Let's Troll

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Re: Let's Troll

Post by Riot » Mon May 18, 2015 4:32 pm

Merk wrote:Why are you posting pictures of me?!?!
Best text I ever got

wets be fwends

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon May 18, 2015 4:43 pm

It kind of looks like Jizzon in one of those G-force centrifuge things.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Mon May 18, 2015 10:27 pm

loool
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sat May 30, 2015 5:49 pm

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Sun May 31, 2015 10:56 pm

Content not available

Can you give us a cliff notes of what it was?

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:12 am

Merk wrote:Content not available

Oh man, it's gone =( It was the bizarre kids party (I'm guessing this was in Europe) and there was this giant inflatable crazy looking woman thing. She had this big inflatable boob that kept squirting the kids with milk and then a big inflatable vajayjay and this weird inflated deformed baby thing crawled out and ran around the kids lol.

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:43 am

That sounds like your standard run-of-the-mill fever dream

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:56 pm

Riot wrote:
Merk wrote:Content not available

Oh man, it's gone =( It was the bizarre kids party (I'm guessing this was in Europe) and there was this giant inflatable crazy looking woman thing. She had this big inflatable boob that kept squirting the kids with milk and then a big inflatable vajayjay and this weird inflated deformed baby thing crawled out and ran around the kids lol.

Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:23 am

lol yeah that's the one! The FB version only had the beginning part. What a weird thing.

http://snuffpuppets.com/what-we-do/everybody/

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:46 pm

lol this is some weird New York art thing

Pokebis
Standard
Standard

Post by Pokebis » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:22 am

Man, there's a children's science museum in Bloomington called the Wonderlab and I remember when I was quite young there was a demonstration given to one of my classes with a giant doll named Stuffy that taught us basic human biology. The doll was huge and had a giant zipper down the front that the demonstrators would unzip and pull out his organs to teach us about them.
I remember that disturbing me quite a bit when I was younger and I can't imagine what early exposure to art would do to me as a child.

Merk

Post by Merk » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:38 am

This has been on my mind for a while and I have to get this off my chest. It's going to piss a lot of people off but I have to say it:

The Korean BBQ experience is not good.

I know that's going to upset some people on here that have been caught up in the Hangul wave but let me explain. Why the eff would I want to go to a restaurant, cook my own food, and pay a premium for the privilege? When I go to a restaurant (and I'm fat so I do this a lot) I want to be waited on. I want to tell a server what food I want and then talk to my dining party until the food arrives, I stuff my fat face, and then pay the bill and go home. Marinating meat and cooking it on a grill is not hard. If I wanted to cook my own food, I'd go to the store and use my own cooking appliances and save a shit load of money.

Don't get me wrong, Korean BBQ is good when it's cooked, but I'm not going to pretend that it's anything other than marinated meat that I had to put the effort in to cook myself. I'll go to a Korean BBQ restaurant if that's what my friends are doing - I go to restaurants to be with people and be entertained by food - but if someone asks me, "Hey Merk where do you want to go out to eat?" I'd probably say some Cajun joint or a chicken wing shop.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:52 am

The only part I'm mad about is that it's Hallyu Wave, not Hangul Wave. ;)

As for your opinions on Korean BBQ, you're welcome to them. I acknowledge your points and can appreciate the dining experience you prefer sometimes as well. But sometimes I like doing things, too. It can be a fun activity. And in the case of KBBQ, I like that I can literally eat it hot off the grill so that every piece can potentially be like the first piece. But if you prefer, you can always have them cook it for you in the kitchen. :)

I have definitely done Korean BBQ at home (and in the office once). The marinades can take a little prep time, but it still tastes great and you're right that it costs a whole lot less (although I think the restaurant price is inflated here since it's a relative rarity).

Merk

Post by Merk » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:03 am

Whoa whoa whoa you can have them cook it for you?

But..... I don't know how to speak Korean!

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:08 am

I edited my original post with some more details. Pls give it a re-read.

Most of the BBQ dishes are available on the regular dinner menu to be prepared in the kitchen and brought to the table for you ready-to-eat.

I probably know < 10 Korean words, so I doubt you'll have any trouble ordering around here. You can also ask questions. The staff at the places I know around here (Bando, MaMa's, etc.) have at least serviceable English.