a zombie?

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

SirPhobos
Standard
Standard

Wanna be a zombie?

Post by SirPhobos » Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:54 pm

i'm in dire need of a mob of people to be zombies in a movie that myself and my friends are going to shoot later this summer entitled "Livingly Challenged"

So i need some zombie volunteers. I'm talking at least 20-30 people.

Anyone want in?

P.S. here's a teaser trailer.

Livingly Challenged, a fresh comedy... with zombies.

Everyone who's in the movie will most likely receive a copy on DVD when it's completed.[/url]
I got my propaganda, I got revisionism.
I got my violence in high-def ultra-realism.
All a part of this great nation.

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:57 pm

Ohmygodohmygodohmygod, Kevin and me want to be zombiiiiieeeeeeeesssssss!!!!!!!

.... Yeah. n_n
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

Spazz
Standard
Standard

Post by Spazz » Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:25 pm

wtf I don't get it? Was the guy trying to hump the other guy and the guy that was going to get humped (the humpee?) trying to make out with him or some shit? Because that wasn't a zombie.

Yeah.

SirPhobos
Standard
Standard

Post by SirPhobos » Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:27 pm

Spazz wrote:wtf I don't get it? Was the guy trying to hump the other guy and the guy that was going to get humped (the humpee?) trying to make out with him or some shit? Because that wasn't a zombie.

Yeah.
you're missing the point. it's a teaser trailer. it's footage that's not even going to be used in the film.

Edit, also, the guy in the yellow shirt says a lot of things that are inaudible because of all the screaming.

Look, this isn't a thread to bash a teaser trailer. You're basing judgement on something that was made for pure humor.

notice the part where it says "COMEDY."

Spazz
Standard
Standard

Post by Spazz » Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:29 pm

SirPhobos wrote:
Spazz wrote:wtf I don't get it? Was the guy trying to hump the other guy and the guy that was going to get humped (the humpee?) trying to make out with him or some shit? Because that wasn't a zombie.

Yeah.
you're missing the point. it's a teaser trailer. it's footage that's not even going to be used in the film.
I was actually just making fun.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:32 pm

better camera work? like, ALOT better?
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

SirPhobos
Standard
Standard

Post by SirPhobos » Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:33 pm

Potter wrote:better camera work? like, ALOT better?

this is the capture device's fault. everything is overly bright. i plan on buying a new device in time to film the movie.

Edit, also, the cameraman was sitting on a couch. we plan on having tripods and boom mikes, maybe even different video equipment, that's still in the works.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:34 pm

does it vibrate then? I wasnt talking about picture quality, the angles all sucked and it was wayyyyyyyy to shaky. And yes the lighting did suck, you need to tweek your color temp.
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

SirPhobos
Standard
Standard

Post by SirPhobos » Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:41 pm

Potter wrote:does it vibrate then? I wasnt talking about picture quality, the angles all sucked and it was wayyyyyyyy to shaky. And yes the lighting did suck, you need to tweek your color temp.

it matters not, since i plan on replacing it. i can't get the resolution i need for the film out of the current capture device.

and no, it's not shaky, that was a handheld camera problem - no tripod.

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Sat Jul 09, 2005 7:45 pm

better quality, better angles, BETTER SOUND. From what I heard out of my speakers that was only one channel for that guy screaming or whatever and then the music was on the other. Should be good once you get it set up.

SirPhobos
Standard
Standard

Post by SirPhobos » Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:02 pm

hascoolnickname wrote:better quality, better angles, BETTER SOUND. From what I heard out of my speakers that was only one channel for that guy screaming or whatever and then the music was on the other. Should be good once you get it set up.

yeah, i think the sound is both the camera and the capture device. we might capture the sound seperately from the video and just sync it up.

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:17 am

Ok people, he's using a handheld camera for the teaser. The quality, sound AND video, is obviously not that great.
He said he was going to get new equipment for the film, so there isn't much point in stating over and over again how low the qaulity of the trailer was.
Since he said he'll be replacing it, he already knows that. :roll:

Movies are a lot of work, especially when you live in suburbia. The biggest problem I had when working with mine were film/sound quality ( I was working with a camera manufactured in 1985), and lack of location.

SirPhobos
Standard
Standard

Post by SirPhobos » Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:26 am

Original Sin wrote:Ok people, he's using a handheld camera for the teaser. The quality, sound AND video, is obviously not that great.
He said he was going to get new equipment for the film, so there isn't much point in stating over and over again how low the qaulity of the trailer was.
Since he said he'll be replacing it, he already knows that. :roll:

Movies are a lot of work, especially when you live in suburbia. The biggest problem I had when working with mine were film/sound quality ( I was working with a camera manufactured in 1985), and lack of location.
vehicular noise is one of the biggest problems i'm having. i'm supposed to have this desolate atmosphere, but i live in suburbia where there are cars EVERYWHERE.

the solution: film at 5:00am.

I'm not worried too much. i'm not director of photography. i'm writer/producer/co-star/co-director.

we have a 3rd year film student as the director of photography.

CaseyDidder
Administrative Discipline

Post by CaseyDidder » Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:04 pm

who cares the video si going to suck no matter what equipment he uses.

SirPhobos
Standard
Standard

Post by SirPhobos » Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:03 pm

CaseyDidder wrote:who cares the video si going to suck no matter what equipment he uses.

Thanks for the encouragement, Casey.

which is based on the fact that you have never read the script, know anything about the actors, or what we have in mind.

I don't really care what you think anyhow. It's not like your opinions matter to anyone.