Best discoveries of 2004

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Gatekeeper
Standard
Standard

Best discoveries of 2004

Post by Gatekeeper » Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:39 pm

Every day we discover new things. New music, books, television, hobbies, people, and places. What are some of your best discoveries of 2004?

Maybe a person who is now your close friend. Maybe a technique for playing poker. Maybe an artist or sports team.

Don't just post about things you like. Tell us about things you FOUND OUT ABOUT last year. Things we might not have heard of, but might spark interest.

The first thing I'd like to share is the group 'Cosmic Ally [코즈믹 앨리]'. If you are even remotely into electronica / techno I recommend you give them a look.

Techno Nation Corea
Their first album is a two cd-set and available at YesAsia for just 11 USD (see link above), but it worth ten times that. I'm not kidding, when I first reveived the CD and popped it in I was expecting standard-fare techno, but it hit me when I heard track 3, 'Never' and I honestly had to get online to make sure they only charged me eleven bucks for it. It's just that good folks, some of the best electronic music I have ever heard.

Twin Sun
This is their Western release album, maybe not worth 15 bucks for only a couple different tracks, but I picked it up to show my love for this music. If I had to recommend one album over the other, I'd say get this one because it drops two mediocre songs and picks up some good remixes. Also it has Westernizations of the track titles, which is nice because there was no way I was going to figure out ' 기쁜 우리 토요일' meant 'Fine Saturday', though it's about the most relaxing song in the world.

Anyway, so that's what I have to share, if you would like more samples of their work and can't figure out how to crack into my super-secured server (not) hit me up on AIM.

So what does everyone else have? What are your discoveries of 2004 that you'd like to share with the rest of us?
Last edited by Gatekeeper on Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

God Of Rock
Standard
Standard

Post by God Of Rock » Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:48 pm

I hear Al Gore invented that there interweb....

Gumby
Standard
Standard

Post by Gumby » Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:51 pm

I discovered the most loving and caring girl any guy could ever ask for. She's my angel and I love her so much.

/sappiness
I don't fear death; I fear not living.

djfooboo
Standard
Standard

Post by djfooboo » Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:41 pm

OMGOMGOMG Gatekeeper mader a typo!!!!!

Anywho's...
I discovered I hate college. I was preparing myself to live a life of professionalism and monotany that I just didn't want. So I got out. I am now doing an electrician apprenticeship.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:12 pm

I discovered if you put tuna fish in the pot while making ramen noodles, it comes out tasting pretty fantastic.

I also found out friends lists on LJs have a back button. That made my life a lot more simple and me that much more of a loser.

Dyme
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Dyme » Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:12 pm

the best discovery of 2004 was METAL GEAR SOLID 3!!!!!!! if that is even a discovery but it is to me
Team KIMO represent!

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:22 pm

God told me to edit this post becasue it was unworthy so I discovered the Cube series of movies. Cube, Hypercube (t3h suck), and Cube Zero.

The plot is awsome and ingenious and I don't know why they aren't more poplular.
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:13 pm

I edited my post so everyone come share your discoverioes. You have to have at least one over the corse of a year.
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Usagi~Lexiel
Standard
Standard
Location: Indianapolis//Bloomington-(visits with my dad'n'such.)

Post by Usagi~Lexiel » Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:15 pm

Best discovery of 2004? That there are politics among infantile babies. Yeah. Maybe I'll elaborate later.

XxJennaxX
Standard
Standard

Post by XxJennaxX » Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:06 pm

Gumby wrote:I discovered the most loving and caring girl any guy could ever ask for. She's my angel and I love her so much.

/sappiness
Awww, you two are absolutely adorable. :)
"I beg to dream and differ from the hollow lies."

Yume_Taira
Standard
Standard

Post by Yume_Taira » Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:10 pm

Potter wrote:God told me to edit this post becasue it was unworthy so I discovered the Cube series of movies. Cube, Hypercube (t3h suck), and Cube Zero.

The plot is awsome and ingenious and I don't know why they aren't more poplular.
Meanwhile, a Hypercube is a very good thing in Bejeweled 2. ^_^

Hmm...greatest discovery of 2004...I'd have to say a certain friend of mine. ^_~

Mr. Worm
Standard
Standard

Post by Mr. Worm » Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:29 pm

I discovered that this country needs some serious retooling.

Well, this last year confirmed it.

Crotis Jivefunk
Standard
Standard

Post by Crotis Jivefunk » Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:00 pm

almost everything that makes my life good now was discovered by myself in 2004:

-a lot of the music i listen to
-homestar runner
-playing guitar
-ganja
-ddr
-alot of my friends

Yume_Taira
Standard
Standard

Post by Yume_Taira » Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:53 pm

Crotis Jivefunk wrote:almost everything that makes my life good now was discovered by myself in 2004:
-ddr
-alot of my friends
*waves* Like me!!

I forgot to mention the discovery of enough Fishers and Noblesville dancers to actually form a CREW~!!! Go us! :D

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:03 pm

in 2004 i purchased a deep fryer...that was a fun descovery
insert code compile execute return