IndyDDR Celebs

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Fluffyumpkins

IndyDDR Celebs

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:34 pm

Let's rank IndyDDR members on their level of celebdom. This is overall celebrity status, not just IndyDDR. Since we're shooting for TMZ, answers must be in the form of a list.

1. Ho
2. Riot
3. JoecoboCho
4. Potter
5. MonMotha

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Re: IndyDDR Celebs

Post by Riot » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:39 pm

My argument was that, for better or worse, I am the most "known" person simply by being a teacher and having been around 3000-5000 kids, parents in the district, and other community members. Brian has more contacts nationwide that would know him by name perhaps from the DDR scene, but my Youtube has like 1mil views from CS and I get recognized in CS sometimes.

Does Brian get "Hi Mr. Ho!" at the grocery store or around town? Does he get to embarrass children all around town because they see him out of his normal setting?!?! I think not. I mean, maybe he embarrasses children, I don't know.

I will give him this though:

18:37 Fluffyumpkins Brian has more scandals than you, that's for sure.
18:37 Fluffyumpkins He's the more sexy celeb.
18:37 Fluffyumpkins Like there will never be paparazzi looking out for you.

I am very boring. The thing about IndyDDR fame is that anybody well known is well known in their little niche. My niches are just slightly bigger. Niches get stitches.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:45 pm

Brian is a man about town. Nobody knows what he'll be getting into. Perhaps something adventurous. Perhaps something naughty. Perhaps something intellectual. It's a mystery.

Riot is a man in a Marvel room. Zzzzzzzz.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:20 am

Riot is a giant nobody as soon as he steps outside of Southwest Allen County Schools. I feel like if you have to know people through your job then that really cheapens the idea of the "celebrity" if were dick-measuring what a celebrity is by purely the amount of people that you know. Riot didn't really do shit other than the job he hates doing and getting recognition in his community is a consequence of his job.

None of us are celebrities but some of us have notoriety in certain weird internet circles. Like, no one's going to recognize Brian's name if they read it but they sure as fuck might recognize his Bemani Bordello basement.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:21 pm

Only one way to settle this:

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:19 pm

i am a cool guy i do the cool stuffs and ppl are like wow cool stuff
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:04 am

Potter is involved in a lot of things and he's probably the only poster other than SDP that I don't know a whole lot about what they do. Like how the fuck does Potter have money to do all the weird shit that he does? How much of SDP's life is dedicated to med school? These are all things I ask myself every day.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:10 am

Merk wrote:Potter is involved in a lot of things and he's probably the only poster other than SDP that I don't know a whole lot about what they do. Like how the fuck does Potter have money to do all the weird shit that he does?
Rich parents? Good financial investments? Won the lottery? I don't know.
Merk wrote:How much of SDP's life is dedicated to med school? These are all things I ask myself every day.
Enough to probably not be available enough to answer the question sadly.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:59 pm

wait what weird shit am I doing?
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:44 am

I feel like all you do all day is fuck around on HAM radio, drive cars, and look for weird Youtube videos.

But again I don't know the real Potter, I just know what I know from Facebook and IndyDDR.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:14 am

He also helps hipsters shoot underwater music videos and argues politics on the internet.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:54 pm

Merk wrote:I feel like all you do all day is fuck around on HAM radio, drive cars, and look for weird Youtube videos.

But again I don't know the real Potter, I just know what I know from Facebook and IndyDDR.
FWIW, this stuff doesn't have to cost that much. Plenty of "poor, starving college students" do stuff like that. If you can find some way to take care of your basic needs, you can engage in such hobbies on a surprisingly cheap basis.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:00 pm

MonMotha wrote:
Merk wrote:I feel like all you do all day is fuck around on HAM radio, drive cars, and look for weird Youtube videos.

FWIW, this stuff doesn't have to cost that much. Plenty of "poor, starving college students" do stuff like that. If you can find some way to take care of your basic needs, you can engage in such hobbies on a surprisingly cheap basis.
I took that not to mean that the hobbies were expensive, but being able to do obscure hobbies all day and not working a 9 to 5 every day means he is well off.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:05 pm

Cause he's an IndyDDR celeb! Celebs don't need jobs.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:26 pm

I'm still doing post production consult work, most of it remote, but I thought you guys already knew that lol. while not strictly 9 to 5 it ends up taking roughly the same amount of time a week/month, I just don't post about it all the time on Facebook. Does anyone do that with their job?

I GOT A HAM RADYIA AND UTUEB IM ROLLIN IN THA DOUGH

Also sadly due to busy-ness and other things ive used me pork radio maybe an hour a week the past few months, which is sad tbh. But anyway yeah, Facebook is deceptive. Looking at riots, all you do is play cs and shoot school vidyas u nub