Pimp my ride

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Re: Pimp my ride

Post by Merk » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:52 pm

Not that it's all over -- Chaz, would you like to tell us about your car adventures?

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:05 pm

I started searching for compact vehicles. I wanted something small since I don't use the space and wanted good gas mileage. After research, I narrowed it down to 4 cars. Subaru Impreza, Honda Civic, Mazda 3 s, and Toyota Corolla. Since I plan to drive the car for its life, I ended up deciding to buy new. Each test drive was a 2015 model.

Corolla: Very smooth ride and very comfortable. I can see why this car is as common as it is. I was pretty well sold after my first test drive. A+
Civic: What a disappointment. The interior looked pretty sleek/hip, but it was loud as hell, hard to dive, and made bumps on the road feel like earthquakes. D
Impreza: Handled about as well as the Corolla, with maybe a slightly less comfortable seat. AWD was a nice feature. A
Mazda 3 s: Seemed to emphasize things that I don't particularly care about, like sharp turns and highway passing. I had a hard time accelerating, and Danielle wasn't comfortable in the seats. Nice car, but not the car for me. B

We did some more pricing, and found out the Subaru Legacy Premium (sedan) wasn't much more expensive for a nice looking interior and more space. After a test drive, I was really happy with how it felt. Cool features, good handling, nice and quiet, and apparently well reviewed for things like safety. After negotiating, I was able to get a price $300 over what I had originally asked, which was according to my research a very low price, and remote start thrown in. I did end up going with their financing, which ended up being 1.88%. This was better than any quote I found online ahead of time. Tom Wood Subaru had a very nice and helpful salesman. He didn't try any hardcore pressure tactics, and let me move at my own pace. It was more than I intended to spend at first, and I felt nauseous having spent so much money, but driving it for two days now has been a real pleasure. The car was also made in Indiana, so you, the reader, are obliged to like it.

This might be one of the most disorganized posts I've made on IndyDDR. I'm just glad this whole thing is done, and I ended up with something I like.

EDIT: I picked the color based on what I think looked most like Brandon's car since he drives a BMW and that's some classy shit. This is not a joke.

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:31 pm

Over / under on how fast the interior is littered with J-Core CDs and fast food garbage?

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:36 pm

I'll take the under.

Merk

Post by Merk » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:33 am

Chad, please post how much you paid for this car, I just looked over your post again and realized you didn't specify a figure, just interest rates and shit. Let us complete this thread by judging you as specified in this post:
I figured I'd share once it was all done. Still a few moving parts, and I want to make sure everything goes through. There will be plenty of time for everyone to tell me I messed up and make me feel bad for taking on good ol' American debt on a shitty vehicle. The tl;dr will look something like this:

I bought a new 2015 Subaru Legacy.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:01 pm

$40,000.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:24 pm

Salty Bucks?

Merk

Post by Merk » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:29 pm

There is no way you spent $40,000 on that car.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:46 pm

It is a lie. I'll get the exact number and post it later. At least now when everyone gives me crap, I can say, "Well it wasn't $40,000!" We'll all have a good laugh. A good laugh all the way to bankruptcy.

Merk

Post by Merk » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:52 pm

lol I am laughing right now!