Grubb's Random Thoughts of the Day

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Grubb
Standard
Standard

Grubb's Random Thoughts of the Day

Post by Grubb » Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:03 am

Don't let immitations fool you!

This one's Legit!

Hehehe, Whatever.

Post in whichever one you like.

I donno... maybe this one is more of a memorial.

RIP: Grubb's Random Thoughts of the Day.

October 10th, 2002 - November 25th, 2004

O 16581 72452 5
Standard
Standard

Post by O 16581 72452 5 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:28 am

Yo,

I just wanted to be the first post. :)

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:32 am

I think that having two random thoughts threads is redundant and will only serve to create confusion. The other thread already has a good head of steam behind it, so I don't want to mess with it too much.

I gave it a little thought, and I decided to change the title of the other thread as a nod to its history while preserving the continuity of its life on these new forums. Afterall, even a thread actually named "Grubb's Random Thoughts of the Day" and created by Grubb himself (like this one you're reading right now) isn't the original anymore either. I hope everyone will find this to be an acceptable solution.

I invite discussion on this--or suggestions if you have a better solution--in this thread through the end of the week. At that time I will most likely simply lock this so that we will have only one random thread. Let's leave the randomness in the other thread.

Oh yeah...and welcome back, Grubb.

xK1
Standard
Standard

Post by xK1 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:19 am

If it were up to me, I would lock both threads. =P

Since that won't happen though, I would leave the other thread as simply "Random Thoughts of the Day"

Yes, it originally started out as Grubb's, but it evolved beyond that once other people started posting in it (which unfortunately was a trend started by me I believe), and especially after he left for so long. Anyone who cares already knows the history of the thread, why dwell in the past?

Ebola Gay
Standard
Standard
Location: Outside your bedroom window, cleverly hidden by shrubs.

Post by Ebola Gay » Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:36 am

My feelings on the subject can be seen here.

I agree with Neil, why rename anything? Delete this one, other one's regular "Random Thoughts of the Day".

Grubb
Standard
Standard

Post by Grubb » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:39 pm

Ho wrote:I think that having two random thoughts threads is redundant and will only serve to create confusion. The other thread already has a good head of steam behind it, so I don't want to mess with it too much.

I gave it a little thought, and I decided to change the title of the other thread as a nod to its history while preserving the continuity of its life on these new forums. Afterall, even a thread actually named "Grubb's Random Thoughts of the Day" and created by Grubb himself (like this one you're reading right now) isn't the original anymore either. I hope everyone will find this to be an acceptable solution.

I invite discussion on this--or suggestions if you have a better solution--in this thread through the end of the week. At that time I will most likely simply lock this so that we will have only one random thread. Let's leave the randomness in the other thread.

Oh yeah...and welcome back, Grubb.
It's fine Ho,

Like I said, this one is more like a tribue to the old one.

<Edit>

Hey, just a thought.

It doesn't matter to me, but maybe Ho could combine the two... Or just delete this one and rename the old one "Grubb's Random Thoughts od the Day" and just add my first comment here to the top of that one... or something.

I donno, it honestly doesn't matter to me.

</edit>
Last edited by Grubb on Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GaKki
Standard
Standard

Post by GaKki » Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:25 pm

Well, I don't know what to do... I think this one is more appropriate. However, there needs to be an official decision made. A poll! Can that be added by the topic-starter.? Or someone can just decide, but I like this one. It would be weird other-wise. But I don't care. Just delete which ever doesn't make it, because other wise I will be confuse-a-lated. :D

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:37 pm

Well, let's just run with it. I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread and let the other one continue.