What flippin pad do I have??

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Re: What flippin pad do I have??

Post by Potter » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:09 am

WHERE U GO NEW GUYYYYYYY

99% chance our autistic bickering scared him away
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:22 am

Yeahhhhhhh the dude likely had no idea what he was in for but I will admit I love how we get randos coming in every few months to ask a technical question about DDR. It's like this humble little forum is the only place where you can get a real answer (or a shitty answer from me with a lot of heart behind it) and not have to deal with a bunch of pedophiles or weird clique-y sperglords that can only talk in memes.

I still have no idea how people find this place though. If you Google "DDR" we are not even in the first 7 result pages and if you Google "DDR arcade problem" we finally show up at the bottom of page 5. Who the fuck goes to page 5 in their Google search?

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:18 pm

Merk wrote:If you Google "DDR" we are not even in the first 7 result pages and if you Google "DDR arcade problem" we finally show up at the bottom of page 5. Who the fuck goes to page 5 in their Google search?
wait really? I thought it was like the first or second result and that's where they were all coming from
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:11 am

Google bubbles people pretty hard, so if it knows you like IndyDDR, it will tend to place those results highly.

I rarely use Google, and IndyDDR definitely doesn't appear in the first several pages of hits for "ddr arcade problem" (no quotes). In fact, http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php ... DDR_Issues appears higher which has nothing to do with arcades and is for a totally different kind of DDR.

(Even that was on the 5th page for me - though it may be higher than for you due to the aforementioned bubbling)
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:26 am

I am convinced that we're gonna get to the point where like the strong majority of the US GDP is gonna be advertising. God damn. The amount of expended effort and gathered data that gets pruned just to sell me some shit I don't need is staggering and people pay a fuckload for it lol

twinsky
Beginner
Beginner

Post by twinsky » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:52 am

Oh hey, I'm back! I wasn't scared away completely.

I ended up doing a bit more digging around. Apparently these are by some kind of knockoff brand called "Blue Spark." There's very little info on the internet about em but a friend will be testing the pinouts using a multimeter. The fact that one button works is a sign that they might work with a custom cable of some kind. I was hoping I could just buy some sort of adaptor but ah well.

So yeah! The reason I posted here originally is because this is like the only active DDR board I could find. Pretty impressive. I kind of wish there were a DDR scene here in Phoenix. You all must have super buff legs.

I gotta get nice metal pads working is so I can bind the arrows to various sound patches and play them like drum pads on stage during a performance. So buying an actual arcade machine would be a tiny bit of a hassle for this.
We're covering this song:
https://youtu.be/0kGi9LE21dU