New or old CDs rate them and share what you like

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

rUiN GOD
Standard
Standard

New or old CDs rate them and share what you like

Post by rUiN GOD » Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:30 pm

Green Day American Idot- B- Only because its so short. Is it me or did blink 182 and Green Day kinda start growing up?

Edit:: Allison ill get you that CD. Tuesday

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:58 pm

Nine Inch Nails- 'The Fragile'- It's a good album, with a lot of music (2 discs, about 12 tracks each). The problem is, a lot of it blends together after a while. Only a few tracks really stand out, and the rest blend seemlessly together in a sort of ambient fashion. Good music, but it doesn't have nearly as much personality as some of his last albums, say, The Downward Spiral for example.

I'm anxious to get a hold of his new album, which is supposed to be released later this year. This his music changes so much, I'm really not sure what to expect.

Fluffyumpkins

Re: New or old CDs rate them and share what you like

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:21 pm

rUiN GOD wrote:Green Day American Idot- B- Only because its so short. Is it me or did blink 182 and Green Day kinda start growing up?
If by growing up you mean selling out and playing pop-punk cr*p, then they're wise beyond their age. They're no longer artists, just businessmen and I ain't buying.

Darkstarwebstar
Standard
Standard

Post by Darkstarwebstar » Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:32 pm

true that fluffy true that. they were really cool and energetic earlier and now they(greenday + blink 182) have sold out. but there are those good bands that havent sold out . mostly b/c they are dead. kinda like freedy murphie from queen. such a sweet band.
You're beautiful
Well I'm a total wreck and almost every day.
Like the firing squad or the mess you made.
Well don't I look pretty walking down the street.
In the best damn dress(pair of pants for me) I own?
My Chemical Romance- Give Em Hell, Kid

Hoody2006
Standard
Standard

Post by Hoody2006 » Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:19 pm

rUiN GOD wrote:
Green Day American Idot- B- Only because its so short. Is it me or did blink 182 and Green Day kinda start growing up?
If by growing up you mean selling out and playing pop-punk cr*p, then they're wise beyond their age. They're no longer artists, just businessmen and I ain't buying.
They have to grow up they are all in their thirties now(if not older) and they cant keep singing about the same stuff. I know lots of bands are old and sing about the same stuff and the same way but they dont. Also they made a change, just becaused they changed doesnt mean they are selling out, and of you mean they just now sold out they didnt they sold out a long time ago
if it doesnt matter who wins or loses then why do they keep score
-Vince Lombardi-

SirPhobos
Standard
Standard

Post by SirPhobos » Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:54 pm

mc chris - Eating's not cheating (version 2)

this version has two remixed songs, plus two new ones. this is also the most polished and refined album by the rapper made famous by adult swim.

honestly, what better lyrics can you find than this?

I like thongs, like grannies
Like any old panties
Hanging on the lampshades
As I tap on her back space
I like bows, like lace
Like suckin' her face
I like fuckin' her waist
I make a bucket of paste

on the cons, the cd's not long enough.
I got my propaganda, I got revisionism.
I got my violence in high-def ultra-realism.
All a part of this great nation.

Fuzakeru
Standard
Standard

Post by Fuzakeru » Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:03 pm

Sadly enough, I am involved in ripping music off of the interweb so I haven't bought a CD in a long time.
Hybrid Theory and Meteora ( LP of course ) didn't disappoint me at all. A lot of the other shit they did disappointed me but not these two albums. Although LP is considered so emo ( or so I've been told a countless number of times ) that they're hated or something? I don't know. You youn'ungs confuse the hell outta me. 8) ??

Fagulous
Standard
Standard

Post by Fagulous » Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:19 pm

Selling out? If you want to declare that someone is selling out, I'll have to say U2 for putting thier name on an iPod.

I still like thier music though.

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:57 pm

how about single songs if we haven't heard the whole album or it isn't out yet?
u2 - vertigo: FAIL
weezer - beverly hills: D

lol lets think... albums...
The Smiths - The Smiths: A
The Crystal Method - Legion of Boom: C
DJ QBert - Wave Twisters, Episode 7 Million: Sonic Wars Within the Protons: A
Hateen - Loved: A
Hateen - Hydrophobia: AA
Comeback Kid - Turn it Around: A
Led Zeppelin - IV: AA
Alkaline Trio - Good Mourning: A
Iron Maiden - Dance of Death: B
Iron Maiden - Brave New World: A
Iron Maiden - Powerslave: AA
Descendents - Somery: A
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."

TylerHHS
Standard
Standard

Post by TylerHHS » Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:03 pm

Pink Floyd albums, ranked in order of my favorite 5:

1) Wish You Were Here-A+, the best Pink Floyd album and possibly my favorite album of all-time.

2) Animals-A, another one of my all-time favorite albums by any artist.

3) The Wall-A, if you haven't seen the movie, see it, but I warn you, it is extremely fucked up. The album is just amazing

4) Dark Side of the Moon-A-, if you say this album is your favorite Pink Floyd album, you aren't a true Pink Floyd fan. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but the other 3 above are so much better.

5) The Final Cut-B+, Pink Floyd's last album with Roger Waters before he went solo.

Other albums:

Death Cab For Cutie-Transatlanticism-A

Jack Johnson-In Between Dreams-A

Steely Dan-A Decade of Steely Dan-A

Experience Hendrix-The Best of Jimi Hendrix-A

Too many to list, I love music.

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:07 pm

Selling out? I happen to like green day, but they can't keep doing the same thing over and over again. People get sick of it. You can say 'sell out,' but you know what? I call it evolution. Maybe it is for money, maybe it's not. But you know what? They do it as a career. Careers are about money, like it or not. They have to survive too damnit. I'd hate to see a good band lose all of their fame/fortune, just because they refused to 'sell out' and evolve their music. Their a good band, and their new music has a lot more meaning to it. I don't give a damn if they're corporate or not. Music is music. Get over it.

Fagulous
Standard
Standard

Post by Fagulous » Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:09 pm

Original Sin wrote:Selling out? I happen to like green day, but they can't keep doing the same thing over and over again. People get sick of it. You can say 'sell out,' but you know what? I call it evolution. Maybe it is for money, maybe it's not. But you know what? They do it as a career. Careers are about money, like it or not. They have to survive too damnit. I'd hate to see a good band lose all of their fame/fortune, just because they refused to 'sell out' and evolve their music. Their a good band, and their new music has a lot more meaning to it. I don't give a damn if they're corporate or not. Music is music. Get over it.
Yes that's nice but it doesn't change the fact Blink 182 does and always has sucked. :P

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:13 pm

I've never really been a blink fan, I was just going with the green day thing. I used to listen to green day all the time when I was younger. It just pisses me off when an artist busts their ass to get successful, and someone comes along screaming 'Sell out sell out!', because the play for bigger audiences and sell more albums, and *gasp!* get airtime on the radio.

Fagulous
Standard
Standard

Post by Fagulous » Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:16 pm

Original Sin wrote:I've never really been a blink fan, I was just going with the green day thing. I used to listen to green day all the time when I was younger. It just pisses me off when an artist busts their ass to get successful, and someone comes along screaming 'Sell out sell out!', because the play for bigger audiences and sell more albums, and *gasp!* get airtime on the radio.
True they are teh annoying, but they don't piss me off as much as people who think they are special because, they've been listening to Whoever forever vs. someone who recently heard of Whoever and decided they liked it.

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:19 pm

Yeah. There's a lot of annoyances in the music world. People seem to be really anal about it. The ones that really baffle me are the ones that get angry when they find out someone else listens to their favorite band.
Come on now! If they're any good, SOMEONE is gonna notice besides you! Then of course, the person in question has to dig up a new favorite band and repeat the cycle.