Enya, and not really a discussion of how awesome she is

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

CgSquall
Standard
Standard

Enya, and not really a discussion of how awesome she is

Post by CgSquall » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:08 pm

really, Enya music rocks. Or am I just some sorta weirdo who likes odd music?

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:11 pm

No, you're not. Enya rules. Her music is especially good as background music for studying, reading, etc. You can pay attention to it and digest it if you want, but that's not really required for enjoyment. It's not "head banger" music, as my mother would call it, either.

I might also suggest that you look up a CD done by the Taliesin Orchestra that was a bunch of the music by Enya. Some of their stuff is really very good, possibly better than the Enya original.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Don't Shoot The Messenger
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Don't Shoot The Messenger » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:14 pm

call me ghey or whatever, but enya is pretty good... same with enigma, deep forest, etc. i think someone sent me an enya / gregorian chant MP3 a month or two ago... it was pretty crazy.

CgSquall
Standard
Standard

Post by CgSquall » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:36 pm

Yeah...i've been really into Enya music lately..Enya and Eurobeat....weird combination...but yeah...I really need to get to a music store pretty soon and buy some more Cds and before you say it, Yes I actually buy Cds.

Anybody have a favorite song(if you listen to Enya?)

Mine would probably be Book of Days, although that's kind..of like..her most known song?..iuno, I still like it.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:44 pm

Well, Orinoco Flow ("Sail away, Sail away") would probably be her most popular one. I really do like Book of Days too, but my favorite is probably Anywhere Is. Unfortunately, that's one of those songs you actually almost have to pay attention to :).

Here's a sample of Anywhere Is for those of you who can decode a Vorbis (there's a plugin for WinAmp).

Oh, and yes, Eurobeat is good too.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.

Fagulous
Standard
Standard

Post by Fagulous » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:52 pm

Enya is actually pretty good chill music, but all of her songs sound the same, doesn't she write everything in the key of C or whatever.

Pheadra
Standard
Standard

Post by Pheadra » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:33 am

I listened to Enya to fall asleep to when I went to China. I've also been listening to her since I was a little girl, I love her and her music!
ImageThe secret to life is, oh look! Something Shiny!Image

THE REAL DEAL
Standard
Standard

Post by THE REAL DEAL » Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:21 am

my god... how can you guys listen to that?
Steve a.k.a. DJ Side One

I AM THE REAL DEAL!!!

helitrash SaS: i want cock
helitrash SaS: adoodledoo

CgSquall
Standard
Standard

Post by CgSquall » Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:29 am

usually it's kinda like this *sits and listens* it's not a hard thing to do actually...it's a lot more relaxing than listening to rock music or anything, soothing is a good term for it I believe.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:56 pm

Chill Out music is pretty funny. Take a few nice sounding chords, add a tribal person chanting along with various noises tribal people make and you've got a hit.

Pure Moods forev.

LoveIsCaffeinated
Standard
Standard

Post by LoveIsCaffeinated » Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:18 pm

enya is my god. she did a lot of the music for the lord of the rings trilogy, and i love her "let it be." orinoco flow rocks my socks off...and i think the best album was memory of trees. that one was so mellow yet deep. her music is the kind that just takes the mind and frees it.

Don't Shoot The Messenger
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Don't Shoot The Messenger » Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:53 am

THE REAL DEAL wrote:my god... how can you guys listen to that?
cuz we're ghey like that :oops:

THE REAL DEAL
Standard
Standard

Post by THE REAL DEAL » Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:31 am

CgSquall wrote:usually it's kinda like this *sits and listens* it's not a hard thing to do actually...it's a lot more relaxing than listening to rock music or anything, soothing is a good term for it I believe.
ok since you wanna be a smart ass..... how can you guys stand that shit?
Steve a.k.a. DJ Side One

I AM THE REAL DEAL!!!

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:42 am

Actually, I think he explained it pretty well. Enya's music isn't something I'd be likely to listen to in concert or when I want to go have run with a bunch of friends, but it's great for chilling out without having to think much about it or when something else is demanding the majority of your attention (homework, for example).

Maybe if you explained what makes Enya's music "shit" in your opinion, we could address your question more directly?
A normality test:
+++ATH

THE REAL DEAL
Standard
Standard

Post by THE REAL DEAL » Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:01 am

MonMotha wrote:Actually, I think he explained it pretty well. Enya's music isn't something I'd be likely to listen to in concert or when I want to go have run with a bunch of friends, but it's great for chilling out without having to think much about it or when something else is demanding the majority of your attention (homework, for example).

Maybe if you explained what makes Enya's music "shit" in your opinion, we could address your question more directly?
it sounds like a female monk chanting retarded noises to ambience. its irritating and lame.
Steve a.k.a. DJ Side One

I AM THE REAL DEAL!!!